The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by rival_
That would be the acronym ;-) but yeah there's a popular one like King Phylum Ordered something something... I can't remember it lol

And are you resitting?

Nope, I've done F212 and never ever ever ever have to see it again (thankfully!).

I know a very rude one, which I've never forgotten (thanks to my teacher) but I'm pretty sure I would be breaking a few rules posting it here.

Original post by Student296
Which revision guide do you think is better the OCR revise one or the CGP, I have a week to learn practically everything, any tips?

CGP guide is good, although combine it with the textbook for a full flavour experience.
Hey do we need to learn the different cytokines and their roles ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you answer this paper like a mark scheme if you know what i mean? doing past papers now and be it so easy for me to just learn all the answers, so for 6-8marks questions i can just put all points into like 3-4 sentences. or are these mark schemes just guide lines , so like you still need to write two paragraphs for the 8mark questions but these are just the points that need to be covered.
Original post by flygerianmc
can you answer this paper like a mark scheme if you know what i mean? doing past papers now and be it so easy for me to just learn all the answers, so for 6-8marks questions i can just put all points into like 3-4 sentences. or are these mark schemes just guide lines , so like you still need to write two paragraphs for the 8mark questions but these are just the points that need to be covered.

It's perfectly ok to answer in bullet points, if that's what you mean. However people tend to write in paragraphs because there's less chance of missing something. If you write in short bullet points, in a way it's risky because you're hoping that your small sentence contains what the mark scheme will look for. Whereas if you waffle a bit, you might write a lot of wrong stuff, but mention the right thing somewhere.
Original post by GCSE-help
It's perfectly ok to answer in bullet points, if that's what you mean. However people tend to write in paragraphs because there's less chance of missing something. If you write in short bullet points, in a way it's risky because you're hoping that your small sentence contains what the mark scheme will look for. Whereas if you waffle a bit, you might write a lot of wrong stuff, but mention the right thing somewhere.

Hi want to revise :smile:

Define: Humoral response (2)
Reply 206
Do we have to know about thinks like feedback etc?
na i didnt mean write in bullet points i just thought to get an A you would have to write alot to show your understanding and i thought the markscheme was just things that you had to cover. i didnt expect for like the seperate points in the mark scheme to be pretty much what you're actually supposed to right. Cuz all the past papers ive done so far the questions dont require that much detail and the structure of answering seems the same. + cheers and yeah i will probably end up waffling a little bit anyway
Reply 208
Could someone explain to me B lymphocytes please- ive tried to learn the immune system and i get phagocytes and the majority of T lymphocytes but B goes right over my head
Original post by simonb451
Could someone explain to me B lymphocytes please- ive tried to learn the immune system and i get phagocytes and the majority of T lymphocytes but B goes right over my head

Sure :smile:

so you know that the B lymphocytes are only involved in the humoral response and the T lymphocytes are involved in the cellular mediated response
Reply 210
Original post by otrivine
Sure :smile:

so you know that the B lymphocytes are only involved in the humoral response and the T lymphocytes are involved in the cellular mediated response

No, ive never heard of humoral

They are additional terms that are not required for the F212 specification.

You need to know the cascade which make up the immune response: antigen presenting phagocytes all the way down to plasma cells at the end.

Really ? its in the syllabus , make sure you know it
Reply 213
Ok thank you- i know phagocytes pretty well but all i know about B lymphocytes are that they have antibodies attached, would you get marks by talking about the structure of an antibody on a B lymphocyte question?
I just did the January 2011 paper and it was so mean, 64% for an A though and I somehow managed to get marks by waffling a lot..
I'm so scared- I know my stuff but the papers are so weird, and the mark schemes are so specific :'(
please OCR make the exam straight forward! rather that and higher grade boundaries than some horrible paper.
and who else bloody hates "suggest" questions? try to make them sensible suggestions but they're never right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215
I Have completed all of the F212 papers. Has anyone compiled questions from the legacy papers that are relevant. It is a lot of work going through the papers with only a few of the questions being relevant to this specification.
Thanks.
Reply 216
Original post by rdkjdpe
I Have completed all of the F212 papers. Has anyone compiled questions from the legacy papers that are relevant. It is a lot of work going through the papers with only a few of the questions being relevant to this specification.
Thanks.

BUMP BUMP. pls quote me if this comes about.. thanks.
Reply 217
What are the differences between Herd and Ring vaccination?
Herd is within a population and Ring is within an area. But clearly, "population" should mean population within an area... which sounds the same as ring. Confused!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wndms
What are the differences between Herd and Ring vaccination?
Herd is within a population and Ring is within an area. But clearly, "population" should mean population within an area... which sounds the same as ring. Confused!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Herd vaccination is the majority of the community being vaccinated do the disease is rare in the area hence those who aren't vaccinated have herd immunity as they are unlikely to catch the disease as it is rare!

Ring vaccination is when people are vaccinated in the immediate vicinity of new cases (family members, flatmates, friends, classmates/teachers) anyone one the infected person has encountered basically !

Is that an okay explanation? I'm a really bad explainer haha ! feel free to ask me if u need anymore questions answering xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thank you- i know phagocytes pretty well but all i know about B lymphocytes are that they have antibodies attached, would you get marks by talking about the structure of an antibody on a B lymphocyte question?

You could also talk about bow after b-lymphocytes cells differentiate into b plasma cells they do protein synthesis to produce the antibodies ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending