The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5500
Rumours going around that Thiago's dad said on a radio show that his son is joining United.
Original post by xDave-
Rumours going around that Thiago's dad said on a radio show that his son is joining United.

Seems to be spreading like wildfire. Time to waste another three hours online.
It apparently came from the Mirror. Haven't really looked but I'll call BS simply because there is no mention of the station, pretty key detail.
First time I've read a red-top describe a player joining a club as a "babe" lol. He ain't bad looking though.

I'm about 60% of the feeling we'll get Thiago. I don't believe he's too convinced by Villanova's talks.
Bring Rafinha along - we can play him on the left.
Can't see any quotes from the radio interview. Must be the usual BS made up to make a story.
Reply 5506
First Lucas Moura, then Hazard, now....?

found this on YouTube and loving it :biggrin:
So things today are pointing towards Thiago coming (Andy Mitten, as, no nonsense football, some others)

Apparently the 'catalan press' are also saying about us and that Thiago is wrong to join us and our 'vertical football' (hoof) style of play. So it looks like they are increasingly becoming accustomed to the idea he is coming and are resorting to insulting the club instead.
Original post by Tommyjw
So things today are pointing towards Thiago coming (Andy Mitten, as, no nonsense football, some others)

Apparently the 'catalan press' are also saying about us and that Thiago is wrong to join us and our 'vertical football' (hoof) style of play. So it looks like they are increasingly becoming accustomed to the idea he is coming and are resorting to insulting the club instead.

Also reports are saying that Man utd have agreed to sign Strootman, Garay and Thiago.
All three will be announced together as soon as everything is signed and sealed.

But I still don'y understand why we are buying Garay (how crap can you be to not have one single video of you playing football!!!),
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
Also reports are saying that Man utd have agreed to sign Strootman, Garay and Thiago.
All three will be announced together as soon as everything is signed and sealed.

But I still don'y understand why we are buying Garay (how crap can you be to not have one single video of you playing football!!!),

if that's true that is ****ing awesome :biggrin:

Strootman gives us a great defensive midfielder and Thiago a creative one, Garay is a good player
I like Garay but i can't see the reasoning unless the club knows something we dont about a key person such as Vidic.

+ the rumours to him so far have largely and wholly been one newspaper reporting it over and over and wherever that random link of all three came from.
Original post by Tommyjw
I like Garay but i can't see the reasoning unless the club knows something we dont about a key person such as Vidic.

+ the rumours to him so far have largely and wholly been one newspaper reporting it over and over and wherever that random link of all three came from.

well, Ferdinand and Vidic aren't getting any younger so I suppose the thinking is that rather than take a risk with them getting injured or whatever that it's best to have another experienced player ready to fill in, Smalling and Jones are both still developing, Evans had injury problems last year as well so I can understand why Moyes would want us to have more competition/cover for CB.
Reply 5513
It would be good if these rumours were confirmed from actual news sources and not from some nobodys on Twitter. If you go on Twitter, some are saying the deal is done, others are saying that Barcelona can still convince him to stay. I wonder when we'll actually find out the truth. July 1st at the very least probably.
How Good is Wilfried Zaha? Statistical Analysis

Interesting post with some lesser-known stats

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SciFiRory
well, Ferdinand and Vidic aren't getting any younger so I suppose the thinking is that rather than take a risk with them getting injured or whatever that it's best to have another experienced player ready to fill in, Smalling and Jones are both still developing, Evans had injury problems last year as well so I can understand why Moyes would want us to have more competition/cover for CB.

I would rather have Evans over Garay, off the top of my head his injuries were never that serious so i wouldn't label them as big problems. If both Vidic and Ferdinand get injured at the same time, much prefer seeing Jones getting more game time at CB(where he wants to play) over Garay.

Would welcome Strootman and Thiago :tongue:
Is there a clause in place to prevent Moyes to sign his ex players? Fellani sitting infront of the defence in champions league game would be welcomed <3
Original post by IanLim93

Is there a clause in place to prevent Moyes to sign his ex players? Fellani sitting infront of the defence in champions league game would be welcomed <3

Really? I've always thought Fellaini can look very clumsy when defending, he can get dragged in far to easily and commits too many fouls. Personally I don't see Fellaini being of any use to us, he was a pretty average DM in my opinion and played his best football last season playing as pretty much a second-striker.

If we need a DM I think there are better options out there, Capoue (Tolouse) had another good season in France and for once the rumours about De Rossi leaving Roma seem to have a bit of weight to them.
This thiago thing has got annoying
Original post by ledleyking123
This thiago thing has got annoying

Reply 5519
Original post by mojojojo101
Really? I've always thought Fellaini can look very clumsy when defending, he can get dragged in far to easily and commits too many fouls. Personally I don't see Fellaini being of any use to us, he was a pretty average DM in my opinion and played his best football last season playing as pretty much a second-striker.

If we need a DM I think there are better options out there, Capoue (Tolouse) had another good season in France and for once the rumours about De Rossi leaving Roma seem to have a bit of weight to them.

if Rooney goes we will lose alot physicality

Latest