The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brittanna
I know someone that got 1/100 on a C1 paper :eek:.

WHAT. THE. ****.

this cannot be real. did they just write out the question then run out of the exam hall or something ??
Reply 3041
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Especially in Physics! You keeping it next year? :smile:

Noooo I've already dropped it!! We weren't allowed to until after we get our results but I was so desperate to leave. You?
ive had my breakdown did a laughing crying thing :frown:spongebob results.jpg
Original post by SyedaK
Wow, that must've been cool!. We did something similar in year 11. And in A2 we're creating music videos - we have no option but I love editing videos so i'm fine with it. We're also doing representation of women - sounds simple

A2 forces you to revise a load of theories and stuff, which was a nightmare!
But when I was revising, the ONLY thing I revised was theories (I summarised each one into a line and just made sure I knew that) and I got an A in it :smile:
Feminism is pretty important I think (we got a question about that by itself on the January 2013 paper, so I can't imagine it'll be exclusively asked about again!)
And make sure you understand representation and new media technologies cause they'll definitely come up! The new media stuff is good, it's everything you'll use on a daily basis (I went on a massive rant about the important of the red button, hahaha)
Reply 3044
Original post by Tom_green_day
Damn the Lit exam was hard, I'll be pleased with a B for that!
Also took Music, English Lang, Music Tech, Physics and Critical Thinking. AAAEB I reckon for those =]

Ah I know! I didn't have time to read through my essays at the end of the exam so I probably made loads of mistakes or repeated myself without realising. I get so panicky in exams because of the time limit :/
Original post by Fas
WHAT. THE. ****.

this cannot be real. did they just write out the question then run out of the exam hall or something ??

I have no idea. He said that he answered two or three of the questions though (but obviously not correctly :tongue:).
Reply 3046
Original post by Lucy96
I did History and English Lit too, what exam boards are you with? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR for both. What about you? :smile:
Reply 3047
Original post by smithstefan1995
Anyone here going to check UCAS early before they actually get their results???

Isn't everyone?
Reply 3048
Original post by ryanboi
Hey man, I think I got the A secured cuz I only need 71 in two of the three modules: FP2, FP3 and M2. It all depends on the mark scheme now but I didnt do that well so I dont think I got the A*. Silly mistakes in FP3 on Q3, on the first part. So, I lost all the marks probably as you know, FP3, all the parts link up. What bout you? What do you think you got in all your subjects?

Same I think I've got the A covered because I only need 32/100 UMS in either FP2 or FP3 (I took more modules than required) which is usually about 25-30 raw marks. Don't think I got the A* though because in FP2 I ran out of time so lost 10-15 raw marks in that. FP3 however was a disaster though - I completely messed up the differential equations and the maclaurins series question was a nightmare. Was getting 90%+ in all the past papers though - must have been the exam pressure which doesn't go very well with FP3. Probably lost about 20-30 raw marks in it. Grade boundaries are never below 90% for an A* in FP3 anyway so I've got no chance. Maybe I should have done FP4 instead.

As for maths A level I've definitely got an A* secured because I did C3 and C4 in Jan. Hoping for A's in my other subjects. (biology and chemistry).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by brittanna
I know someone that got 1/100 on a C1 paper :eek:.

I know someone who scored 0 :tongue:
Original post by ve_1995
So scared about AS results on Thursday! Who else is waiting for results? Good luck!! :smile: What courses did you take? I took History, English lit, Classics and Psychology.

I'm doing English Lit as well. What exam board are you with?
I also study economics and philosophy and ethics. :smile:
Reply 3051
Original post by MathsNerd1
Not really but M2, AEA and STEP probably have :redface:

Dat M2... Again, let's hope low boundaries...
Original post by Chloe_P
A boy at my school got that for writing his name on the paper :tongue:

I had no idea you get a mark for writing your name :eek:
Reply 3053
Original post by Tuya
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Product Design, PreU Global Perspectives (short course)
Hopin' for a UMS avg. above 95
And applying for Engineering at Cambridge. Yay.

Wow good luck! I live in Cambridge, it's a nice place :smile:
Reply 3054
Original post by HarryAlexSmith
Does anybody have Bath as their firm choice? I really hope I get in! I love the university and the city too!!

I have Bath as my firm for Modern Languages and European Studies! :smile: I applied through extra so I have no insurance. Good luck to everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3055
Original post by sneha.vag
I had no idea you get a mark for writing your name :eek:

Wow... You must live under a rock:tongue:
Original post by Chloe_P
But why should A2 students care? Whatever I get it's not going to affect them anyway since they already have their offers :dontknow:. Some unis look at UMS and I'm not too confident with how my other subjects went so maths is all I got :redface:

Good luck to you too.

Thanks, good luck with your GCSE results :biggrin:.

Reply 3057
Original post by ve_1995
Wow good luck! I live in Cambridge, it's a nice place :smile:

You applying for the uni as well then?
Original post by bunny96
Noooo I've already dropped it!! We weren't allowed to until after we get our results but I was so desperate to leave. You?

Whyyy? Everyone loves Physics :wink:. Keeping it :smile:
Reply 3059
Original post by niaruthjones1
Same happened to me! What exam board you on? GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :smile:

Ah no! That sucks :/ OCR, what about you?

Latest