The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PythianLegume
I'm Year 13 and took A2 on that spec - feel free to ask questions.

I did Schizophrenia, Media, Relationships, Eating Behaviour and Aggression.

Just saw your edit. I'm doing all of those, except I'm doing gender instead of eating behaviours. I dunno, I'm quite excites for it, but I really don't know what to expect.. I've heard the jump for psychology is massive, and I'm doing 4 A-levels so I'm bricking it as well

Edit: Just saw your reply. Yeah, I'm weird how one minute, my essay writing skills are great, but then the next, everything I write has no meaning. I don't know whether I'm any good at long essays since AS is just 12 marks max, but I liked the unit 2 exam we sat, which had 1 12 marker, 2 8 markers and 2 6 markers
(edited 10 years ago)
How can you not love Chemistry? :eek:

Because I have failed it so you know. Our teachers were really bad. And I won't need it for uni as I have chosen geography. Continuing history, psychology and geography. haha:colone::colone::colone:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Just saw your edit. I'm doing all of those, except I'm doing gender instead of eating behaviours. I dunno, I'm quite excites for it, but I really don't know what to expect.. I've heard the jump for psychology is massive, and I'm doing 4 A-levels so I'm bricking it as well

I did 4, and it wasn't much of a big deal, considering I'm fairly good with the sciences - if you're the same, then I wouldn't worry. If you've been doing 5 AS levels, then 4A2 levels is no harder, and possibly easier because you have more free periods.
Are there any year 12s that are planning on keeping psychology (AQA A) to A2 next year?

I am year 13 and did AQA psychology A. I studied the topics relationships, biological rhythms and aggression for topic 3. Parapsychology, research methods and phobias for topic 4.

Feel free to ask me anything!
Reply 1324
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I do the same subjects on CCEA, except for geography instead of economics :biggrin: Didn't like geography this year though :mad:

You awaiting A2 or AS results?
A lot of people seem to have done AQA psychology, anyone did OCR can you tell me how difficult it is.
I had a dream about results day last night and it felt sooo real! I dreamt that I got aaac in my AS which tbh I was kinda pleased but the c just killed it. I wont be surprised if this dream comes true. If it does I'll quote this post! :eek:
Original post by CD315
You awaiting A2 or AS results?

A2, yourself? :smile:
I did 4, and it wasn't much of a big deal, considering I'm fairly good with the sciences - if you're the same, then I wouldn't worry. If you've been doing 5 AS levels, then 4A2 levels is no harder, and possibly easier because you have more free periods.

Saw your last reply after I posted and edited after you posted this so I'll just add the edit here so I don't confuse anyone :tongue:

Just saw your reply. Yeah, I'm weird how one minute, my essay writing skills are great, but then the next, everything I write has no meaning. I don't know whether I'm any good at long essays since AS is just 12 marks max, but I liked the unit 2 exam we sat, which had 1 12 marker, 2 8 markers and 2 6 markers

I did 4 AS, so I'm assuming the work load will increase. I'm pretty good in most of my subjects, so I'm hoping I'll cope well.. its just the idea of essay only exams that really get to me, because they could potentially ask about only one area of the topic

Original post by lauren_denman
I am year 13 and did AQA psychology A. I studied the topics relationships, biological rhythms and aggression for topic 3. Parapsychology, research methods and phobias for topic 4.

Feel free to ask me anything!

Thank you :smile: which topic out of relationships and aggression would you say you preferred? (They're the only 2 + research methods in the list that I'm doing)
Original post by GirlWithADream
I had a dream about results day last night and it felt sooo real! I dreamt that I got aaac in my AS which tbh I was kinda pleased but the c just killed it. I wont be surprised if this dream comes true. If it does I'll quote this post! :eek:

Surely AAAC is really good unless the C is in the subject you want to do.

I had one for my AS's last night as well get them frequently they are sometimes really good and them sometimes really bad kinda how I feel because at times I think I have done enough to get into my chosen uni and then others I'm like maybe the examiners wanted this... this oh wait and a mention of this. But I want an ABB this year to hopefully get an offer from Leicester
(edited 10 years ago)
I was just wondering what topics people were doing :smile: which ones did you do?

we did.....
research methods (you have to do this, sigh!!!)
anomalistic
phobias
aggression
intelligence
sleep/bio rhythms

psychology was my favourite subject but some topics are really, really boring. equally some are super interesting though haha!

do you know which youre doing?

Thank you :smile: which topic out of relationships and aggression would you say you preferred? (They're the only 2 + research methods in the list that I'm doing)

I prefered relationships personally as aggression seemed to be really biology related and I prefer the psychological side which was more in relationships. Plus I found relationships much easier to get to grips with and learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren_denman
I prefered relationships personally as aggression seemed to be really biology related and I prefer the psychological side which was more in relationships. Plus I found relationships much easier to get to grips with and learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is the one thing I love about psychology is that you will always have one or 2 topics that you love and are really interesting. Personally making it a great subject whereas with for example history you don't get as many choices so if you don't like the period of topic you find it really boring.
Original post by lukeniknak
we did.....
research methods (you have to do this, sigh!!!)

Research methods are awesome. I think everyone taking some form of science A-Level should take a compulsory course on the scientific method and basic philosophy of science. People have such a lack of understanding with regards to how science actually works.
Original post by GirlWithADream

I had a dream about the results day as well which felt quite real, I got AABBC. I was quite pissed about the C both in dream and now that I am awake.
Research methods are awesome. I think everyone taking some form of science A-Level should take a compulsory course on the scientific method and basic philosophy of science. People have such a lack of understanding with regards to how science actually works.

Research methods in OCR is really boring it is common sense most of it. And we have to do mean median and mode. WHY???
Original post by sneha.vag
Anyone on here firmed the University of Kent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Declined my offer but it is pretty nice :smile:
Reply 1337
Original post by kingdoo
A lot of people seem to have done AQA psychology, anyone did OCR can you tell me how difficult it is.

Hello, I've just completed OCR Psychology A2 :smile:
I saw your other post about doing forensic and health psychology modules - I did these too. In health we did Stress, Disorders and Dysfunctional Behaviour. In Forensics we did topics about profiling, imprisonment etc etc.
I would say the most important thing is to make study cards every week for the studies you have just covered. We did 3 studies a week, resulting in about 54 studies to learn for the G543 exam. You will probably get a big booklet with all the studies in which you will work through, but it is also important to make your own revision cards, as you can use little clip arts and images to help you remember the info :smile: the more you can remember from each study, the better ! I made mine using microsoft word, put loads of stupid little images in them and that was so helpful when it came to remembering information. Make it personal to you.
You seem enthusiastic about the course, which is fab. Try to keep up that interest and keep on top of essays which your teachers will probably set you. Even if the teachers don't collect them in (mine often didn't once we were comfortable with the exam technique), it's still good practice! If you have any other questions please feel free to message me.
Best of luck :smile:
Freak-out mode has well and truly been activated.

Give me my resuts already :argh:

it's alright, just in terms of psychology it's not as interesting as the other topics haha.
it is easy marks in the exam though :cool:

Latest