The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone posted the interview with Mick Clegg?
Original post by Wilfred Little
People honestly think United will spend 65m on Bale and buy a midfielder?

How much are the Glazers taking out of the club again?

£21m a year in interest payments, plus however much extra we decide to pay, taken away from the massive revenues, with knowledge of increased TV payments and new kit deal. The money is there to be spent, easily.
Daehli s gone on a permanent transfer.

Can only imagine its something to do with homesickness or simply wanting the gametime he is more likely to get there, even if it isnt t a great level.
Original post by Tommyjw
£21m a year in interest payments, plus however much extra we decide to pay, taken away from the massive revenues, with knowledge of increased TV payments and new kit deal. The money is there to be spent, easily.

I made a long post ages ago with all the different sources of income and there should be plenty of money but how much was that left back?

15m on Zaha, if they sign Thiago that's another 15m at least, Bale 65m+, the Glazers aren't spending close to 100m. They will be lucky to spend 50m, where did the Ronaldo money go?
People honestly think United will spend 65m on Bale and buy a midfielder?

How much are the Glazers taking out of the club again?

Gareth Bale isn't leaving Spurs this summer. Even if Levy was open to negotiation i'd be amazed if he would even want to deal with us again after Berbatov and Carrick. As long as we sign a midfielder i'm happy.
Original post by sr90
Gareth Bale isn't leaving Spurs this summer. Even if Levy was open to negotiation i'd be amazed if he would even want to deal with us again after Berbatov and Carrick. As long as we sign a midfielder i'm happy.

What did Man. United do wrong? I don't know why he's so pissed off about those. He got 17m for Carrick which was a good price and 30.75m for Berbatov which was basically robbing Man. United.

Levy needs to stop being a moody, penny pinching prick.
What did Man. United do wrong? I don't know why he's so pissed off about those. He got 17m for Carrick which was a good price and 30.75m for Berbatov which was basically robbing Man. United.

Penny pinching? He's going to want to get the most money he can.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Penny pinching? He's going to want to get the most money he can.

Agreed.

I just don't see why he'd avoid dealing with Man. United because they paid good money for two of their players. I swear he hates Chelsea anyway?
Seriously worried we won't sign a mid at this rate
Original post by ledleyking123

Early days mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?!

What possible reasoning could you have for that? The transfer window is 2 days old and the fan pressure to sign a midfielder is pretty evident. These things take time!

Lol you've got to be a troll:tongue: You make me laugh though i'll give you that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't remember SAF and Levy arguing in public all summer? There were a few occasions where Levy came out in the press attacking Manchester United and even made a formal complaint to the FA for tapping up (which was laughed out). City made a bid for him the day they came into money which matched ours, and Levy wanted to sell to them instead but Berbatov wouldn't speak to them.
Original post by sr90
You don't remember SAF and Levy arguing in public all summer? There were a few occasions where Levy came out in the press attacking Manchester United and even made a formal complaint to the FA for tapping up (which was laughed out). City made a bid for him the day they came into money which matched ours, and Levy wanted to sell to them instead but Berbatov wouldn't speak to them.

Oh yeah.

Man U paid them hush money though, I remember watching SSN as the deal was announced and Spurs withdrew their complaint so make of that what you will.
Original post by rohitbd
nice to see vida and fergie together at wimbledon

I thought the former would be in pre-season training? He was probably there to watch his fellow Serb, Djokovic than Murray. Looked sharp as always with his suit.

Fergie, ahhh, great to see him enjoying retirement. :wink:
I bet he's relieved he doesn't have to worry about the Rooney situation.

How does everyone assess SAF's take on his meeting with Rooney where the latter was alleged to have asked for a move away? Did SAF misconstrue Rooney's words? No-one knows besides them two but SAF seemed pretty firm he did ask for a transfer. I imagine Rooney's words were "Play me more etc or I'm off".
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372882808.775236.jpg

Spotted this on redcafe earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if you folks know but it is a landmark anniversary today, exactly ten years ago we purchased a promising midfielder with a double-barrell name, Eric Djemba-Djemba!
Original post by Aky786UK
I don't know if you folks know but it is a landmark anniversary today, exactly ten years ago we purchased a promising midfielder with a double-barrell name, Eric Djemba-Djemba!

So good they named him twice.
How does everyone assess SAF's take on his meeting with Rooney where the latter was alleged to have asked for a move away? Did SAF misconstrue Rooney's words? No-one knows besides them two but SAF seemed pretty firm he did ask for a transfer. I imagine Rooney's words were "Play me more etc or I'm off".

I'd agree with that, asking for a transfer and submitting a transfer request are two completely different things. I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion, particularly by the media who are desperate for a story now the seasons over.
Reply 5859

I saw this on the Facebook page, someone in the office clearly was in a jokey mood today..

Latest