The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7800
CR7 is going nowhere guys, we can wish all we want...
Reply 7801
The reason behind CR7 rumours are because of Madrid timing to go after Bale. When Madrid wanted CR7/Kaka they went after them early in the transfer window, because they knew before hand that they wanted them, Bale however has only become of a real interest this past week unusually late in the window for a signing of his price. It does seem very likely that Madrid know that CR7 is not signing a new contract and therefore want to sign Bale, however that does't mean they'll let him leave this or even next season, and CR7 already felt he achieved everything he wanted to here so he could be looking to play elsewhere.
LOL at the Schweinsteiger non-story. It's an easy story to write with Pep taking over and any player not deemed to be following his way/not playing is unhappy. He's an excellent player, no doubt, but ain't happening. We've got just as a chance of getting him as much as Bayern did in their bid to tempt Gerrard away.

But anyways, has anyone picked up or going to pick up Rio's new book? I might pick it up from the library if it comes available. Rooney's similiar decade book I refused as it's clearly ghost written but I hope Rio's will offer some more original insight. I haven't read any serialisations also which normally happens with these books.
Supposedly Zubi has said United have given up on Fabregas after Rosell told them no. :beard:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130804/fc-barcelona/zubizarreta-israel-cesc-manchester-united_54379144468.html#.Uf6CXG2yPV8.twitter

Fabregas after learning Barcelona will play him more...

As a center back :ahee:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7804
Original post by Malevolent
Supposedly Zubi has said United have given up on Fabregas after Rosell told them no. :beard:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201308...379144468.html

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barc...-messi-2554689

broken links
Original post by cost
broken links

Link should be fixed now
Presidents quote makesme laugh.

"Cesc wants to stay and we want the same. I've sent Man United's chairman a letter to explain he's not for sale"

Yes.. well done.. that was two weeks ago now, keep up. It clearly didnt mean anything then, it means less now.
^ someone still clutching at straws for Fabregas I see :rofl:
Original post by Tommyjw
Presidents quote makesme laugh.

"Cesc wants to stay and we want the same. I've sent Man United's chairman a letter to explain he's not for sale"

Yes.. well done.. that was two weeks ago now, keep up. It clearly didnt mean anything then, it means less now.

You realise that they're absolutely taking the piss out of you guys for trying to get fabregas?
Reply 7809
I don't understand why some of you non-united fans keep having a dig. There's no harm in trying to sign top players. You never know until you try, and as you all know, anything can happen in football.

I wonder who our next target will be :beard:
Original post by Akkuz
I don't understand why some of you non-united fans keep having a dig. There's no harm in trying to sign top players. You never know until you try, and as you all know, anything can happen in football.

I wasn't having a dig I was just posting a new update on the events. I'm as confused as to what the heck is going on haha :redface:
2 long weeks. .. don't see any new player coming in and starting the first game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
You realise that they're absolutely taking the piss out of you guys for trying to get fabregas?

Are they? Care to share this insider information? This insider information that is something this football club doesnt even know?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz

I'm not even having a dig. I'm just saying that it's really unlikely, every single one of us knows that. Heck half the united fans in the thread are taking the piss out of the fabregas episode... just look at the post above this and the 'next unattainable player' post a couple pages back.

He's unlikely to go, and if he were to go I explained the reasons a few pages back...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
This is worse than arsenal guys putting jovetic and higuain in their supposed starting 11's next season :rofl2:

Guess you didn't read it, i'll ask again.

Care to share this information you personally possess that Manchester United does not?

Or how about the information you possess that the likes of Delaney and Mitten do not.. the people saying we are still in for Cesc?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Interesting. Always a nice way of completely avoiding all the points and trying to get out of the situation, 'laughing' as if you have any idea what you are talking about :smile:.

Next time, don't make such failed points and back out of it as soon as someone questions you, otherwise you'll just embarrass yourself further :smile:

Anyway. Read my quote to akkuz.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Anyway. Read my quote to akkuz.

The quote where you said its unlikely? The same view that i dont think ive seen a single person disagree with?

Is that meant to be informative in any way?

And yet i'm a WUM for posting facts? The facts about people who know more than you claiming United are still interested etc?

Incredible logic.

This thread has more people like yourself laughing at United fans who think it will happen.. than actual United fans who think it will happen, it's hilarious
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw

Good job continuing to ignore the points against you by the way

To answer your question though, I don't know as much as they do in regards to the transfer, but what I said is that it's very unlikely and tbh the way barca are doing it sounds like they're genuinely taking the piss. Take it this way, if fabregas was for sale, there would have been a bidding war, considering that this is a public offer and many teams could do with fabregas that are available in his price range.
(edited 10 years ago)
:yawn:

Latest