The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by Frostyjoe
oh ICT how do you think you'll do?

It's the only one I'm still quite confident for an A in at this stage! It thought the paper was fair enough, but it did seem to have a lot of vague questions on it... Our teacher told us once that you usually only need around 90/120 to get 100 UMS on it though so it should be grand! The coursework is a killer though, never thought I'd see the back of it!
Original post by abcdefghijklmeg
Oh the studies themselves are far more interesting than AS definitely! The forensic ones are the best in my opinion! The ones at AS seemed very unrelated to real life whereas in A2 they use alot of case studies and real situations :-). I took English Lit, Biology, Drama and Psychology, obviously:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least they are interesting. Good luck on results day.
Original post by kingdoo
People doing or have done their personal statement how did it go? I am thinking that mine is awful although it does seem to show me. I have just done my first paragraph.

I stated my PS, but mine's awful! I think I'm going to wait till I get my results before I write anymore as it will decide what courses I apply to and where
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madz2802
I stated my PS, but mine's awful! I think I'm going to wait till I get my results before I write anymore as it will decide what courses I apply to and where
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am probably going to start everything after AS results there is no point doing A level work if you do not pass. As for my PS it is so bad, I hate writing to impress people because to me it doesn't show who I am I would rather be interviewed. Paper can lie.

Try watching this to waste 2 minutes! :smile:
Original post by dbhelix
Any CCEA people here :biggrin:

I did History with CCEA :smile:
Reply 1366
Original post by Jessie7003
I did History with CCEA :smile:

So did I! What did you think?
Reply 1367
Anyone bought essentials for accomodation?
I'm refusing to until after results!
Original post by FabiusMaximus

Try watching this to waste 2 minutes! :smile:

Waste another minute or so watching this:

Reply 1369
Original post by kieronspitter
Drop applied ICT

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hopefully will be studying economics this year at Exeter having studied History, economics and law at A-level. Therefore my advice is considering how stressful A2 can be go with ICT if you find it easier than Chemistry. But if you are applying to one of the top 10 universities then do Chemistry as it will be seen as more of a core and respected subject. good luck:cool:
Reply 1370
Original post by DavidM95
same here

Me too. I've bought absolutely nothing for uni. Not even a new pencil case or stationary! I just want to be 100% sure I've got in first; I hate wasting money :redface:
Reply 1372
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Me too. I've bought absolutely nothing for uni. Not even a new pencil case or stationary! I just want to be 100% sure I've got in first; I hate wasting money :redface:

I bought a new laptop.. Oh well. Always need a laptop!
Reply 1373
Is anyone on here yet to visit their firm choice on an open day or something. Because I never visited any of the five universities I applied for so I haven't got a clue as to how my firm or insurance universities are really like, well apart from the academia side of things.:frown:
Would anyone happen to know exactly what the email from UCAS on the morning of results day will look like (assuming track has updated)? Is it just be the usual 'something has changed in your application' or can you tell from the subject line whether it's good news?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Divergent
You think wobbly tables are bad?

Try a girl screaming behind me in an exam, she put her hand up to talk to the teacher (i was like wtf is happening.. but carried on writing) and then the teacher screamed and RAN out of the exam room.

Next minute, another teacher came upto me and went "excuse me, but you have a spider on your foot, do you want me to move it?" (i was sat in like a corner). So I looked down at my feet thinking "oh its probably tiny" and it was the size of like... a coconut. Seriously.

I got up as quick as possible trying not to scream.
The whole room was like "wtf"

Funniest part was the teacher who ran out screaming. Haha x

This story just made my day :colondollar:
Original post by Kat12395
Yeah, exactly!:/ I'm (hopefully) doing Chemistry... I want to do Chemistry, anyway!:L &Yourself?

Yes chemistry buddy!
Original post by OwlPatronus
Would anyone happen to know exactly what the email from UCAS on the morning of results day will look like (assuming track has updated)? Is it just be the usual 'something has changed in your application' or can you tell from the subject line whether it's good news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Track will change between 6 and 8am. The e-mail will not come until after 8am, and will congratulate you on your place, assuming you met the conditions. I suspect the subject/title might give it away, but I'm not sure if they send out 'commiserations' e-mails.
Original post by kingdoo
People doing or have done their personal statement how did it go? I am thinking that mine is awful although it does seem to show me. I have just done my first paragraph.

I wasn't happy with mine but hey I got all 5 of my offers so may be it wasn't as awful as I thought it was.
So did I! What did you think?

AS wasn't too bad, did Russia and Germany. A2 on the other hand was terrible :frown: What modules did you take? A2, we did the Irish 1800-1900 period on Nationalism and Unionism and then the Irish 1900-1925 period. 1800-1900 wasn't so bad because you basically had to learn everything as everything comes up, but the second paper usually had a set rhythm to it where one year Home Rule was sources and the next year it wasn't and our teacher basically told us to learn Home Rule for sources and it unfortunately changed and came up as an essay :frown: I also hate Irish politics so the course bored me :frown:

Latest