The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluelezah
Can someone post the link to the unofficial mark scheme for this exam cause i can't find it...

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you found it,please tell me! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4441
Original post by bad8oy
That will most likely get you 106. But it depends on what the A boundary is. If its 65 for an A then your cutting it a big fine. You should be cool though

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol thanks fr yr response but that wasn't me who posted this comment, its a friend of mine=P
Thanks th:biggrin:
Reply 4442
I think i got around 68 :biggrin: What do you think that'd be in UMS?
Original post by jack_g95
I think i got around 68 :biggrin: What do you think that'd be in UMS?

Probably around nearly full ums :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, in the question about the function of centromere, I said it holds the chromatids in a fixed position during the DNA replication. Would that be worth any marks at all?
Reply 4445
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Probably around nearly full ums :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? Thanks haha! Lost all the marks on the f'ing snakes. Does anyone seriously care about how snakes get aroused by oils?!
Reply 4446
Original post by Matt_dragon
Guys, in the question about the function of centromere, I said it holds the chromatids in a fixed position during the DNA replication. Would that be worth any marks at all?

There could be a vary in answers for this, so you may get 1 maybe 2 :smile:
For one of the last questions about why it would not give a true value of predicting over 75 (snake question) I put 'the relationship may not be linear above 75' do you think that may be an answer?
Original post by science-oliver
For one of the last questions about why it would not give a true value of predicting over 75 (snake question) I put 'the relationship may not be linear above 75' do you think that may be an answer?

Maybe , it was a weird question , I put because the trend starts to decrease and results overlap , so any prediction wouldn't be conclusive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4449
Do you know the question about the variables kept constant or something, would time spent in cage or the amount of lipid present on the females skin get any marks? :s-smilie:
I honestly can't predict what I'm gonna get, as no one really knows the answers... /: So it's gonna be a surprise! (Yay -__-)

- Tom
Reply 4451
Original post by Bobby2
Do you know the question about the variables kept constant or something, would time spent in cage or the amount of lipid present on the females skin get any marks? :s-smilie:

The controlled factor? I think the main answers are about amount of lipid on filter paper, water instead of lipid or male lipid on filter paper :/
Reply 4452
Original post by jack_g95
The controlled factor? I think the main answers are about amount of lipid on filter paper, water instead of lipid or male lipid on filter paper :/

Thanks for replying! But I was talking about the question about age and species of the snake or something? :s-smilie:
Reply 4453
Original post by Bobby2
Thanks for replying! But I was talking about the question about age and species of the snake or something? :s-smilie:

Ah yeah they're the main ones, but these types of questions have literally around 6 groups of answers which you can branch from, such as health of the snake, age, species etc.. But considering they're testing lengths and lipids, i don't think lipid could get the mark, as you're kind of stating a factor which they're using as a dependant variable :frown: But hey, I could be wrong! :biggrin:

Edit: The time spent in cage, however, could get a mark!
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't remember the last time I felt confident about any of the biology exams I've done so far.
Probably because there was never a shred of confidence in me about the bio exams xD
I hope AQA are lenient this year! I mean 41 for an A would be splendid
Reply 4455
Original post by Matt_dragon
I don't remember the last time I felt confident about any of the biology exams I've done so far.
Probably because there was never a shred of confidence in me about the bio exams xD
I hope AQA are lenient this year! I mean 41 for an A would be splendid

:ditto:
I'd second that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4456
how many marks would I get for the 6 marker, I talked about water potentials, apoplast symplast, cohesion tension ? And surely you get marks for the apoplast cause in the endodermis when travelling through the endodermis to the xylem water goes through the symplast pathway as the apoplast is blocked?
What do you think the lowest mark for a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4458
Original post by Akash16
how many marks would I get for the 6 marker, I talked about water potentials, apoplast symplast, cohesion tension ? And surely you get marks for the apoplast cause in the endodermis when travelling through the endodermis to the xylem water goes through the symplast pathway as the apoplast is blocked?

Osmosis water potential gradient probably 2 marks there, plus cohesion tension explained properly 3
For those taking the exam next year here are my partial notes:

Latest

Trending

Trending