The Student Room Group

If this happened to you...What would you have done?

Yesterday at uni I was sitting with a few of my guy friends, one of them I have a soft spot for. The conversation turned to relationships and I mentioned that I was single again to which one of the guys responded by referring to the guy I have a soft spot for and said, 'Well, H is single..' .

I just smiled and didn't know what to say. I'm now not sure whether H things I just like him as friend because I didn't elaborate on it or anything and was just being polite. Thing is I'm pretty unassertive and it would have felt so wrong to be to have been like 'Oh great, H, fancy going out some time?'. Especially seeing as he didn't give me that information himself and it was only bought to my attention by his friend....

What would you have done in my situation? Guys, would you have taken my reaction as a slight?

Thanks all :smile:.
Reply 1
to be honest , i would like to know that do you really like this guy , as in would you like to go out with him. If yes then you can just talk to him about it. Give it a shot. As for the reaction, i wouldnt have taken it as a slight. Just share your thoughts with the guy himself , I am sure it will work out as you like
Reply 2
Original post by palashnick
to be honest , i would like to know that do you really like this guy , as in would you like to go out with him. If yes then you can just talk to him about it. Give it a shot. As for the reaction, i wouldnt have taken it as a slight. Just share your thoughts with the guy himself , I am sure it will work out as you like

I do really like him, and I would like to go out with him...At least I know he's single now :tongue:. Thanks for your help.
Reply 3
I would have known right away that you are into me and I think right after you left his friend teased him about it, now he has an idea so you better make a move, it woudn't be much of a suprise for him.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I do really like him, and I would like to go out with him...At least I know he's single now :tongue:. Thanks for your help.

I will tell you my personal opinion about this, i believe that guys like upfront girls , who make the first move. If you really like him, go for it. Make the first move. From the situation i think that he also enjoys your company, i think it will work out just fine
Reply 5
Original post by babedi
I would have known right away that you are into me and I think right after you left his friend teased him about it, now he has an idea so you better make a move, it woudn't be much of a suprise for him.

How would you have known right away that I was into you? I didn't give anything away apart from smiling, but I'm naturally very smiley anyway.
Reply 6
I will tell you my personal opinion about this, i believe that guys like upfront girls , who make the first move. If you really like him, go for it. Make the first move. From the situation i think that he also enjoys your company, i think it will work out just fine

We get on very well and he has a lot of time for me :smile:. He's not all that assertive and neither am I. I might ask him out for a drink next week when I bump into him at uni :smile:.
I'd say that's a perfectly normal reaction. I'd probably have made a joke about it to hide my awkwardness. Think your reaction was better!
Reply 8
Original post by ange de la nuit
I'd say that's a perfectly normal reaction. I'd probably have made a joke about it to hide my awkwardness. Think your reaction was better!

Thank you :smile:. I felt like making a joke but really didn't know what to say! I just stood and smiled. Maybe the fact that his friend mentioned that means he has been discussing me with the friend? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
How would you have known right away that I was into you? I didn't give anything away apart from smiling, but I'm naturally very smiley anyway.

oh so it was not a blushful smile, well whichever impression I would have drawn from that I was gonna wait until you give me something even more convincing that I must have been right then if interested play along.
Reply 10
Original post by babedi
oh so it was not a blushful smile, well whichever impression I would have drawn from that I was gonna wait until you give me something even more convincing that I must have been right then if interested play along.

No, it was just a regular smile :smile:. I don't even know how to make it more convincing that I like him, I always talk to him and am friendly but we don't really flirt with each other that much :frown:.
Reply 11

No. Guys that are too scared to make the first move love girls that make the first move.
Reply 12
Original post by Yawn11
No. Guys that are too scared to make the first move love girls that make the first move.

What about guys that aren't scared to make the first move?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending