The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

King Prawn Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausages?
Reply 2721
Original post by daniel1005
I honestly could not guess and don't want to guess. I tried to guess for BIOL1 and learnt the topics I guessed in depth and it wasn't those. I think it could be something to do with meiosis (how does meiosis cause variation), or something to do with haemoglobin and oxygen dissociation curve or even a question about plant transport. It really could be anything you just have to prepared for anything.

okay lol! Thanks anyway=]
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
How ironic! :biggrin:

That's what I was thinking :smile:
How does plants rolling up the leaves and a reduced leaf surface area reduce transpiration?
Also, does light have the same effect as temperature on transpiration (increasing kinetic energy and water evaporating)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aidn
Can someone explain to me tension/negative pressure in the context of Jan 12 Q.8(b)(iii) -_-

Water evaporates from the leaves of the upper branches, so the water movement starts there (as opposed to starting in the trunk). This creates tension which pulls water up the tree.
Original post by anonymousecheese
my one is: King Posiedon Could Only Find Grey Seaweed:smile:

haha, we got told King Prawn Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausage :tongue:
Original post by annaelizabet
Anyone want to go over last minute revision? :smile: I am here! and happy to help

Yeah can we do it via text message cause this is so annoying refreshing and stuff on my phone !
Original post by LiamDaly
[6] how does meiosis cause genetic variation. What do you day for 6 MRKS!!

Please?

Posted from TSR Mobilehh

Independent segregation

New combinations of maternal and paternal c'somes

Crossing over

Transfer sections of chromatid

DNA from one chromatid to another between homologous pairs when they align on the equator (bivalents)

Mutation - the changing of the structure of the polypeptide chain coding for a gene causing variation.

Original post by marseille_h
Hello, for the questions on magnification i always get 1 mark for putting = size of image/actual size of specimen

But not the right result on the mark scheme. For the January 2010 exam can someone tell me how they did question 1(b)(ii). Maybe its the units or something else i dont understand. And more recently the question 1(d) in the January 2013 paper.

Thanks in advance :smile:

I'd be happy to help! where did you find the jan 2013 paper?
Original post by marseille_h
Hello, for the questions on magnification i always get 1 mark for putting = size of image/actual size of specimen

But not the right result on the mark scheme. For the January 2010 exam can someone tell me how they did question 1(b)(ii). Maybe its the units or something else i dont understand. And more recently the question 1(d) in the January 2013 paper.

Thanks in advance :smile:

same here i got 32000um/20um=1600X
which is wrong:angry:
Original post by Thebest786
How does plants rolling up the leaves and a reduced leaf surface area reduce transpiration?
Also, does light have the same effect as temperature on transpiration (increasing kinetic energy and water evaporating)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rolling up leaves traps a layer of stiil air, reducing the water potential gradient between the stomata and surrounding air, reducing transpiration.

Light only causes stomata to open, nothing else. stomata must be open for transpiration
Reply 2731
Original post by jess28039
haha, we got told King Prawn Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausage :tongue:

Hehe Keep pots clean or family gets sick
Reply 2732
Anybody got any how science works notes?
Original post by Thebest786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rolled up leaves trap water vapour from the plant, reducing the concentration gradient, so less water evaporates from the plant.
Smaller surface area means fewer stomata for the water to evaporate from.
Light makes the stomata open, so transpiration increases. Nothing to do with kinetic energy.
Original post by hali123
Anybody got any how science works notes?

Yeah... it doesn't.
Original post by anonymousecheese
my one is: King Posiedon Could Only Find Grey Seaweed:smile:

my teacher told us : Keeping Pants Clean Often Favors Good Sex
its annoying how this information is only ever worth 1 mark:rolleyes:
Reply 2737
Original post by lorobolorolo
Looool is it time to be flirting right now? :tongue:

Lool may as well to liven up this depressing revision mood
Reply 2738
Can somebody help me with June 2009 Q2 part (b) - I thought this would code for 8 amino acids :s-smilie: but the MS says 4
Original post by Suzanna5678
Yeah can we do it via text message cause this is so annoying refreshing and stuff on my phone !

I do not have a mobile at the moment :frown: I dropped it haha! i am sorry. do you wanna private message me instead on here?

Latest

Trending

Trending