The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was fine up until the 7 day countdown, now I just have negative thoughts plaguing my mind. All I can think of is the mistakes I made, mistakes I could've made and mistakes I don't even know about. It's such a horrible feeling knowing that in a weeks time we have a 50:50 chance of getting in or not getting in to uni :zomg:
Reply 801
Original post by Kadux
I'm gonnaaa faillllll

Saaaaaaaaaaaame!!!! :five:
Reply 802
This time next week we'll all either be celebrating, or crying in a corner! Either way alcohol will be involved :colone:
I think what makes me panic now has nothing to do with the amount of effort put in,it's about how little mistakes I think i made on the day could cost me big time.
Reply 804
Original post by Blob2491
I was fine up until the 7 day countdown, now I just have negative thoughts plaguing my mind. All I can think of is the mistakes I made, mistakes I could've made and mistakes I don't even know about. It's such a horrible feeling knowing that in a weeks time we have a 50:50 chance of getting in or not getting in to uni :zomg:

I assume you didn't study Maths / Probability. You chance of getting into University are far better than 50:50. What can I say ! Don't stress you'll probably get in. :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 805
Original post by Blob2491
I was fine up until the 7 day countdown, now I just have negative thoughts plaguing my mind.

You and me both!! (Good Morning TSR-ers) :biggrin:
Did anyone else do the stupid thing and put a uni that wants higher grades as an insurance choice?

Slightly regretting that now!
Oh dear.
Reply 808
Original post by krishkmistry
I think what makes me panic now has nothing to do with the amount of effort put in,it's about how little mistakes I think i made on the day could cost me big time.

Same here. Those little mistakes have a way of sneaking up on us D:

One week from today I'll know my results by now. Oh dear.
I had a dream last night that I got the grades I needed but in tgw wrong subjects.. I got a c in biology when I need a b. I have never been so relieved to wake up. Ugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren_denman
Did anyone else do the stupid thing and put a uni that wants higher grades as an insurance choice?

Why on earth would you do that?! Lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padouken
Wow. I'd be a surgeon over your typical doctor any day. But I heard they have to make many sacrifices in terms of social life etc.

Every doctor works tough shifts if they work full time, my mother is a doctor (not a surgeon by she also does operations) .. and that means she only ever goes out for other doctor's leaving dos and the such like

No, I put ones that had the same but that was because I was hoping the insurance uni might be more lenient than my firm but I don't really want to go to my insurance anyway. :rolleyes:
Original post by hayleyhayley
I had a dream last night that I got the grades I needed but in tgw wrong subjects.. I got a c in biology when I need a b. I have never been so relieved to wake up. Ugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a dream that I got all the grades I wanted, but just before I got them I decided to reject my firm because I thought I wouldn't get in! :rolleyes: I guess the nightmares start now
Original post by Shb117
Hey guys is it true that the Uni's get our A-level results tomorrow ( one week before they are released to students)?

Original post by kieran1502
When do uni's get our results and update their decision on ucas?

Original post by MiaDreams
I can't go in on results day until 10, can you start clearing without your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by patterson
There is a lot of people I know saying their offers changed from conditional to unconditional. How comes? When do universities receive the A2 a-level results?

Original post by patterson
So if their offer won't change until the 15th, does that mean, it may change after receiving the results?

Original post by Delta123
Universities have had our results for sometime now, there was an article on the telegraph showing that universities said they had a lot of spaces on clearing this year. Then again that maybe because not enough people applied for certain courses this year?

OK to clear things up again

Unis do NOT have A level results yet (it would be a lot easier if we did!).

UCAS are getting your grades from the exam boards mainly today and tomorrow.

UCAS match those grades with your application and send them on to unis on Saturday/Sunday.

From tomorrow the link between track and the live database at UCAS will be broken.

Unis will spend sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday manually checking EVERY application (it can't be automated) to see if they've met their offer.

For people who've met their offer or people who've missed their offer that the unis still want to take the unis will send accept/unconditional decisions through to UCAS (who will hold it on their database behind the scenes).

For people who've missed their offer who the universities know they wouldn't accept under any circumstances unis will send reject/unsuccessful decisions through to UCAS (who will hold it on their database behind the scenes).

On results morning Track will go be reconnected to the live UCAS database some time before 8am (but not before 6am) and so will show all the decisions that unis have sent through to UCAS - it then gets disconnected to stop it falling over while everyone and their dog logs on and hits refresh a million times.

At 10 past 8 UCAS will start emailing the people who've got a definite "yes" or a definite "no you're in clearing".

Anyone who doesn't get one of those emails or who has their offer(s) still showing conditional on track will NEED to phone their unis to find out if a decision has been made (some unis are slow sending decisions to UCAS) and if not WHEN a decision will be made.

Once track has been updated around 8am it will NOT update again until about midday (when everyone stops hammering the system a bit).

At 5pm track will be switched back on in full - at this point you can start to add clearing choices and accept/reject and changed course offers.

It's not stupid - lots of students are accepted with lower grades than the offer levels and it all depends on whether the university concerned has got the space/capacity to take those students.

It's better to have a uni you would be happy to go to as your insurance with a high offer than a uni you know you'd be less than happy at with a low offer.

I did that too! Thought I was the only one, but to be fair my insurance is in London so I'll live at home but for Chester I'm not guaranteed accommodation unless it's my firm
Reply 816
I had my first results dream last night
My mum woke me up just when I was about to open the envelope
:dry:
Original post by PQ
OK to clear things up again

Unis do NOT have A level results yet (it would be a lot easier if we did!).

UCAS are getting your grades from the exam boards mainly today and tomorrow.

UCAS match those grades with your application and send them on to unis on Saturday/Sunday.

From tomorrow the link between track and the live database at UCAS will be broken.

Unis will spend sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday manually checking EVERY application (it can't be automated) to see if they've met their offer.

For people who've met their offer or people who've missed their offer that the unis still want to take the unis will send accept/unconditional decisions through to UCAS (who will hold it on their database behind the scenes).

For people who've missed their offer who the universities know they wouldn't accept under any circumstances unis will send reject/unsuccessful decisions through to UCAS (who will hold it on their database behind the scenes).

On results morning Track will go be reconnected to the live UCAS database some time before 8am (but not before 6am) and so will show all the decisions that unis have sent through to UCAS - it then gets disconnected to stop it falling over while everyone and their dog logs on and hits refresh a million times.

At 10 past 8 UCAS will start emailing the people who've got a definite "yes" or a definite "no you're in clearing".

Anyone who doesn't get one of those emails or who has their offer(s) still showing conditional on track will NEED to phone their unis to find out if a decision has been made (some unis are slow sending decisions to UCAS) and if not WHEN a decision will be made.

Once track has been updated around 8am it will NOT update again until about midday (when everyone stops hammering the system a bit).

At 5pm track will be switched back on in full - at this point you can start to add clearing choices and accept/reject and changed course offers.

It's not stupid - lots of students are accepted with lower grades than the offer levels and it all depends on whether the university concerned has got the space/capacity to take those students.

It's better to have a uni you would be happy to go to as your insurance with a high offer than a uni you know you'd be less than happy at with a low offer.

Would rep you but sadly I'm out, care for a virtual rep? This info is so helpful, I'm the only one in my family to go to uni so I've relied on TSR :smile:
Original post by ChloeBonner
Yes I did :-)

was your exam board AQA?! Did you do Waiting For Godot!!?
Reply 819
Original post by AmyLH
I'll be cracking open a bottle of champagne or a bottle of vodka :tongue:

Why not both? :awesome:

Latest