The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
could some one please explain 1)f) to me because i thought that i had find the temp. at 500m and take it away from temp. at 1000m ?
Reply 161
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Maybe it was a testosterone level test, who knows

It said it was a statistics test at the top!
Original post by Hare-Krishna
Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth reading up model answers. Maybe it's better not knowing!

I always get told by my friends not to do it, but when you've given up Facebook to revise and you end up going on TSR at every spare moment to procrastinate, it gets tricky not to take a sneaky peak haha
Original post by Abbseh
It said it was a statistics test at the top!

Oh right, well my poor memory combined with the fact i don't tend to read questions very well lead me right into that trap, my bad
Reply 164
Original post by Hare-Krishna
But if I remember correctly they said clearly indicating any outliers.

Yes but that's not what the poster said they put. She/he was talking about the range.
Reply 165
Original post by lou_100
I know how you feel, I'm angry at myself for messing up the timing and rushing question 4 and 6. Past papers this week were all 70-74, I feel this paper was far below :/ Annoying because I know I can do it. I actually do think people considered this a tougher paper in terms of the awkward details, despite what Arsey said about it being a standard easy paper. I wouldn't be surprised if the boundary was more like 60.

Timing was a huge problem. I know people who didnt finish the paper and what I did is I missed some out and have enough time to come back, but I missed out the probability question AND cumulative probability function and I had 10 minutes I was about to wet myself !!! I ended up missed 6 marks off the probability one and another 6 off cumulative probability.

Im praying for 59 out of 75 for an A.

In June 2010 it was 55 and it was about the same difficulty as this paper :/
Original post by alex6265
could some one please explain 1)f) to me because i thought that i had find the temp. at 500m and take it away from temp. at 1000m ?

Doing this would lead to a negative answer because the temperature decreases with height, but it should lead to the same magnitude of difference i think
Reply 167
I think with stats it is more about timing and silly mistakes made by someone which makes it difficult, and not having time to check the answers again :frown:!!
Reply 168
Original post by Abbseh
I did this too! :/

ok it seems wrong now, worked it out again, but it still seems like a correct method to me
Reply 169
Original post by Xx4L3x
Timing was a huge problem. I know people who didnt finish the paper and what I did is I missed some out and have enough time to come back, but I missed out the probability question AND cumulative probability function and I had 10 minutes I was about to wet myself !!! I ended up missed 6 marks off the probability one and another 6 off cumulative probability.

Im praying for 59 out of 75 for an A.

In June 2010 it was 55 and it was about the same difficulty as this paper :/

I know mate same - loads of people didnt finish? do you think i would get ecf marks? :confused:
Reply 170
Original post by chigyy
Anyone?

of course you will, it is wrong. You might as well have said will me putting down potato lose me marks... wrong too. :wink:
What did people write for 4e?
Original post by lou_100
Have you actually looked at the boundaries? Don't have them in front of me but yeah, on the one hand you are right (they used to be in the 50s), but now they range from 60-64ish or something like that in the past couple years. I think Jan 2013 was 61 for an A.

Last 5 papers 60 and 61s. You're probably right. But I was mainly talking about the 90 ums boundary they have gone up
Originally Posted by Michael12345<br />
In q1 I used the full calculator values for the calculation of the r and the rest of the question...if I remember I got the same values as the model answers though, so I don't know if I'll lose out marks in part a for not mentioning 3 significant figures or what....other than that I believe full marks <br />
<br />
<br />
This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
<br />
<br />
Anyone???????<br />
<br />
<br />

Reply 174
Original post by Titus20
for diagram i didn't include 9, 77 and 64, thank you!!!

Hmmmm, it was out of 4. You would have definitely got 1, and definitely lost one. So you either got 2 out of 4 or 3 out of 4.

So.... lost either 1 or 2 marks on that one.
Reply 175
Original post by Arsey
of course you will, it is wrong. You might as well have said will me putting down potato lose me marks... wrong too. :wink:

yes but how many!? thanks so much
Reply 176
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Oh right, well my poor memory combined with the fact i don't tend to read questions very well lead me right into that trap, my bad

It's alright, I normally skip all the writing and just pick out the numbers :smile:
Reply 177
Arsey if i used the right method to get the mean and the standard deviation but didn't get the answers approx how many method marks would i get?
Original post by SILHAM
Did anyone have problems with timing on this paper thought it was a major issue?

Absolutely. 15 more minutes would have made such a huge difference
Reply 179
Original post by Michael12345
<br />
<br />
Anyone???????<br />
<br />
<br />

The full values and 3sf values provided the same answers to 3sf. If you used the full answers in your calculations, no marks deducted.

If you used the full values as your actual answers, 1 mark deducted probably in (a) because it specified 3sf. Other than that, no.

Latest

Trending

Trending