The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Richyp22
Getting iritated by the different interpretations for the 6 marker- Here are the correct marks.

-Active transport
- Lower water potential
-osmosis
- transpiration/evaperation
- Root pressure
- cohesion-tension theory

None of this symplastic/apoplastic rubbish

I wrote all of that as well as the pathways, which I did wrong anyway lol, will they just ignore the pathways stuff and will I still get the marks?
I put

Reduces number of plant species
Reduced number of habitats
Reduced number of niches
Reduce variety of food source
And because agriculture was in the question
Pesticides kill insect specie
Original post by The_Blade

What does your answer mean by '14' aha?
Original post by The Lawful T.J
Aha! GET SOME NUTS! -:smile:

lol anyways can't keep thinking about bio, i've got chem tomo :/ then it's overrrrrr WOOOOP WOOOOP
Reply 3704
Same! (With the :3 as well!)
High five!

would i get any marks if i say founder effect is when u colonise a new region and form new founders these individuals from a larger population move to na more isloated area so these individuals from the larger population will have fewer diffrernt alleles less genetic diversity so less able to adapt to the Environment but then i dfidnt talk about americans and amish people so would i get 1 or 2 marks or no marks please someone answer meeee
Original post by science-oliver
I put

Reduces number of plant species
Reduced number of habitats
Reduced number of niches
Reduce variety of food source
And because agriculture was in the question
Pesticides kill insect specie

Plus, so insects will migrate elsewhere in order to feed, breed and survive.
Reply 3706
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, you know for the sixth marker question, did you have to say the exact words ''cohesion-tension''??
I talked about the cohesion in water molecules, hydrogen bonds etc, will i say get the marks? :smile:
Original post by Tee Logan x
lol anyways can't keep thinking about bio, i've got chem tomo :/ then it's overrrrrr WOOOOP WOOOOP

I've got Chem tomorrow too! If you have any questions, feel free to ask :P
Original post by tilownii
would i get any marks if i say founder effect is when u colonise a new region and form new founders these individuals from a larger population move to na more isloated area so these individuals from the larger population will have fewer diffrernt alleles less genetic diversity so less able to adapt to the Environment but then i dfidnt talk about americans and amish people so would i get 1 or 2 marks or no marks please someone answer meeee

Yh should get 2 marks for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3710
Original post by science-oliver
So you reckon they would allow a range of values for the oxygen 4kPa as I put 17%?

Not sure, did look pretty clear cut to me.
Original post by harjshavin
Anyone put that H20 in tracheolies reduces SA for diffusion to take place??..

I put reduces length of diffusion pathway when absorbed by mucle during flight.
Everyone in my college was saying it was horrible but it was alright for me :biggrin:

AQA like to test peoples understatement and their ability to do interpretations, rather than just people's memory...

Good luck everyone.. Will see if I can remember some answers:

I think the snakes liked larger females as they can protect the eggs better and probably are older and mature enough to breed?

A maths question was 16 (diffeence in saturation), there were I think 250 000 Amiths or whatever they are called in USA lol.... The percentage question was somehting like 300 something....

Hierarchy is division of larger groups into smaller ones with no overlap. Phylogenic is the evolutionary relationship between organism based in the common ancestor i think?

The xylem question, I think you had to mention active transport, transpiration and cohesion... Didn't have space to write about root/osmotic pressure.
Original post by rharvey9510
What's considered a low grade boundary for this exam, what's the lowest grade boundary there's been so far out of 85, and what do you predict for re grade boundaries for this exam?

The lowest I've seen is 54/85 for an A
What did people put for the as well as being female, what two other factors should they keep the same (Or something similar).
I put Age & Species! (Aha)
I was gonna put family/medical history but was like.. they're snakes -_-
Reply 3715
water cannot get into the xylem if it doesn't pass through the roots, and can only pass into the xylem once it has passed through two various routes, therefore you have to talk about the apoplast and symplast pathway. it didn't ask for how it moves up the xylem, it asked how it gets to the xylem
What did people put for the as well as being female, what two other factors should they keep the same (Or something similar).
I put Age & Species! (Aha)
I was gonna put family/medical history but was like.. they're snakes -_-

I put age and Species too :biggrin: but did it not tell us that they were the same species??
Original post by Chrisd00100
Everyone in my college was saying it was horrible but it was alright for me :biggrin:

AQA like to test peoples understatement and their ability to do interpretations, rather than just people's memory...

Good luck everyone.. Will see if I can remember some answers:

I think the snakes liked larger females as they can protect the eggs better and probably are older and mature enough to breed?

A maths question was 16 (diffeence in saturation), there were I think 250 000 Amiths or whatever they are called in USA lol.... The percentage question was somehting like 300 something....

Hierarchy is division of larger groups into smaller ones with no overlap. Phylogenic is the evolutionary relationship between organism based in the common ancestor i think?

The xylem question, I think you had to mention active transport, transpiration and cohesion... Didn't have space to write about root/osmotic pressure.

I think you mean 'understanding' rather than understatement.
:colondollar:
Original post by Starlight94
I wrote all of that as well as the pathways, which I did wrong anyway lol, will they just ignore the pathways stuff and will I still get the marks?

It would be very harsh if they penalised you, as long as you write the required answers of cohesion tension and root pressure they won't care.
For the cytosine question i put that in semi conservative replication the drug binds to guanine on the replicated DNA cause it has a similar structure to the cytosine therefore producing a DNA that is not functional, so therefore slows down mitosis and reduces dna replication? i don't even know

Latest

Trending

Trending