The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und
Unfortunately the offer is just a piece of paper if I don't get the grades! :tongue:

Where are you hoping to go yourself?

I can understand. Hence the mass panic we're all going through :redface:

LSE. It all comes down to the econ 3 unit. Stupid eggs and chickens. A question about eggs and chickens could decide where I study for the next 3 years. That's quite messedup edexcel. :redface:
Original post by und
St John's College, Cambridge. :borat:

... With Cripp's artistically absent :tongue:
Original post by abhiksetia

LSE. It all comes down to the econ 3 unit. Stupid eggs and chickens. A question about eggs and chickens could decide where I study for the next 3 years.
That's quite messedup edexcel. :redface:

You with Edexcel by any chance? They give out the strangest case studies!
Reply 1743
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
AS Student :smile:, and I can tell you are too by your username :mmm:, Bingo! :smile: OCR A and you?

I see what you did there! Haha :smile: Same! How did you find the mechanics paper? I hated it :frown:
[QUOTE="popnit;43881581"]
Original post by Divergent

Sorry to butt in where did u hear about hudds in clearing?
Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend who does Computer Science there said someone who lives with him got in there through clearing last year as there are always places for pharmacy.

Plus if you go to UCAS course search for pharmacy, click on 2013 and courses avaliable to new applicants, you can see Hudds is still on there.
& the uni's on the "avaliable to new applicants" are all the ones that have either said they will be in clearing (like uea) or are usually there anyway (like ljmu). Plus the most competitive uni's for pharmacy (notts, bath, UCL, durham) aren't on the list and I know for fact they aren't going to be in clearing x
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You with Edexcel by any chance? They give out the strangest case studies!

Yeah...The Paper 3 case studies were so freaking weird this time.
Reply 1746
Original post by kingdoo
Cool I guess you are getting better grades than me haha. I want to do BA geography, I loved the open day. :wink: How did you find the open day?

We'll see how good they are :s-smilie: I'm from Northern Ireland, I can't get to any English open days, it's too much hassle! The only ones that I will get to are UU, QUB and probably some unis in the Republic. I'm relying a lot on word of mouth and prospectuses :redface: .

LSE. It all comes down to the econ 3 unit. Stupid eggs and chickens. A question about eggs and chickens could decide where I study for the next 3 years. That's quite messedup edexcel. :redface:

I heard the other question was better, most people just picked the eggs one by default because it was market structure. I did that exam in January - ****ing hated that paper. The whole unit bored me to death.. uhhhh Oligopoly, PFI, RPI - X uhhhhhh boring.
Reply 1748
Original post by Padouken
Screw getting up that early.

It's 6AM actually n who's going to be asleep in the first place ? :frown:
Original post by Padouken
I heard the other question was better, most people just picked the eggs one by default because it was market structure. I did that exam in January - ****ing hated that paper. The whole unit bored me to death.. uhhhh Oligopoly, PFI, RPI - X uhhhhhh boring.

Yeah...made a bit of a mistake with the choice on that, oh well, what's done is done.

I agree. I infact really dislike the way the entire Economics A level is set up with Edexcel, it sort of killed my interest in the subject.
I've seen how they do Econ in the IB system and its so much better. For unit 1 you can just memorize a mark scheme and blurt it out applying to the differing case studies and you can have a high score. So, so monotonous.
Original post by HPAG
It's 6AM actually n who's going to be asleep in the first place ? :frown:

Me. Nothing interrupts my sleep. You wake me up, you lose a hand.
Yeah...made a bit of a mistake with the choice on that, oh well, what's done is done.

I agree. I infact really dislike the way the entire Economics A level is set up with Edexcel, it sort of killed my interest in the subject.
I've seen how they do Econ in the IB system and its so much better. For unit 1 you can just memorize a mark scheme and blurt it out applying to the differing case studies and you can have a high score. So, so monotonous.

Yea. I also disliked the Edexcel A level. The only unit I took somewhat of an interest for was unit 4. I'm counting on that being an A; the data response was a gift, although the essays odd but manageable. They mixed the essays up so you wouldn't get away with just learning development like you could in every past paper. Development question had a 30 marker on the monetary system LOL.
Reply 1752
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Does anyone know what time you can access your results via ResultsPlus Direct? (Edexcel)

6AM actually.:cool:
5 days and 5 hours till I find out my results D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1754
Original post by MiaDreams
Oh!! Thanks for that! :smile:

Did anyone else do AQA Psychology B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did. :smile: which topics did you answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The closer it's getting the more and more i'm feeling the pressure... I cannot believe it's 5 days already it's completely flew by.

At least my friends will follow me back on twitter soon, I feel lonely :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I stayed up for you... But can't wait the last five minutes... I'm welsh so I'm five minutes behind anyway, so it's 5 minutes ahead where you are :colone:

Happy Birthday Mr.Dragon!:party:

Have a good day:smile:

Thanks so much dude, I really appreciate this!! :biggrin: xx
Reply 1757
Original post by kingdoo
Anyone applying to Leicester 2014?

Might do for Economics, what about you?
Original post by Matt_dragon
Thanks so much dude, I really appreciate this!! :biggrin: xx

Happy birthday man! Have a good one!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1759
Original post by annadorts
Anyone know what time you can access your results from CCEA online?

7 AM, they usually open it about 10 minutes early though (well they did last year)

Latest