The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by purplemind
I think both B and C were phagotytes.
One was a monocyte and another one was a neutrophil. :smile:

Me too, I also put B and C. I took the fact that they said "cell(s)" as a hint.
Original post by Sam_1996
Does it matter that I drew a solid line for hydrogen bonds but labelled them?

you might get one mark, where did you draw them anyway?
I thought that was okay :smile: Lovely phagocytosis question :smile:

I put B and C for the phagocytes, is that right? I know it was defo C but I was debating about B :smile:
Oh ****. On the selective breeding question I didn't mention the terms 'longterm' and 'short term' :/ everything I said was correct and I included the stuff about ensuring no future disease susceptibility but I completely forgot to specify long told short term :/ will I automatically get 0?
Personally I loved this paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rival_
The question about why complementary based pairing is important was hard, asexual selective reproduction was just a myth lol

The importatance of complementary base pairing is so that the bases have to be correct in order for a double helix strand to form , and also so that a amino acid can be coded to form a protein molecule (polypeptide)
Reply 1386
Original post by ellemcjelly
you might get one mark, where did you draw them anyway?

On the diagram
Reply 1387
Original post by frogut
What did everyone put for the domain and kingdom of the water bear thing in that last question? I guessed protoctist and eukaryote?

I think I lost one or two marks on that, I realised last minute that the "water bear" was actually that microscopic organism on the insert...not an actual bear, silly me.
Original post by otrivine
The importatance of complementary base pairing is so that the bases have to be correct in order for a double helix strand to form , and also so that a amino acid can be coded to form a protein molecule (polypeptide)

how did you find it otrivine? :smile:
Original post by frogut
What did everyone put for the domain and kingdom of the water bear thing in that last question? I guessed protoctist and eukaryote?

They're animals :smile:
I thought it went alright :smile: Completely blanked on some things like the TB (I put something like Mycelium tuburculosis??) and 3 ways why low income was more susceptible.. Also I think the 7 mark potato question was a bit silly.. I talked about selective breeding, using the wild South African potato, antibiotics (??), fertilisers and stuff?

Who knows, I'm hoping just under 70 is an A because I think that's how many I've got ://
Reply 1391
Thanks to everyone who replied to me about the female anopheles this morning, little bit funny how the females always suck in most context/s lol
Original post by Dr. Django
Oh ****. On the selective breeding question I didn't mention the terms 'longterm' and 'short term' :/ everything I said was correct and I included the stuff about ensuring no future disease susceptibility but I completely forgot to specify long told short term :/ will I automatically get 0?

I didn't either but I don't think you had to actually specify. Although I think I may have put which ones were long term, just not the short terms ones :smile:
Original post by frogut

thats what i said but loads of my friends said it was animalia coz it was a bug :s
Original post by ellemcjelly
what was the answer to why people dont wanna cull squirrels?

I said that there are moral reasons, they have right to live.
Original post by Caroline680
I thought it went alright :smile: Completely blanked on some things like the TB (I put something like Mycelium tuburculosis??) and 3 ways why low income was more susceptible.. Also I think the 7 mark potato question was a bit silly.. I talked about selective breeding, using the wild South African potato, antibiotics (??), fertilisers and stuff?

Who knows, I'm hoping just under 70 is an A because I think that's how many I've got ://

I think its Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis. That's what I put (Don't think you'll need both)
Reply 1396
Original post by otrivine

That can be done without complementary based pairing, RNA still synthesise proteins from a non complimentary based paired strand?
Original post by MedMed12
how did you find it otrivine? :smile:

No I did not do the paper,already did it in Jan 2013 and got an A, just curious if it was harder than our paper in Jan :biggrin:

How was it for you :smile:

Looking at peoples comment , the paper was nice
Original post by Rick_095
I think I lost one or two marks on that, I realised last minute that the "water bear" was actually that microscopic organism on the insert...not an actual bear, silly me.

You still should have got it right as both a real bear and the bug are eukaryotic and animals :smile:
Original post by rival_
That can be done without complementary based pairing, RNA still synthesise proteins from a non complimentary based paired strand?

very interesting question, but what about the DNA double helix? it has to have pairs right to form the two antiparaellel strand

Latest

Trending

Trending