The Student Room Group

WJEC History

Anyone doing WJEC AS History tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ye, how did you find it! I found the time limit to be an issue, what questions did you answer?
Reply 2
Original post by John007
ye, how did you find it! I found the time limit to be an issue, what questions did you answer?

It was okay, i did Wales and England Transition and Politics. I did well on the the first one but yeah ran out of time on the second. so my A question Politics was quite weak and i rushed the B question so idk how well i done really. you?
Reply 3
what were the questions for section A and B? I answered the politics question but i've actually forgotten what the other question was :s-smilie: I found politics to be alright, it was a similar past paper question i think so it wasn't too bad, Hope the grade boundaries will be low, i think most people found it OK but they were difficult
Reply 4
Original post by John007
what were the questions for section A and B? I answered the politics question but i've actually forgotten what the other question was :s-smilie: I found politics to be alright, it was a similar past paper question i think so it wasn't too bad, Hope the grade boundaries will be low, i think most people found it OK but they were difficult

Section A was Wales and England in Transition and then Foreign Policy i think. What do you think you got?
Reply 5
I'd be happy with a B but im not sure now, maybe just scrapped it but i was checking the grade boundaries and 78 was an A last year, 68 for a B and 58 for a C
Reply 6
Original post by John007
I'd be happy with a B but im not sure now, maybe just scrapped it but i was checking the grade boundaries and 78 was an A last year, 68 for a B and 58 for a C

78 out of 120?
Reply 7
ye which is like 65% but then they convert that into UMS depending on how everyone is Wales did so it could be higher or lower than that but its around that mark, how did you answer that wales and England topic qs?
Reply 8
oh wow that's pretty low. I think i did well in them. I spent too long on them though which left me with less time on politics but i yeah they were pretty solid i think. How were you before going in the exam? like grading/past papers wise!
Reply 9
well i was smashing all the revision questions and a few past paper qs with the school and that but i found the qs a bit weird, i was quite confident though but seriously ran out of time, i was hitting like B's and A's in other past paper qs but needed to organise time managment, how about you? How much did you write for each question?
Reply 10
Ah well if you were hitting that and the boundaries are quite low why wouldn't you get an A!? I was about the same, High B's and Low A's. Um, it varied. I did 2 pages for the first A question, about 2 and half for the B, and then a page for the next A (cos of time) and only a page and half for the B. i seriously just crammed it, with facts and relating it to the question so no idea how well i did overall :frown:
Reply 11
ye hopefully its all about the quality and not the quantity as my teacher always says lol, Im sure you did well! could you remember the actual questions? Im going to put myself out of my misery and try and google the answers to see if i wrote it up in my essay lol
Reply 12
Original post by John007
ye hopefully its all about the quality and not the quantity as my teacher always says lol, Im sure you did well! could you remember the actual questions? Im going to put myself out of my misery and try and google the answers to see if i wrote it up in my essay lol

Yeah cos ive done practice ones, only problem was timing really! Haha, tell me what you find
Hey guys! I'm in year eleven... I was up till ten last night trying to learn the content! (self taught ish) and look at model answers... Talk about last minute...

I answered questions 1+2!

Transition in Wales and foreign policy?

There was so much to write with foreign policy and so I had to cut down a lot...

I only wrote a little bit though :/

Some people I knew finished the booklet! How?!

Also, how are everyone's HY2 results? I sat that last year and did Nazi Germany!
Reply 14
what was the actual politics question mate??? Im coming up with some next level articles and that, aint nobody got time fo' dat :P haha
Reply 15
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hey guys! I'm in year eleven... I was up till ten last night trying to learn the content! (self taught ish) and look at model answers... Talk about last minute...

I answered questions 1+2!

Transition in Wales and foreign policy?

There was so much to write with foreign policy and so I had to cut down a lot...

I only wrote a little bit though :/

Some people I knew finished the booklet! How?!

Also, how are everyone's HY2 results? I sat that last year and did Nazi Germany!

Year 11? this is AS lol 6th form
Reply 16
oooh, 'explain why the national government was formed by 1931'. And 'To what extent was the effect of WWI the main influence on people's lives between 1900-1940'
Original post by John007
Year 11? this is AS lol 6th form

Yeah, I know... I did:

Why were social reforms introduced? (24)

Was WWI the main influence on lives of people in Britain?(36)

And foreign policy was appeasement for 24 marks and fear of Germany for 36.

Original post by callum_r
oooh, 'explain why the national government was formed by 1931'. And 'To what extent was the effect of WWI the main influence on people's lives between 1900-1940'

Yeah, I did the latter for 1)b).

1)a) was explain why the liberals introduced the social reform.
I only wrote a side for part a and 2 for the part bs

My writing is quite small but still :lolwut: I wrote so little :emo:
Reply 19
my mistake the politics one was 'to what extent was the fall of the liberals the most significant development between 1900-1940'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending