The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4360
Original post by Paramore<3
Nice mix - I did psychology as well out of yours, and then English literature, geography and Japanese.
Eeeew maths. :frown: Good luck though, I read a stat somewhere the other day that further maths has the highest proportion of papers awarded A*. :tongue:
If I do well enough in Japanese to keep it up to A2, then I'm definitely dropping psychology! What exam board were you on?

Maths is greeeeeeeaaattt! haha :wink: ohhh that's interesting! Only doing AS though so I can't share in that stat :/ Wow Japanese! If I could choose to suddenly be fluent in a language of my choice, I would choose Japanese just because it sounds so awesome :biggrin: Respect to you for doing it, I've never been able to get my head around other languages haha :tongue: Ohhhhh, I really like Psychology, but it is supposed to get really difficult for A2 apparently so maybe it'll be a lucky escape! :tongue: I'm on AQA and i do Psychology A, how bout you?? :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aah okay, I'll collect results an hour later!

Very nice, best of luck!
Original post by MathsNerd1
Very nice, best of luck!

Night then:smile:

_

Grade boundaries were accidentally released earlier last year, on the Tuesday... :lol: it caused some fun
Original post by chocoholic_x
You're so lucky, our school doesn't open until 9:30 for us to collect our results. That's a whole 90 excruciating minutes extra for me to wait! :tongue:

Ah bad luck, 90 minutes isn't so bad, last year I had to wait till 2pm because they had to email me in Greece :/.
Original post by kevloui
I'm hoping the grade boundaries for AQA maths C4 and OCR Biology F215 are looooww. I still can't forget that maths exam.

I agree that C4 exam was evil :/
Pooping it, already accepting my failure. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by needtosucceed=)
aha spot on there :wink:

aahhh good luck! I need aab for my firm and abb for insurance. my degree only comes in the masters form :tongue:

And good luck to you too! I'd be worried if you could do such an important kind of course with a bachelors :lol: Going by your course, I'm gonna guess that you took Chemistry, Biology and maths this year? Am i right? :tongue:
Reply 4367
Original post by kevloui
ASDA probably doesn't even want us :frown:

McDonald might. My friend applied for a job there (as a dare) and they rejected her because she had too many A*. They wanted people with skills not grades or something
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Night then:smile:

_

Grade boundaries were accidentally released earlier last year, on the Tuesday... :lol: it caused some fun

Good night and that'd be quite fun if they did, I'd just know all the sooner how I've done :tongue:
Until tomorrow people! I shall bow out now and return as stressed as ever later tomorrow evening! :biggrin:
Original post by kevloui
I'm hoping the grade boundaries for AQA maths C4 and OCR Biology F215 are looooww. I still can't forget that maths exam.

If it makes you feel any better, edexcel maths was pretty..., let's just say 'quirky', this year. I've never seen someone cry from maths before!
Reply 4371
Original post by Joshuam92
I agree that C4 exam was evil :/

Nobody in my college found it decent or straight forward in the slightest. It's only until I came on TSR where people found it ok :/
Reply 4372
Original post by kevloui
ASDA probably doesn't even want us :frown:

Hey I work at spasda! I have a Bsc and an MSc and as of thursday I will hopefully go to vet school. Not everyone is thick and 2 of my friends also have degrees. Although there are a lot of thickies, including my department manager, "whats a qwerty keyboard?" worked in asda since 17 (30 this month) doesnt have a clue about college let alone uni.
Its alright, im in an ok department (mainly music, game and video, I do some photography and try to avoid home and leisure shop floor), but god, I cant wait to finish! As my friend said when I asked him where he would more rather be than work, "i would more rather be in a north korean prison camp than here".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4373
Original post by Orthrus
If it makes you feel any better, edexcel maths was pretty..., let's just say 'quirky', this year. I've never seen someone cry from maths before!

Why did the exam boards choose to have the most fun with the one paper we can't resit :/ that still pisses me off.
Original post by needtosucceed=)
haha we're allowed to do what we want on results day :wink:

pharmacy at kings :biggrin: urself?
omg wow, you're clearly capable so don't doubt yourself :smile:

Haha, yep! Including getting absolutely hammered to either celebrate your results or to make sure you erase all memory of them. :tongue:

Oh that's swell. :smile: I really wanted to study in London but I've settled with the idea that I can move there when I'm older and hopefully richer. Thank you I hope so! My offer is for Psychological and Behavioural Sciences at Cambridge. Well, that's the official term for it. I don't understand why they just can't call it Psychology. I'd feel less of an arse then when saying what I want to be studying. :redface:
Original post by SyedaK
McDonald might. My friend applied for a job there (as a dare) and they rejected her because she had too many A*. They wanted people with skills not grades or something

I'd swap my A* grades for the eloquent skill of burger flipping any day.
Original post by Markg125
Firstly can this undeniable fact be backed up by more evidence than a jumped-up little toff. Secondly even if it was true (which I highly doubt), its not hard to work out why. Wealth brings more resources, meaning a better quality of all things that help academics strive like private tutors, an ability to not be taught with morons in the class, more text books as well as all the other perks that come with wealth like a stable household, less stress and more of a self-esteem boost. All of these things put rich kids at an advantage, now that is a undeniable fact, so much so that if some who comes from a poor background gets near the same grades to a rich kids, it's almost embarrassing for the one that has been given it all.

And lastly because I just don't make 'undeniable fact' countless examples can be seen that include but not limited to:

- John Prescott (deputy prime minister)
- Dr David starkey
- Anthony davis
- Alastair camball
- Andrew Neil
- Dennis skinner

ALL are highly successful and respected in there field, and all come from a solid working class background.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely agree. At university you can usually tell the difference between someone who's privileged and someone who's not, and an awful lot of it is does seem to be down to their self-esteem (of which I have absolutely none). In my first year I used to feel completely shunned by silver spooners (not all, but the vast majority). I was also pretty angry that I wasn't offered the same excellent education/upbringing in my life. (I'm aware that that could be translated into jealousy but I'm only human, do you honestly expect me to say 'oh well'?) I still do feel shunned occasionally. I know it's not they're fault, but that doesn't change my bitter feelings about education in this country. I happily grew up thinking education was social mobility, but there seems to be much more focus on protecting those already at the top of the ladder, which I think is criminal given that free education is clearly sub-par in comparison.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4377
Original post by EmilyLlewellyn
This may have been asked/answered, if so I do apologize.
What is the general pattern, UCAS updating and then emails from individual universities or?
Also will the university email you if you are rejected?

What I've been reading is apparently:
An email from UCAS first stating in the email that you've got a place somewhere.
Then your uni will tell you after

UCAS will tell you if you've been entered into clearing..
The uni who has rejected you does nothing
Original post by Orthrus

Reduced to tears by an Edexcel mathematics paper? How does one sleep at night?
Reply 4379
Original post by miffy56
Hey I work at spasda! I have a Bsc and an MSc and as of thursday I will hopefully go to vet school. Not everyone is thick and 2 of my friends also have degrees. Although there are a lot of thickies, including my department manager, "whats a qwerty keyboard?" worked in asda since 17 (30 this month) doesnt have a clue about college let alone uni.
Its alright, im in an ok department (mainly music, game and video, I do some photography and try to avoid home and leisure shop floor), but god, I cant wait to finish! As my friend said when I asked him where he would more rather be than work, "i would more rather be in a north korean prison camp than here".

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Spasda' LMAO that caught me off guard haha. But come on, it can't be that bad lol. I mean, every time you go in, the employees are smiling and having a good time!:biggrin:

Latest