The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4720
Original post by qasidb
Just read that Valdes has confirmed he'll leave Barcelona next year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22731526

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Barcelona come chasing for de Gea next year in that case. I just hope that de Gea stays while keeping in mind the club strongly stayed by him all those times he faced difficulty here. But big money from Barcelona with the fact that it's back in his home country could prove too strong for him to turn it down. If he is sold he could break the Buffon transfer record.

Nooooo, DDG cannot leave!

Who will be Kagawa's wingman?

Original post by qasidb
Just read that Valdes has confirmed he'll leave Barcelona next year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22731526

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Barcelona come chasing for de Gea next year in that case. I just hope that de Gea stays while keeping in mind the club strongly stayed by him all those times he faced difficulty here. But big money from Barcelona with the fact that it's back in his home country could prove too strong for him to turn it down. If he is sold he could break the Buffon transfer record.

He's stated multiple times he is happy here and intends to stay for many years, we have invested much into him and aren't a small club as to be enticed by large bids for a goallkeeper we intend to last us for 20 years.

There is no chance Barcelona would even get a whiff of him, and they know that too. I bet they'l just opt for Reina instead.
Original post by qasidb

Can't see Barca spending what we'd want for De Gea, and everything has pointed towards him being very happy here.
Original post by Aky786UK
Is that £15m bid from Galatasaray well sourced

As well sourced as most other rumours, i.e. not very well.

The interest and/or meeting United to discuss seems a bit better sourced though.
Original post by Aky786UK
But no, I'd expect a little bit more for Nani tbh. £15m would suffice based on his form last season where he was in and out but considering he had an outstanding season few years ago, would want more tbh.

Last year of contract isn't it?

I'd be disappointed if I was a Utd fan. Selling one of your only match winners but keeping 1 foot :biggrin:

Still though you've got Zaha. Zaha/Young/1 foot. Do you have any other wingers?
Reply 4725
Welbeck's basically a winger now, and Kagawa can do a job wide too.

If Nani leaves I hope it isn't to another English side. Probably not realistic but the Arsenal rumours worry me, if a side like them showed faith in him and started him every week we'd end up wondering why we ever let him go. Be horrible to watch him rip the league apart and I still think he's capable of doing that. Hopefully Moyes tells him he's very much in his plans and he signs a new deal, but if not let's make sure he gets out of the country. Only exception to that would be as part of a Bale deal but I fear that's just a pipe dream :sad:
Original post by Louis.
Welbeck's basically a winger now

Hope this doesn't turn out like Sturridge at Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4727
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Hope this doesn't turn out like Sturridge at Chelsea

What do you mean? As in he'll get frozen out and won't get enough gametime? I think he'll be alright, I suppose Moyes could not take a liking to him but no way of predicting that, all evidence so far suggests Welbeck will contribute a lot over a season.

I think out wide his best position atm, he's not as clinical as Sturridge. Actually I suppose his best position is a kind of defensive forward role he played against Madrid but it's very rare that we'll be playing with that kind of player. Best features are his movement, work rate and movement, he can't play as a Valencia style winger but give him license to come inside, and link with Kagawa if he's playing off RVP, and he looks very good. He's a player who seems to get people around him playing well so you want him in the side...if he's leading the line his finishing becomes a bit of a liability but in a loosely defined wide role he can be a massive asset to the side.
Reply 4728
Original post by Louis.
I think out wide his best position atm

Hes played up front twice, when he plays up front for england he does a good job, he hasn't has the real chance up front for us. but he still doesn't excuse the lack of goals..look at buttner
Reply 4729
Original post by cost
Hes played up front twice, when he plays up front for england he does a good job, he hasn't has the real chance up front for us. but he still doesn't excuse the lack of goals..look at buttner

Most of his games in the 11-12 season were up front, he was essentially 1st choice striker (particularly in the 2nd half of the season), and while he did a good job his lack of goals put a massive burden on Rooney playing just behind him.

Out wide he brings similar things to us...but without the burden of our player leading the line not scoring enough goals.
Reply 4730
According to Tancredi Palmeri ‏(@tancredipalmeri on Twitter), Real Madrid are moving for Thiago also, and are way further along than us.
Reply 4731
Original post by rohitbd
Probably not City but Chelsea yes, Ronaldo loved United but if he thought Chelsea were the better team, had the better chance of winning the UCL and Ballon D'or and got paid the most there, I guarantee you Ronaldo would join Chelsea, as much as it hurts to say it its a fact, RVP joined United because his patience with Arsenal's motivation ran out, and its unfair in a sense to Arsenal because you stood by him all through his injuries but he was 29 and wanted to achieve more than just CL football in his career, Hargreaves done the same to us, he ****ed off to City with no respect to United after we held by his injuries. Players such as Ronaldo, Fabregas, Henry were not loyal but are still Legends because they plaid there heart out for the team and delivered success and spoke fondly of the team always. RVP has done the same with Arsenal, do you seriously think that without getting 4th place last season players such as Carzola would've come to Arsenal, RVP should be respected for that and the fact that after leaving he hasn't behaved like Nasri/Adebayor and has acted with class and has always spoken fondly of Arsenal. Plus Wilshere could also leave Arsenal for United/City/Chelsea one day, as Arsenal have become a selling club (harsh but true) because Arsenal are not winning trophies and have no sugar daddy, look at BVB they've had recent success and still players wish to leave and the fact that Gotze/ and soon Lewa will go to Munich prove that in football the vast majority are only loyal if you are delivery continued success or money to the player, if United doesn't win a trophy in 7 years or if Chelsea/City lose their sugar daddies players will leave from them as well.

I totally agree with you but why are you saying sugar daddies like that for LOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xDave-
According to Tancredi Palmeri ‏(@tancredipalmeri on Twitter), Real Madrid are moving for Thiago also, and are way further along than us.

haha not a chance will Thiago go to Madrid, he's been with Barca since he was 15, he's not guarantee first team football - might as well just stay in Barca.

If he's looking to play more first team games, the logical choice would be to come to us :biggrin: hahah realistically he would play more for us than all the other clubs he's been linked with.
Original post by IanLim93
haha not a chance will Thiago go to Madrid, he's been with Barca since he was 15, he's not guarantee first team football - might as well just stay in Barca.

If he's looking to play more first team games, the logical choice would be to come to us :biggrin: hahah realistically he would play more for us than all the other clubs he's been linked with.

Figo, Gotze, RVP. The same was said.
Heard thiago has said no to mardird
get rid of him, moaning, unfit and cant take being second fiddle to RVP
Also, didnt bale reject us when he was 19???
Balague is like a lot of journalists, he does have connections and friends so he will hear something true from time to time, but most of the time he's just guessing based on whats already in the media or just talking rubbish.
Just read that we have agreed a fee
For
Strootman
Original post by Tommyjw
Awkward moment when you're too stupid to realise the payment was said to be so we can keep tabs on the situation and such.

Ballagues statement was we offered a downpayment "which guaranteed them a first option and keep them up to date with any offer that was arriving for the Colombian"

The initial discussion was about a downpayment to actually buy him because that was the rumour of Ballagues statement at the time which he later clarified.

bAlaagur always talks rubbish

Latest