Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by Padouken
Anyone do AQA Chem5 here?

I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1441
Original post by Amz1217
Does anyone know when the Universities get our results? Our fates will be determined then...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually 3 days before. But your fate has probably already been decided, scripts have been marked.
Original post by wontdeny
The design was far easier for me, I hated writing about any of it though. The wire frame diagrams destroyed me; my website was 180 pages or something ridiculous like that!

They did change the weighting of it this year though, the coursework is only worth 40% now. It seems unfair that we have to put the same effort in for less marks, but at the same time the exam is so much more straight forward that it seems a pretty good exchange.

I am kind of glad of that because i'm really bad at coursework (well not that bad) and i'd prefer the exam. I think I messed up those wire things because my teacher confused me. Although she did look at them so hopefully theres nothing wrong.
Original post by DavidM95
I repeated the Russia AS exam in January and went way up. Repeated Germany in June.. Not sure what to think. Did Russia 1900-2000 (A2) and 1900-1925 Irish history as well.. We were in the same dilemma as you, the teacher assured us that HR would be the source so no-one learnt historiography for it and therefore couldn't really do an essay on it. It was dreadful!

I was meant to repeat the Russia exam in January, however due to the snow I couldn't make it in, was meant to repeat it this summer then instead but ended up too sick to do it :frown: disaster haha! Wasn't it the worst! We did exactly the same, our teacher didn't stop saying 'Don't learn any historiography, it won't be the essay' and then Sinn Fein came up as sources, oh I nearly cried! My whole class just turned around, looked at each other and started laughing! The examiners had to tell us to shut up haha! Hopefully everyone's in the same boat as us and the mark boundaries go way down!! :smile:
Original post by PQ
they take track down overnight usually so you can't stay logged in to it

Just to reiterate this to everyone planning on hitting refresh all night...

you won't be able to stay logged int because UCAS will kick you out the night before.
Reply 1445
does anyone know if track opens at 6am, or if it is likely to?
Original post by King Hotpie
I'm donating blood for the very first time on Monday.... This will give me something different to be terrified about for a change :laugh:

That's very noble of you :yes:
Reply 1447
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah thanks for this. Although I am not doing it at UNI I am really interested by it probably why I chose to do my EPQ on it as I am doing how mental hospitals have changed in the last 60 years? Remember Rosenhan from AS I was really interested by it as it was based in the 1970s so I have chosen to do it for my EPQ haha.:cool:

Questions is health psychology purely about mental disorders or are there other things that you learn about?

Rosenhan, what a classic study! Oh, which reminds me, if you're using AS studies for G544 (I did, my teacher said it would be easiest) then make sure you keep revising them throughout the year :smile:
You do learn about lots of types of mental disorders, so things like psychotic disorders. You also learn about diagnosis, so about the ICD diagnostic manual in comparison with the DSM, and there is also a study about sex biases in diagnosis (how there is a tendency for doctors to diagnose based on gender rather than actual symptoms).
Dysfunctional behaviour is another big topic which is very similar to disorders. The two cross over a lot (we did the same studies both for treating disorders and for treating dysfunctional behaviour). There is also an emphasis on causes of mental disorders (either dysfunctional behaviour or disorders).
The final other topic we did was stress. This included studies on measuring stress, so using Likert scales etc, and causes of stress (things like lack of control). Even in this topic there were studies using participants with mental disorders. So the vast majority of studies use participants with some sort of mental disorder, but your job is to use the study in relation to treatment of stress or whatever other topic it has been put into (and ultimately manipulate the study in a way which will answer the question).
Hope that helps! If you feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of studies, just remember that everyone else is in the same boat :smile:
Had my first results day-related nightmare last night. :redface:
Original post by ytop2
does anyone know if track opens at 6am, or if it is likely to?

It'll probably be closer to 8am than 6am but it wouldn't be unfeasable for it to open soon after 6am...it's just more likely to be after 7am.

Depends how things are going with the techy bods at UCAS HQ

How did you find it?
Original post by PQ
Just to reiterate this to everyone planning on hitting refresh all night...

you won't be able to stay logged int because UCAS will kick you out the night before.

I'll only try from 7 am onwards :tongue:
I'll probably be getting up around 6 anyway to get to school for 7am for results. So I'll check track once or twice before I leave, although it's unlikely that it'll have updated by then.
Reply 1453
Original post by Jessie7003
I was meant to repeat the Russia exam in January, however due to the snow I couldn't make it in, was meant to repeat it this summer then instead but ended up too sick to do it :frown: disaster haha! Wasn't it the worst! We did exactly the same, our teacher didn't stop saying 'Don't learn any historiography, it won't be the essay' and then Sinn Fein came up as sources, oh I nearly cried! My whole class just turned around, looked at each other and started laughing! The examiners had to tell us to shut up haha! Hopefully everyone's in the same boat as us and the mark boundaries go way down!! :smile:

Here's hoping! Fingers crossed:tongue:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I'll probably be getting up around 6 anyway to get to school for 7am for results. So I'll check track once or twice before I leave, although it's unlikely that it'll have updated by then.

School at 7am? wow.
If you want to pass some time, join in on the countdown! :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2414069
Is anyone else a bit overly excited to start uni shopping? :redface: I bought some cute patterned bowls to take with me on a whim today cos they were in the sale and it got me all excited! I'm so excited to get all the rest of my stuff now. Even boring stuff like towels. I was looking at the towels and genuinely feeling excited.
If I'm disappointed on results day I'm going to blame my mum. Currently getting me excited by looking up ferries to get me across.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by when she was 22
Is anyone else a bit overly excited to start uni shopping? :redface: I bought some cute patterned bowls to take with me on a whim today cos they were in the sale and it got me all excited! I'm so excited to get all the rest of my stuff now. Even boring stuff like towels. I was looking at the towels and genuinely feeling excited.

Not really. I'm probably going to get my butler to do all of that nonsense.
Original post by Padouken
School at 7am? wow.

I know! Some schools don't do it until much later. I'm really glad I can get them early in the morning straight after getting up and getting ready instead of hanging around nervously.

Latest