The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone clear this up for me please, I'm confused!

So the kingdom Prokaryotae was divided into two groups: Bacteria and Archaebacteria. But the textbook says that the three domains are Bacteria, Archaea and Eukaryotae??

I don't understand.. someone explain??
Reply 1161
Original post by senS
Whats biological catalyst again? It was a 2 marker, I need ms answer

A protein with a specific tertiary structure that speeds up a metabolic reaction in an organism ?
Reply 1162
Also in classification was it traditionally archaea eukaryotes and bacteria then modified to 5 - prokaryotes protoctists plants fungi and animals? This stuff confuses me loads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1163
Original post by tssf_skye
Can anyone clear this up for me please, I'm confused!

So the kingdom Prokaryotae was divided into two groups: Bacteria and Archaebacteria. But the textbook says that the three domains are Bacteria, Archaea and Eukaryotae??

I don't understand.. someone explain??

Yeh the prokaryotoes were divided into two groups but all the other four kingdoms were put into the Eukaryotaes as they all have a nucleas ? :smile:
Reply 1164
Original post by samiwami
Yepp that's correct:smile:

Antibodies have a hinge region that is flexible so it can bind to many antigens
A constant region that allows it to attach to phagocytes
A variable region that binds to complementary shaped antigens (to undergo neutralisation)
I think I'm missing a point...

What are coenzymes, and their function?

What you said is right... might be worth mentioning the heavy and light polypeptide chains and the disulphide bridges that hold the structure together...

A coenzyme is an organic non protein molecule that binds to the active site of an enzyme at just about the same time as the substrate molecule...
In many cases a coenzyme is essential for the reaction to take place...
Thats all i've got:confused:

What are the disadvantages of Ex Situ conservation?
Reply 1165
Original post by Elle_95
Also in classification was it traditionally archaea eukaryotes and bacteria then modified to 5 - prokaryotes protoctists plants fungi and animals? This stuff confuses me loads

Posted from TSR Mobile

The other way around. First the 5 kindgdoms then the 3 domain system came :smile:
Reply 1166
Used in metabolic reactions (1) not used up in the process/ lowers activation energy by providing alternative route(1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1167
Reply 1168
ahh :frown:
Reply 1169
Original post by Elle_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Domains came after the formation of the 5 kingdoms: These were Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes but prokaryotes were later differentiated and became Archeabacteria and Eubacteria due to the 16s ribosomal RNA structure...
Original post by ssflcb
Yeh the prokaryotoes were divided into two groups but all the other four kingdoms were put into the Eukaryotaes as they all have a nucleas ? :smile:

Yeah but, I don't get how a the kingdom was divided into those two groups but two of those groups are domains...?
Reply 1171
Do you lot know the figures from global impact on HIV and malaria and stuff? Or do we not really need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1172
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TOPICS ARE DEFINITELY COMING TOMORROW ?

Thanks
Original post by rgeorg3
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TOPICS ARE DEFINITELY COMING TOMORROW ?

Thanks

Yeah gimme one sec to look in my crystal ball
Figures don't need to be memorised they will usually give you a graph in the question to state figures from.

Original post by Elle_95
Do you lot know the figures from global impact on HIV and malaria and stuff? Or do we not really need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Domain and kingdom
Domain: 3 groups, archaebacteria, bacteria and eukaryotes
Kingdom, 5 groups, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
Domain: Based on RNA and DNA, reflects on the origins of prokaryotes and eukaryotes, reflects on the similarity between eukaryotic kingdoms, eukaryotes split into different kingdoms
guys i keep getting 50/100 in my papers i cant get it past 60 and im really stressing!
any advice?

ALSO if anyone please could help, what are the differences between starch, glucose, amylopectin, amylose etc, like the ocr textbook says one thing and the cgp says another! :angry:
Reply 1178
I reckon DNA, immune system stuff, evolution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1179
what did everyones teachers say is coming up?

Latest

Trending

Trending