The Student Room Group

OCR English Legal System feedback!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yellow0
Should me more than half if you went into detail, usually it means you can still get the top of level 3 which is 14 i believe :smile: what were the points you made in a solicitors part B... Im just wondeing whether i did that right now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

For part A I included alot of detail for detention about how it can be incresed and by who etc will that still be fine to get good marks? and i said that the police have the rights to delay an individual from consulting a solicitor also i didnt write about having the right to read the codes of practice :frown:
And part B for question 2?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by random1234567
For part A I included alot of detail for detention about how it can be incresed and by who etc will that still be fine to get good marks? and i said that the police have the rights to delay an individual from consulting a solicitor?
And part B for question 2?

Yeah, you probably wont lose many marks on that as the rights if the individual is only a small section and te solicitor stuff could possibly count for that anyway, dont worry too much! I missed sone stuff out too haha and hmm... Possibly questions 3? It was the one with the sentence and you had to discuss the extent to which it was true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Yeah, you probably wont lose many marks on that as the rights if the individual is only a small section and te solicitor stuff could possibly count for that anyway, dont worry too much! I missed sone stuff out too haha and hmm... Possibly questions 3? It was the one with the sentence and you had to discuss the extent to which it was true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh phew that makes me feel better thanks! yeah number 3b) oh for that I spoke about rehabilitation and fines etc wbu? Also what did you write for part B for the solicitor question it seemed abit strange
Reply 23
Oh phew that makes me feel better thanks! yeah number 3b) oh for that I spoke about rehabilitation and fines etc wbu? Also what did you write for part B for the solicitor question it seemed abit strange

Yeah same and for solicitors i wrote about cost and difficulty finding a training contract, not sure if thats right ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Yeah same and for solicitors i wrote about cost and difficulty finding a training contract, not sure if thats right ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg phew I wrote about that too I spoke about over supply and that many people find it difficult to find a training contract so yeah :biggrin: and other stuff
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
omg phew I wrote about that too I spoke about over supply and that many people find it difficult to find a training contract so yeah :biggrin: and other stuff

Awesome, yeah i thin overall it went well but i keep finding little things i forgot or did wrong haha.. I need to forget about it, not much we can do now haha >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Awesome, yeah i thin overall it went well but i keep finding little things i forgot or did wrong haha.. I need to forget about it, not much we can do now haha >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but I keep worrying about the police powers question now :frown:
Reply 27
Same but I keep worrying about the police powers question now :frown:

Lets stop worrying, someone in my class misunderstood and only did 3 questions, so it could be worse :wink: we will be okay :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Thank youuu! Hopefully it went okay ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got this to look forward to if it did...

laww.jpg
Reply 29
Original post by und3niable_
You've got this to look forward to if it did...

laww.jpg

Haha, well i hope so! Im defnately taking it next year as im dropping psychology which i havent revised for :L how is A2 in comparison? Im worried about the special study as its application and i am better at ao1 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Haha, well i hope so! Im defnately taking it next year as im dropping psychology which i havent revised for :L how is A2 in comparison? Im worried about the special study as its application and i am better at ao1 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dropped psychology because I hated it too *hi5* But still got a B. And A2 is VERY long. I'm ready for G153 I think, just a little more essay practice and I've just started prep for the special studies. It's very stressful. I've kept up all year and I'm still stressed and getting panicked

Yeah the AO2 and 3 bit is a bit of a b***h. I actually have to assess stuff... I need an A this year. I was three marks off at AS

special study.jpg
Reply 31
I dropped psychology because I hated it too *hi5* But still got a B. And A2 is VERY long. I'm ready for G153 I think, just a little more essay practice and I've just started prep for the special studies. It's very stressful. I've kept up all year and I'm still stressed and getting panicked

Yeah the AO2 and 3 bit is a bit of a b***h. I actually have to assess stuff... I need an A this year. I was three marks off at AS

special study.jpg

I actually have no motivation to revise psychology so im not gonna bother haha, good luck in your exams! 3 marks is unlucky :s how many ums did you get on sources and els out of interest? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
I actually have no motivation to revise psychology so im not gonna bother haha, good luck in your exams! 3 marks is unlucky :s how many ums did you get on sources and els out of interest? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

97 for ELS and i dunno

but I got 157 and 159 was an A and thankyou :3
Reply 33
97 for ELS and i dunno

but I got 157 and 159 was an A and thankyou :3

Ahh thats good :smile: so you got 60 on sources i think :tongue: i need to get 92 in this exam to get an A overall.. I did so much revision and i hope i did okay :L
I was wondering, i dont know if you know but can marks be deducted if things arent relevant? Because one question was role of mags/juries in criminal trials as i included some civil stuff (personal injury and the family court) :s obviously i wont get credit, would they be likely to take marks off? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Ahh thats good :smile: so you got 60 on sources i think :tongue: i need to get 92 in this exam to get an A overall.. I did so much revision and i hope i did okay :L
I was wondering, i dont know if you know but can marks be deducted if things arent relevant? Because one question was role of mags/juries in criminal trials as i included some civil stuff (personal injury and the family court) :s obviously i wont get credit, would they be likely to take marks off? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they use juries in civil coroner's courts..you weren't far off. They can't deduct technically. They just ignore what isn't relevant and Yeah sources was a bad paper for me although the easy topics came up :confused:
Original post by yellow0
Lets stop worrying, someone in my class misunderstood and only did 3 questions, so it could be worse :wink: we will be okay :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh fair enough still hope I can manage to get an A and same one person in my class only did 3 questions :/
Reply 36
Well they use juries in civil coroner's courts..you weren't far off. They can't deduct technically. They just ignore what isn't relevant and Yeah sources was a bad paper for me although the easy topics came up :confused:

Yeah, thanks :smile: i asked my teacher about that and about the suspect thing and he said its fine and i wont lose marks :P hurray!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Ahh fair enough still hope I can manage to get an A and same one person in my class only did 3 questions :/

Im sure you can! What did you get in sources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellow0
Im sure you can! What did you get in sources?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A 64 ums....... You?
Reply 39
I got an A 64 ums....... You?

I got 68 ums :smile:
I need 92/120 to get an A
So you should need about 94/120 :biggrin: so you can lose 26 marks and still get an A :smile: you should be fine! :smile:
Did you do a mock for ELS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending