The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
would you mind seeing if my way of predicting ums works, the annoying thing about the OCR document is it is based on a boundary of 10ums rather than A which holds 20ums? it's just on the previous page

Don't overcomplicate things.
62 is 90 and 68 is 100

So 10 UMS is spread across 6 marks. i.e. each raw mark is worth 5/3 UMS marks. You have 90 (62 boundary) + 2*5/3 = 93.33 = 93
Thank you AQA for such nice chemistry ISA grade boundaries :grumble:. I mean, it's only 72% for an E and 96% for an A*.

On a slightly better note, I guess i'm okay with the CHEM 5 grade boundaries.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ChloeBonner
AQA Physics A and OCR Geography are making me feel optimistic, the grade boundaries are alright to me!

but aqa physics has been raised by 3 marks this year. I am freaking out.
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Yes, me! My friends can't read my writing most of the time, I hope the examiners are good at reading bad handwriting :redface:

Me too! But I do english and other essay subjects and I've managed to do well in them which is why I think it puts us at ease that they can read handwriting in exam conditions even if others can't!
Reply 7004
Why couldn't exams been easy like in 2009/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llewellyn
Don't overcomplicate things.
62 is 90 and 68 is 100

So 10 UMS is spread across 6 marks. i.e. each raw mark is worth 5/3 UMS marks. You have 90 (62 boundary) + 2*5/3 = 93.33 = 93

oh lmao thanks
Reply 7006
Original post by jodyspelling
Omg same! I didn't find the exam too hard and thought it was one of my better exams? Now I'm really worried why the grade boundaries are so low :confused:

I thought it was a hard exam. Not like realllly hard, I was more annoyed about the lack of unit 5 questions even though it was a unit 5 paper!
Edexcel economics... Come on...
Reply 7008
good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking forward to my 4 A*'s... Harvard Uni here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emah123
Anyone worried about the OCR chem f325? 75/100 for an A.
Higher than jan 2013 and I found that paper so much harder than jan!

Yes, agreed! But you may have done better than you think.
Original post by rm.xo
I'm slightly worried how low the BIOL5 boundaries are. Makes me think that I've probably bombed on that paper :facepalm:

I know, it's freaked me out, I thought the paper was alright! No one at my school came out upset, we were all quite positive
Original post by ScarlettFierce
Edexcel economics... Come on...

Nervously waiting for that.
I had a dream a while back that I met my French Speaking examiner in the shopping centre and he told me I had done alright but not great. The thing is, I'm really worried that my oral didn't go all that well so I hope the dream isn't proved right.
Original post by dan94adibi
Nervously waiting for that.

Thats the last exam I need to check the grade boundaries for! How did you find the grade boundaries?
Original post by charlie4590
Me too! But I do english and other essay subjects and I've managed to do well in them which is why I think it puts us at ease that they can read handwriting in exam conditions even if others can't!

Fortunately I only did biology, maths and further maths this year! Biology requires quite a bit of writing though, and there is a long essay question at the end of the final A2 exam on AQA. I think examiners must have a lot of experience with all types of poor handwriting, so I just hope they won't have any trouble.
guys which grade boyundaries are out ?
Reply 7017
Original post by geor
Maybe edexcel really are releasing their grade boundaries at midnight...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just spoke to edexcel and they said that they are going to release the grade boundaries midnight tonight.
Original post by venenecinema
If there are any Bristol firmers here, try checking your accommodation status. If, when you attempt to login, it says "You are not eligible to apply for Undergraduate accommodation online", then I think you've missed the offer. It says this for me now but when I logged in a couple of days ago it allowed me to check my status.

It still allows me to check my status. Maybe just a temp glitch on yours?
Original post by Fas
guys which grade boyundaries are out ?

AQA and OCR and Edexcel Maths. The other Edexcel ones are published at midnight. :smile:

Latest