The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So was the answer for insects ventilation per minute 6 or 6.7?
Did anyone else write at one point "size doesn't matter" and have a little chuckle??
Reply 4202
Original post by Seatbelt
From my memory:
I wrote down centromere for the first answer, and its function to combine two sister chromatids together (It was two marks so im puzzled)

I got a number of 6.6667 for some spiracle movement per minute question

I got a number around of 350% percentage increase

(I have a really bad memory)

Heres a question:
Would I get the mark for putting down, species of snakes and that all snakes are adults (so they are all sexually active) for question 9 when its talking about the control variables??

It should get you the marks, but in practice papers it said specifically put 'age of species'. I think they'll be lenient though!
Original post by Rebeelouise
According to unofficial mark scheme I got 69.. better than I thought...

where do you get the unofficial mark scheme?
Going by previous grade boundaries and people's responses, although it was a hard paper people seem to be getting decent marks in it (by the unofficial mark scheme), so I think grade boundaries will be about 61/62 for an A and then -7 for every grade below. Lowest I think it would be is 59 for an A but that's my personal opinion and isn't based on anything other than gut instinct and past papers.
Also, for the conclusion you had to make I put they were more attracted to the snakes rather than the filter paper of their respective sizes.

What was the question for 7d?
Reply 4206
What do you guys reckon 70/85 would be? Ums wise?
Would you say a female snake that was unable to produce fatty acids is a control?
Original post by nich01as
What do you guys reckon 70/85 would be? Ums wise?

Probably 145+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4209
Original post by Richyp22
For the control variable during snake courtship. Do you guys think ill get any marks for-

- Amount of lipid on the filter
- Size of cage

?

I wrote amount of lipid and size of paper ? Sounds decent , as variables ?
Original post by WaqasK
I wrote amount of lipid and size of paper ? Sounds decent , as variables ?

Yes I think their will be loads of variable. As theres so many things that could effect courtship. First one is definately right, not sure if they'd allow second
Reply 4211
Original post by cheetahs56
Probably 145+

Seems plausible seeing 140 UMS is max. Lol.
Reply 4212
Original post by Richyp22
Yes I think their will be loads of variable. As theres so many things that could effect courtship. First one is definately right, not sure if they'd allow second

What about size of male? They wouldnt want a small D.
According to the mock mark scheme I got 60 marks, but I really doubt that haha

Anyone know what 60/50 marks would be Grade wise :smile:
Reply 4214
Original post by cheetahs56

So full marks you reckon? thanks :smile:
Would you say a female snake that was unable to produce fatty acids is a control?
Original post by Blobar
What about size of male? They wouldnt want a small D.

I was going to put that but then it said males choosen at random so not sure tbh.

And for ppl wondering what full ums will be. For jan13 full ums was 70/85 that paper was way easier than the one today. Full ums will be 67/68 no higher.
I don't think we can really compare it to Jan 2013 as this is the resit unit for most and boundaries are usually a bit lower. However, it was evidently much harder than June 2012. My predictions are around 72 for full marks/low 60s for an A. :smile:
According to the unofficial I got 75/85

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 8d and 8e. How did u guys get 6.7? And 342%??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending