maybe,

these haven't really appeared, so a few may:

- aspects of meiosis
- exchange in insects
- exchange in fish
- absorption in roots
- xerophytes
- conjugation

Omg what do we need to know about xerophytes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3221
Someone tell me about xerophytes? I completely forgot this was on ths spec! Oh gosh:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Water DOES NOT diffuse - only goes through osmosis!

No, it does diffuse in the gas phase. Go and look up your definition of osmosis (There's no membrane to pass through in the leaf air spaces)
can someone please desibribe the stages of meiosis and how they differ from mitosis ?
Original post by Tee Logan x
Thank you :smile: so basically in meiosis, homologous pairs line up alongside each other but in mitosis, there are no homologous pairs, all chromosomes just line up at the equator?

Yep thats correct!
Just remember that first their is interphase, for mitosis and meiosis.
And then for mitosis there is prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
For meiosis, there is meiosis 1 and meioses 2.
Then cell division occurs for both, 4 haploid cells produced in meiosis and 2 diploid cells produced in mitosis. :smile:
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Yep thats correct!
Then cell division occurs for both, 4 haploid cells produced in meiosis and 2 diploid cells produced in mitosis. :smile:

Mitosis just remember it with the acronym "Play me another track".
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Yep thats correct!

Thanks a lot! Good Luck :smile:
Original post by dooobie_
Someone tell me about xerophytes? I completely forgot this was on ths spec! Oh gosh:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, basically xerophytes and leaves that are adapted to reduce water loss this is how:
Thick cuticle: this is to reduce the water losses from the open stomata on the top layer of the lead
Curved leaves: this is helpful because it traps the air just outside of the leaf therefore as water evaporates and diffuses out down the water potential gradient it water vapor is trapped there for a build up of this vapor reduced water potential gradient. Therefore less water lossed
The same goes for stomata in pits/grooves
hairy leaves: this is to trap a thin layer of moisture just outside of the stomata. Again which reduced the water potential gradient hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dooobie_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Def-Plants adapted to living in dry conditions.

Thick cuticle-Larger waterproof barrier to prevent waterloss
Rolling up of leaves-Traps a region of still air that becomes saturated with water vapor so lowing the gradient.

Hairy leaves-Trap moist air

Stomata in pits - also trap moist air

Reduced Surface area to volume ratio- reduces rate of diffusion
Good luck guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madmadmax321
Good luck guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone sum of gaseous exchange in plants and how gases get to the mesophyll cells please
Someone please help ! How do we draw meiosis seriously panicking now
Reply 3233
Original post by DannyRedman
Hey, basically xerophytes and leaves that are adapted to reduce water loss this is how:
Thick cuticle: this is to reduce the water losses from the open stomata on the top layer of the lead
Curved leaves: this is helpful because it traps the air just outside of the leaf therefore as water evaporates and diffuses out down the water potential gradient it water vapor is trapped there for a build up of this vapor reduced water potential gradient. Therefore less water lossed
The same goes for stomata in pits/grooves
hairy leaves: this is to trap a thin layer of moisture just outside of the stomata. Again which reduced the water potential gradient hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Suzanna5678

1 cell with a homologous pair of chromosomes
divide into 2 cells with 1 chromosome each
which divides into 4 cells, in which are 1 chromatid from each of the chromosomes

at the end, you actually get 23 chromatids in the daughter cell (correct me if I'm wrong anyone!)
Reply 3235
hey, can someone please tell me why mono-zygotic twins are a better sample than
di-zygotic twins?
Original post by Suzanna5678

You don't need to be able to draw meiosis, you just need to be able to identify it's stages and explain them. Don't worry, you'll be fine!
Original post by KaranbirBandesha
Can someone sum of gaseous exchange in plants and how gases get to the mesophyll cells please

O2 needed for respiration/CO2 needed for photosynthesis enters through stomata
waste products exit through stomata

isn't that it? what else is there?
to help everyone relax, last year you could lose nearly 10 marks and get full ums

and you could lose 22 marks (roughly) and still get an A

so basically, just answer a few HSW questions and you'll be fine!!

good luck all!
Do we have to memorise the formula for index of diversity?

Latest

Trending

Trending