The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tuya
You need the grades E and E:wink:

ohhhh awkward :colondollar: I thought it stood for something aha.
I'm not sure about oxbridge, but find it hard to believe they'd accept e grades?!
Reply 2961
Awaiting results for Maths, F Maths Bio Chem and Econ.. feeling not to fazed at the moment, though I'll probably get the sweats on Wednesday night.. good luck to you all!
Original post by PythianLegume
Forgot about that, but it's a very isolated case - it's the only university I've heard of who does that.

Yeah I don't think they want a repeat of last year with the lower numbers and clearing ! Oh well lucky for the people who got it I suppose!!
Original post by jodyspelling
5 people in my year got unconditionals for Birmingham university this year for economics!

Same, a friend of mine got an unconditional for Politics and Economics. I think it was based on their AS results and because Birmingham expected them to do well. Ironically he got C's and D's in his January exams but it didn't matter in the end haha.
3days 13hours left :eek:
Reply 2965
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ohhhh awkward :colondollar: I thought it stood for something aha.
I'm not sure about oxbridge, but find it hard to believe they'd accept e grades?!

No, Oxbridge sometimes don't want to lose exceptional students (inr) so give them an EE offer, which means even if they get something bad (by Cambridge standards) like AAB, they won't go through the hassle of calling them up, etc...
This is usually for prodigies in their field who aren't the exam type, but can contribute to the subject.
Reply 2966
Original post by James A
Isn't it funny how all of a sudden it seems like yesterday that we were on Miracle Day's results day thread which said '54 days to go' and now it's 4 days to go!

How time flies!

You mean: how time rides a motorbike like James A? :biggrin:
I am nervous too :/ I am only actually getting two results on Thursday as I only do three subjects due to a health problem. I was badly injured the day before my second biology exam as well so I am really worried! Xx
Anyone else keep checking their emails just in case?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2969
Original post by RoseBrilliante
It's just so real when you're actually in the dream though, but I do like waking up and realising that my UUUU (sometimes HTYG haha) was not real and then I get a massive rush of relief as I collapse back on my back and resume sleep.

On the contrary, I hate when I get AAAA and then wake up and realise that those results weren't real; I normally assume the fetal position and stay like that until I get hungry

I know how you feel!:redface: Don't worry, not too long now!
Haha, 'until I get hungry':wink:
Original post by ve_1995
So scared about AS results on Thursday! Who else is waiting for results? Good luck!! :smile: What courses did you take? I took History, English lit, Classics and Psychology.

I did History and English Lit too, what exam boards are you with? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
Isn't it funny how all of a sudden it seems like yesterday that we were on Miracle Day's results day thread which said '54 days to go' and now it's 4 days to go!

How time flies!

I know :h:

And from GCSES to now, this is our last results day thread too :cry;
Original post by Superunknown17
Same, a friend of mine got an unconditional for Politics and Economics. I think it was based on their AS results and because Birmingham expected them to do well. Ironically he got C's and D's in his January exams but it didn't matter in the end haha.

Yeah same here! I think Birmingham uni didn't have a great uptake last year and went through to clearing so are trying to maintain their "reputation" haha
Original post by Tuya
You mean: how time rides a motorbike like James A? :biggrin:

:colondollar::colondollar:

:yep:

Unfortunately I don't have a motorcycle license. :frown:
Original post by lillollystar
Anyone else keep checking their emails just in case?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!

And I'm disappointed each time. :tongue:
Reply 2975
Original post by Miracle Day

And from GCSES to now, this is our last results day thread too :cry:

aww
I thought unis had a results day though?
Does anyone know why universities will sometimes reduce the offer for certain people? E.G. A course that requires AAB will be offered to someone for ABB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aidn
The EMPA could make or break me at this point! Haha

It's definitely broke me. I can just tell that the highest I've gotten is an E :frown:
Just logged into ucas track and the update makes it look horrendous compared to the previous ucas track.
Original post by Miracle Day

And from GCSES to now, this is our last results day thread too :cry;

yeah man, it's getting emotional now :frown: :cry2:

Latest