The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As well as anderson I really wouldn't mind offloading a winger tbh. With Zaha's arrival it's going to be really congested in terms of places, especially when you consider that Kagawa or Welbeck could play off the wing. Zaha also looks really promising and I think he's one of those players who would improve greatly if he had a consistent number of games. I'd prefer young to leave rather than Nani, since he's never really justified his fee every time I've seen him play. Way too predictable and one-dimensional + he dives a lot..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
Sauce?

ketchup please
Original post by Stopmessing
As well as anderson I really wouldn't mind offloading a winger tbh. With Zaha's arrival it's going to be really congested in terms of places, especially when you consider that Kagawa or Welbeck could play off the wing. Zaha also looks really promising and I think he's one of those players who would improve greatly if he had a consistent number of games. I'd prefer young to leave rather than Nani, since he's never really justified his fee every time I've seen him play. Way too predictable and one-dimensional + he dives a lot..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Young actually played okay today, he put in a few good balls and almost got us a penalty.

I don' t think we should sell any winger at the moment. Nani and Young have had injuries preventing progress. Give them another season to prove themselves. Valencia also has to pick up his game this season. I prefer Zaha to the lot of them though. Zaha is younger, more exciting, can cut in or run down the wing and is English.

But yes, Anderson needs to go.
Problem with selling Young is if we need to get rid of a winger its probably a right winger, and the fact how much are we realistically going to get for him? "How would our 28 year old winger on £100k+ p/w?" Not many suitors on those wages, and it not like we could cut the price by mum, we'd be lucky to flog him for £5m. I think he just had a bad season too, he was very good in his first and good at the Euros. One of Nani or Valencia would be most likely with the arrival or Zaha and the progress of Adnan who both seem to favour the right hand side. That's 4 player who like playing the same position.
Reply 7244
could offer nani or young plus cash for bale?
Seeing the videos in the Arsenal thread reminded me of Rio's tour diaries, he's got a few 2013 ones up, imagine there will be more coming.

Reply 7246
MANU will face the moment of truth in the first three rounds. It is not too hard for a big team
Reply 7247
I dont see any point to bet on moyes
Original post by benguy
MANU will face the moment of truth in the first three rounds. It is not too hard for a big team

First three rounds of what?

Original post by JM1987

Spurs would be stupid to accept such an offer, especially if it was Young we offered.
Reply 7249
Original post by JM1987

They dont really need a winger anymore even if they lose Bale (very unlikely) since they have just signed Chadli
If Bale goes to Real it will be so frustrating, any Spanish player playing at a Spanish club who plays well and Real are interested, it's like - I'm not leaving Spain and its my dream to play for them and the selling club is like, no problem sir.

A Welsh player, who is also a Man Utd fan, who was going to join us except he wanted playing time and Real are like, sure we'll have you too.

Real Madrids transfer policy....
Vibes from Bale suggested he might be happy to stay without categorically saying he'd stay. If RM makes an £85m bid and Bale says he wants to go - he'll be a goner. Spurs wouldn't to wait a year, Bale gets injured/has a drastic loss of form and the £85m valuation drops so better to accept now. We, despite an interest in Bale, wouldn't pay that amount of cash.

Going public for a major transfer is a gamble for us but it might be that they're trying to put pressure on Barcelona to get them to listen or feel they can let the player know - if they haven't already - that they want him but even if it goes belly up then like someone said before, it's not as if its a young player whose no-one has heard of. It just means the club were maybe wrong to target a player so ensconced at his club rather than the method of trying to get him.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Spurs would be stupid to accept such an offer, especially if it was Young we offered.

Depends how much cash...
Reply 7253
Original post by DaveSmith99
Expect a third place finish and getting out of the CL group (then it depends on who we meet) at absolute minimum. We should mount a half decent title challenge, don't expect us to win it.

Ok.

I have said for a long time (outside TSR) that Man Utd need a top class CM to take them to the next level. I know a lot of you guys feel the same way.

But how many new CMs do you want? And what type of CM(s) would you like at Man Utd?
Reply 7254
Cannot see how Cesc warrants such a bid price tag of 40mil at 26, Madrid seem to be keen on Vidal which could give us a shot at Modric and Marchisio has also expressed a desire to come to us, and Gustavo seems to be heading out of Bayern, if Cesc doesn't want to leave Barca I see no reason why we should bid so high for him and make a fool out of our club.
Original post by Aky786UK
Vibes from Bale suggested he might be happy to stay without categorically saying he'd stay. If RM makes an £85m bid and Bale says he wants to go - he'll be a goner. Spurs wouldn't to wait a year, Bale gets injured/has a drastic loss of form and the £85m valuation drops so better to accept now. We, despite an interest in Bale, wouldn't pay that amount of cash.

Levy would wait until deadline day to sell to get the highest possible fee - and leave Spurs with no time to get a replacement.
Reply 7256
Original post by NathanW18
Not my first choice, but if Sir Alex thinks he can do this job, then so be it. I thought we would look to appoint somebody with top level club experience. I don't expect much from United this season. There hasn't been this much change within the club for over 20 years. Probably 3rd in the league. 2nd at a push. Nowhere in the CL. Our squad isn't good enough to get far in that competition. Hopefully a nice cup run.

I agree. But you never know...with Fergie giving some assistance, Moyes might settle into the job well and do a good job.

Of course, I have my doubts (due to the presence of Mourinho and Man City's money) and will wait to see how things pan out.
Original post by rohitbd
Cannot see how Cesc warrants such a bid price tag of 40mil at 26, Madrid seem to be keen on Vidal which could give us a shot at Modric and Marchisio has also expressed a desire to come to us, and Gustavo seems to be heading out of Bayern, if Cesc doesn't want to leave Barca I see no reason why we should bid so high for him and make a fool out of our club.

Vidal ain't going madrid. Juve won't let him go and madrid have bought illaramendi for 34 million. Meaning for the two DM spots they have alonso, modric, khedira and illaramendi and have just bought isco for the winger/AM spot so really a bid for vidal makes no sense.

Marchisio said he liked man united iirc but never said that he'd want to leave juve for united. Plus I reckon he'd play there till the end of his career like del piero anyway. Gustavo is a good one though. With the decreased gametime(unless martinez plays CB and he sells 2/3 CBs) he'd defo want to be there for the worldcup, add the fact that sandro will be fit and competing for that position and lucas potentially he'd be looking over his shoulder and would want gametime. Gustavo would be a good player but a Box to box player like vidal/marchisio quality would be more important imo.
Original post by rohitbd

Why should we bid so high for Cesc? Because he's one of the best players in the world. Top 10 in my book.

If hypothetically Vidal went to Real Madrid, no way Juventus would let go of Marchisio too.
Isn't Gustavo currently negotiating with another German club?

Latest