The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is going to be really hard to describe but I'm going to try anyway.

For my venn diagram question, I didn't draw 4 circles for each section

Instead I drew one circle in the middle for P(Bus), and then Three lines from the centre of the circle to the edge of the box I drew around it so there were three other sections for F H and C.

Basically if my venn diagram doesn't look like the one the Arsey drew, but still shows all the information and correct values, will I still get marks.
Reply 301
Yaaaay! I think I did everything correct apart from the silly written questions xD I found this paper really easy... I finished it with 40 minutes to spare D: I think those who did the venn diagram with one single circle in the middle with different sections split in 3 will also get the mark, since it was in a past paper before. ...Did anyone instantly think of the pokemon jumpluff when they did the exam? XD (for the venn diagram)
Reply 302
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Then I am expecting 50 - 56, :frown:
If i am lucky a B rite?

50-56 is between a B-C grade, usually.
Original post by Undisclosed 15
For the venn diagram I put the right values in but I left only Bblank instead of writing 0. Will i lose a mark for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did exactly this, even wrote a 0 in the sample space outside all the circles, but stupidly forgot the 0 in the B circle
Original post by Heypopsicle
I did this too! Haha, i thought i was the only one. Surely it is still right?

That's what I was trying to describe too, I think thats right and probs better than the other because there is no 0 section
Original post by milworthy
This is going to be really hard to describe but I'm going to try anyway.

For my venn diagram question, I didn't draw 4 circles for each section

Instead I drew one circle in the middle for P(Bus), and then Three lines from the centre of the circle to the edge of the box I drew around it so there were three other sections for F H and C.

Basically if my venn diagram doesn't look like the one the Arsey drew, but still shows all the information and correct values, will I still get marks.

yep you will get full marks! (given that the mark scheme isn't literally hitler)
Reply 306
Original post by Graham981
You are likely to lose at least 1 mark for leaving blanks rather than writing "0".

for writing p= instead of r=, it is likely to depend on how strict they mark you, but since there is no other variable abbreviated "p", you should get the marks.

For the box plot question, I wrote the same 1st two points, and I think you should get 2/2 unless you wrote something which contradicts your statements.

However, I don't think you are likely to get the question regarding unsuitability of mean & stan. dev., due to incorrect use of the term interpolation, since interpolation & extrapolation regards to reliability of estimates, rather than accuracy.

OK, and what about the box plot question?
Original post by Arsey
Decent paper, every question had been asked before, nothing sneaky or too hard at all.

1. Correlation and regression - pretty easy but took a long time. Part e) will be poorly answered.

2. Box plots - very easy

3. Probability - pretty easy

4. Mean, sd, median, coding - all pretty simple

5. drv - I thought this was easy but I can see it causing problems

6. Normal distribution - standard.

Quite a bit easier than Jan, but S1 boundaries are generally low as a higher prortion of weaker candidates take S1. The highest summer boundary in the last 10 years was 61.

I am going for 62 for an A.

This summer I will upload solutions to the following Edexcel papers:

Core 1;
Core 2;
Core 3;
Core 4;
FP1;
M1;
M2;
S1;
D1;
D2.

I will try to get hold of some solutions for FP2; FP3 and M3.

I don't do S2 :frown:

All papers will be uploaded in line with site rules (please don't PM me asking when I will I be uploading them).

hello, thanks for the upload, but for question 6b, it said percentage of tins, so you times by 100 to get a % value, not a probability.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucy_95
I put this! It's a true statement so they should give us the mark, I didn't even consider calculating skewness, oops!

But there wasn't any extreme values, it was just heavily skewed
Reply 309
Would you lose a mark for the 2nd last question if you left it as a decimal even though it asked for a percentage?
Original post by Graham981
Assuming you marked the outliers in the correct place, then yes, 4/4.

ok thankyu.
and 1 more question. If i get a low A in C1 and low A in C2 and med B in S1.
What would i get in AS overall?
i thought 14 was the lowest value its on 24
Reply 312
Original post by Heypopsicle
I did this too! Haha, i thought i was the only one. Surely it is still right?

Yeah we are definitely in the minority haha!

Well what we've put does show exactly what the Venn Diagram is meant to show and it seems more concise than the other one.
Reply 313
international paper~
Reply 314
Anyone think doing subsets would have been ok?
VENN DIAGRAM SPEAKING OF THAT. I SKIPED THAT. :frown:

I DREW A BOX AND 4 CIRCLES :biggrin:
Nothing Inside :tongue:

Lol, Stupid me. I didnt even have a clue. My brain started working backwards after seeing that :O
Reply 316
Original post by Freddy-Francis
ok thankyu.
and 1 more question. If i get a low A in C1 and low A in C2 and med B in S1.
What would i get in AS overall?

Likely an A, but depends on how high the A's were in C1 & C2 eg :

If you got : 84 in C1 (A)
84 in C2 (A)
71 in S1 (B)

it will be 239/300 which is a B

but say you get eg : 86 in C1 (A)
87 in C2 (A)
71 in S1 (B)

= 244/300
= A
Reply 317
I the Venn diagram did you have to give probabilities Indie it? I put just the number of people in each category, is this okay?
Reply 318
Original post by Kutal
Would you lose a mark for the 2nd last question if you left it as a decimal even though it asked for a percentage?

Maybe you would lose the accuracy mark, but I think writing Probability = x, rather than x100%, is still the same.
Original post by OllieGCSEs
For the last question, I remember getting an answer of 4.85 for the s.d because i foolishly converted 98% into it's value from the table and saying that it was equal to P(W<210) - P(W<200), do you (anyone who reads this) believe i could get a couple of method marks from this?

That's what I did :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending