The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nicked from my post in last year's results day thread:

Also to repost this lot....and to point at the (now very old but still valid) Results Day Flowchart in my sig

Public Service Announcement: Track on Results Day

I know I keep banging on about this but until the rumours die out completely then I'm going to keep spamming up your thread :p:

When will Track update
Track will go live between 6 and 8am on results day. UCAS are saying 8am - it might go live earlier. It WON'T go live at midnight.

At that point EVERYONE will be able to see any decisions that their universities have sent to UCAS.

Just because it's live doesn't mean it will update for everyone. About 100,000 people last year didn't get a clear answer from Track first thing on Results Day - they had to collect their results and then ring up their firm/insurance unis.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else.

Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph(just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!!!
NO - lots of people last year (and the year before) met their offer but Track hadn't updated. Universities have to MANUALLY compare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.

If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:
a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.

In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad. In fact in some ways it's good - of those applicants who got a definite answer on results day last year...?....some of them got a definite rejection. Being in limbo for a couple of hours is a GOOD thing compared to that.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!!!
NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
When will track update?
Between 6-8am. Emails will be sent in waves starting at 8:10am.

When are grade boundaries released?
OCR and Edexcel: 12am Wednesday - 12am Thursday (Likely they'll be out when you wake up, so just sleep :tongue:)

AQA: Wednesday (Again, after midnight though, but when you've woken up)

CCEA+WJEC: Thursday (WJEC in my experience update after 8am with their raw mark conversion)

Results or Track?
Depends on when your college opens, it is personal preference and entirely up to you.

Will my firm accept me with A*AB when my offer is AAA?
If your track says unconditional, you're in. If it says rejected, you're not. If it says conditional, phone in! (also, you can probably phone with a rejection too).

Now, A*AB is equivalent in terms of UCAS points but your university may not accept that. Chances are track will have told you anyway. Phone up if you receive these grades.

So when are the grade boundaries uploaded again?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Robbie242
Of course

I hope this is a general view, I'm an AS student I was just doing it as an example of a frequent post

I know but you have to give the As as well as the Qs :p:
Reply 4783
will my firm accept A*AB if my offer is AAA or will my firm accept my offer if any set of grades don't satisfy the requirement of the uni but 1 grade is better than expected and is equivalent to the offer grades

It depends...
How have others for the course done ( in comparison to conditions)
How relevant is a* subject?
How irrelevant is b subject?
Usually they do but depends what uni think
Original post by venenecinema
Same goes for AQA economics - if you mess up the minor calculation question that they give you at the beginning of each exam then that can be half a grade. It's crazy.

You're right about this... I messed up the calculation for ECON3 this summer and stupidly referred to it a couple of times in the 10 marker also. :frown:
I've got a list now..
I'll quote illusionary on the next page so people should read the first post on it
I've got a list now..

I find it weird you made this, given your like 2 years from a university application lol. Kudos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wake me up when it's 8am on Thursday... :sleep:
Original post by Illusionary
x

Is there any way we can sticky this or make it show up everywhere? So people stop asking the same questions.

When will track update?
Between 6-8am. Emails will be sent in waves starting at 8:10am.

TRACK WILL NOT UPDATE AT MIDNIGHT, IF YOU THINK IT WILL. FINE. WASTE YOUR NIGHT ON IT :bigsmile:

When are grade boundaries released?
OCR and Edexcel: 12am Wednesday - 12am Thursday (Likely they'll be out when you wake up, so just sleep :tongue:)

AQA: Wednesday (Again, after midnight though, but when you've woken up)

CCEA+WJEC: Thursday (WJEC in my experience update after 8am with their raw mark conversion)

Results or Track?
Depends on when your college opens, it is personal preference and entirely up to you.

Will my firm accept me with A*AB when my offer is AAA?
If your track says unconditional, you're in. If it says rejected, you're not. If it says conditional, phone in! (also, you can probably phone with a rejection too).

Now, A*AB is equivalent in terms of UCAS points but your university may not accept that. Chances are track will have told you anyway. Phone up if you receive these grades.

It also depends what the B grade is in, if you're an engineer and the B is is Maths, chances are they'll say no. And say the A* is in Biology, again. Chances are slim, if at all existent.

Rejected: Call up. (slimmer chance)
Unconditional: Celebrate.
Conditional: Call up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4790
Original post by kate_louise21
Exeter being in clearing all the time? ermm as if lols its one of THE places to study! and deserted? im assuming you both havent been there because on an offer, open day and just a normal day it was definitely not deserted! Exeter has a brilliant reputation and has such a lovely campus too!

I was told that it is in clearing most of the time, and that its a small place anyway (mabye to preserve beauty?). I'm sure its a good place to study. I'm not even bothered to apply to it so I don't really care what you have to say.
Original post by ElChapo
I find it weird you made this, given your like 2 years from a university application lol. Kudos

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll probably have a cardiac arrest by time I get my Full A2 results :lol: amount of times I see the same question.

_

Next person who asks on this page... Watch.
I'll probably have a cardiac arrest by time I get my Full A2 results :lol: amount of times I see the same question.

_

when are edexcel grade boundaries set to release?

:troll:
Reply 4793
what time are the aqa grade boundaries released?
Original post by Ché.
Ah!
AS leaves you with ample amount of change to surpass those stupid predictions, like they know how hard you really work... LOL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't agree with them totally I mean I got a B in the mock for history an A in the mock for geography a B in the mock for general studies and a B in the mock for psychology. The predictions were really unfair I think.

What do you want to get? And where do you want to go? (presumably you do A2's and want to go to uni)
Original post by vgautam

Not sure if trolling...
when are edexcel grade boundaries set to release?

:troll:

:colonhash:
Original post by vgautam

Can you not ****ing read?

I doubt you'll have any use for them, given you can't read the bloody bolded questions above asking the exact same questions, I'm not sure you'll have done well anyway :mad:

Read above! Now...

If you're trolling... Lame.

_

When does track go live? I heard it was midnight?
Original post by PQ
When does track go live? I heard it was midnight?

I'll edit that one in... :sly:
(edited 10 years ago)
That's not too bad, 1 evaluative point usually gets you 14 marks. I got the evaluation down I just need to see if the examiner is paitent enough to read a massive block of text, I did also go on a bit of tangent about the multiplier effect (perhaps a bit too much).

Ahah I flopped the China/Japan calculation question by getting my millions and billions wrong (lolol) and also that 6 marker about the most important macro objective I had no idea what to put so I just put down as many ideas as possible.

I'll probably ask for a remark again if it's a B because last time it went up by 8 entire ums points

ooh 14/18 would be ****ing lovely , not gonna lie hahaha - i'm not gonna get my hopes up though and still roll with my 10/18 prediction :cool:

haha yeah stuff like that tends to happen , yeah that 6 marker i answered it correctly , but i only managed to get 2 evaluative points in because i ran out of space ! both points with developed points , so hopefully my examiner is nice and gives me 6/6 for that , instead of dropping me a mark :colondollar:

yeah im gonna probably call back a photocopy of the paper first and go through it with my Economics teacher then see if its worth the remark.

howd you find the micro ? That was ****ing solid , especially the second to last question !

Latest