The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Utd definitely will be up there with Bayern/Barca for the CL as well and player for player Utd are every bit as good as Chelsea/City anyway. Fabregas would be mad not to sign up to play with Welbeck, Valencia and Evans every week. :rolleyes:

Harsh on Evans. The guy has improved a lot over the last 2 seasons. He's been very good. I like Welbeck, but I understand why others don't. Seeing Valencia on the team sheet every week just pains me.

United still have a chance at the league, but it's unlikely. Chelsea will probably win it. I don't know what to think about City. They've signed a few new players and it might take them a while to get up to speed. New manager as well. 2nd or 3rd is likely for us.

No chance in the Champions League, though. People are being silly if they think we can win that.
Christ this thread is embarrassing, like one big dick waving competition. Might be worth waiting until the season starts before making any judgements on who is a title contender and who isn't.

This thread:

"United are ****"
"8 Years"
"Moyes is crap"
"8 Years"
"No Ferguson"
"8 Years"

And so on..
Speaking of CL contenders, isn't it quite remarkable that almost all of the big European teams have changed their manager this year? Even though Pep's Bayern are going to be routed as favourites, it does make the competition slightly less predictable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanW18
Harsh on Evans. The guy has improved a lot over the last 2 seasons. He's been very good. I like Welbeck, but I understand why others don't. Seeing Valencia on the team sheet every week just pains me.

United still have a chance at the league, but it's unlikely. Chelsea will probably win it. I don't know what to think about City. They've signed a few new players and it might take them a while to get up to speed. New manager as well. 2nd or 3rd is likely for us.

No chance in the Champions League, though. People are being silly if they think we can win that.

Spot on mate. Not saying Utd have no chance at the league but there are 2 clubs with a better chance.
Original post by Zürich
Spot on mate. Not saying Utd have no chance at the league but there are 2 clubs with a better chance.

Where does Arsenal who have the same chance as United fit into these probabilities? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
So according to your previous post.. Those two clubs are Arsenal and...?

What're you on about now? CFC/MCFC are ahead of Utd and, going back to my original point, Fabregas is not going to be impressed by that or by Moyes(even ignoring the other half a dozen factors standing in the way of a move).

But feel free to spend the next month discussing Fabregas moving to Utd...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
What're you on about now? CFC/MCFC are ahead of Utd and, going back to my original point, Fabregas is not going to be impressed by that or by Moyes(even ignoring the other half a dozen factors standing in the way of a move).

But feel free to spend the next month discussing Fabregas moving to Utd...

You have posted more than most people on here about Fabregas tbh, go cry about it elsewhere.
Original post by Tommyjw
You have posted more than most people on here about Fabregas tbh, go cry about it elsewhere.

Havent been on here in weeks mate, and the vast majority of posts on here are delusional Fabregas related posts tbh. No idea what I'm supposed to be crying about. A transfer that will never happen? :confused:
Okay guys lets just stop arguing its getting silly now.
Original post by Zürich
Havent been on here in weeks mate, and the vast majority of posts on here are delusional Fabregas related posts tbh. No idea what I'm supposed to be crying about. A transfer that will never happen? :confused:

I think you'll find the vast majority of posts the past few weeks have been about Thiago, not fabregas.
Reply 7051
Original post by NathanW18

Hahaha that's epic! Nice find.
Reply 7052
Love it how rival fans say that City are better than us, their new manager at Malaga had a lower win percentage than Moyes at Everton, they got rid of Tevez and Balotelli for Jovetic and Negredo who in my opinion are not as good as the other 2, Navas and Fernandino are great players but are not exactly world class, and whilst Thiago may have rejected us for Bayern, Isco definitely rejected them for Madrid.

Chelsea have definitely improved with Jose, but their signings haven't exactly been amazing yet, and I don't know if they have improved by 15 points, if they get a proven world class striker then that'll change everything.

We haven't improved this summer but a world class midfield signing like Cesc would definitely improve from last season and put us in contention for CL, even without a world class midfielder players like Nani, Valencia and Young cannot exactly have seasons like last, Kagawa will improve in his second season like he showed at the end of last season when he adapted to the PL, De Gea & Rafael will only get better, all this will make up for the loss of Fergie.
Newcastle fan here (season ticket holder for 2 years).

See yous are trying to sign Fabregas for over £30m. With what money, exactly? Aren't yous already under a mountain of debt? Tired of the powers that be overlooking the debts of clubs like manchester and real madrid.

Glad fergie is gone. Because of his bullying ways I don't think he will be remembered as fondly as his achievements deserve. In fact, I wonder if it is a coincidence that he usually came up short in Europe, the place where his bullying-the-officials tactics doesn't work... I also think his bully boy ways and the amount of cocky glory hunter armchair fans yous have have made me quite anti-MUFC down the years, hopefully under Moyes yous will become more likable.

Good luck to him, be interesting to see if yous will give him a chance if he fails like yous gave fergie. I think he will take time to settle in and that Chelsea will win the league this year.

Massive respect to the true MUFC fans, who are actually from manchester/have a Dad who supports them. Yous pack the stadium out each week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7054
How reliable is this guy on SSN that explicitly and clearly says that Cesc will be happy to move to United if Barca accept the offer, we put the bid in yesterday, our Chief left Australia on Wednesday probably because he heard about Cesc being willing to come to United and then getting back Thursday/Friday and putting the improved bid yesterday, obviously this is all optimistic guess work :colondollar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eubvGdAqGs
Reply 7055
Original post by rohitbd
Chelsea have definitely improved with Jose, but their signings haven't exactly been amazing yet, and I don't know if they have improved by 15 points, if they get a proven world class striker then that'll change everything.

Chelsea's returning loanees are like new signings, and there are a lot of them. Lukaku we've seen is class, Kevin de Bruyne performed so well in the Bundesliga last year that BVB wanted him to replace Goetze and Kalas looked very solid in a Vitesse defence who managed to get into europe this year. We should also remember that Essien is now back at Chelsea too, but whether he can reproduce any of his old excellent ability will remain to be seen. I'm not sure how he did a Real Madrid, but he played a lot I think, mainly as right-back.

Combine that with them getting Jose, as you said, and they've actually done really well for themselves without spending a penny. Van Ginkel was part of that Vitesse side Kalas was in, and there's lots of good things being said about him. Schurrle is probably the worst signing, he's supposed to be quite overrated. I haven't seen enough of him to comment, but it will give them another outlet if they want some pace down the wings.

So yeah, I think Chelsea have strengthened significantly, more than any other team. They're my favourites for the title, and that's even before getting a striker (which I assume they will do).
Original post by rohitbd
How reliable is this guy on SSN that explicitly and clearly says that Cesc will be happy to move to United if Barca accept the offer, we put the bid in yesterday, our Chief left Australia on Wednesday probably because he heard about Cesc being willing to come to United and then getting back Thursday/Friday and putting the improved bid yesterday, obviously this is all optimistic guess work :colondollar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eubvGdAqGs

:beard: Hmmm...very interesting. Hopefully someone can comment on who he is and why he speaks like he has issues.
Original post by ItTakes2meNu
Oh back to the 'Europea experience' is it? Okay so with Wengers experience I'm guessing his probably won at least one Champions League trophy? Or maybe not. The experience really speaks for itself, don't you think? Look at your own manager before judging another teams. Just go back to fighting for fourth place why don't you.

Current Arsenal team VS current Manchester United team = Winner: Manchester United

Improved Arsenal team (striker added) VS Improved Manchester United team (midfielder added) =
Winner: Manchester United

That's a good point about experience you made there. I know a lot of people talk about manager experience like it'll guarantee you success but I think player experience is more important. The manager can get to one final after another and get all the experience in the world but if you lose the experienced players in that team you aren't going to be winning anything.
Sky sports are very reliable the fact the bid went in yesterday and barca haven't rejected it means it's near enough done
Reply 7059
very encouraging news about Fab, ive always said if Barca accept a bid then he would choose UTD or Arsenal.

Latest