The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Someone said earlier they would upload part A.
so what does everyone think they've managed? i'm thinking a B.

27 or so in multi choice, atleast 40/80 in section B surely? could it be i got half wrong? :colondollar: and 10+ in the essays secures that
Reply 342
Original post by JackoGeddes

27 or so in multi choice, atleast 40/80 in section B surely? could it be i got half wrong? :colondollar: and 10+ in the essays secures that

I'm really hoping for a B atleast but I'm not so sure.
Reply 343
I have the paper but I unfortunately don't have a scanner, I could tell you a few questions if you're struggling to remember?
Original post by KayaS
I have the paper but I unfortunately don't have a scanner, I could tell you a few questions if you're struggling to remember?

Could you post each number of question(not like a,b,c etc), the jist of what they were about and how many marks they were worth?
Original post by JackoGeddes

unfortunately im thinking a B, needed an A but :frown: think i got 25 in the multiple choice, possibly 48 in section B and at least 8 in both essays (they just happened to be perfect essays for me, complete luck)
Reply 346
Original post by scottishstudent462
Could you post each number of question(not like a,b,c etc), the jist of what they were about and how many marks they were worth?

Errrr I definitely don't have time for them all but if you pick a few you're really worried about I will
Original post by KayaS
Errrr I definitely don't have time for them all but if you pick a few you're really worried about I will

No bother, ehhh how many marks was the cyanide question worth altogether and the last question?
Reply 348
Original post by scottishstudent462
No bother, ehhh how many marks was the cyanide question worth altogether and the last question?

There's 2 marks for the change In the population of greenfly accounting for the cyanigenic glycoside concentration and one mark for how they are resistant to cyanide then 2 like percentage from graph questions for a mark each and the resin question for a mark and the last question was on phototropism and it was worth 5 makrks
Reply 349
KayaS what you could maybe do is take pictures of the paper from your phone and transfer them onto a computer maybe post them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 350
What did everyone put for the resin question?
Reply 351
I put forms a protective barrier to prevent entry of micro organisms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 352
For the water regulation essay I wrote both increasing and decreasing water content as I misread the question how many marks will I lose by doing this and I wrote both essays in a serious of bullet points is this okay???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put "To prevent the spread of the disease"
Original post by KayaS
There's 2 marks for the change In the population of greenfly accounting for the cyanigenic glycoside concentration and one mark for how they are resistant to cyanide then 2 like percentage from graph questions for a mark each and the resin question for a mark and the last question was on phototropism and it was worth 5 makrks

Thank you:wink:
Reply 355
Original post by Nessie162

Exactly what I put :smile:

Original post by 1234!
For the water regulation essay I wrote both increasing and decreasing water content as I misread the question how many marks will I lose by doing this and I wrote both essays in a serious of bullet points is this okay???

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will probably lose the relevance mark, but that is all :smile:
Reply 356
Original post by Nessie162

I think u might need to write protects a protective barrier as iv done a couple questions like these before in past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 357
Okay thank god haha I was soo worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
What did people write for the yeast question where it said why was there still gas given off at oxygen conc of 0 ???? I put because oxygen was still present which is very wrong I think the answer might be because The reaction was still proceeding??

Posted from TSR Mobile
See the phototropism what was the advantage? Also was IAA the answer to the last part of te question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending