Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish

Yeah:smile:

53/75 for an A in geog :teeth: Dem boundaries :sexface:

Original post by ravishingrick69
this + repped

edit: checking right now.

Found 'em :biggrin:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm scared now :mmm:

Not panicking but the fear is tangible :rofl:
So. They predict exams she couldn't sit

Yeah:smile:

Right but then there is a flaw here, a U grade and A grade candidate both fall ill with an indentical condition, they call up AQA and they are both given A grades? I would say perhaps a C grade automated on those exams would be a little more evened out. This is my personal opinion though but it kinda defeats the purpose of an exam such that when you become ill your given grades.

Are the predictions based off AS results?
Original post by Potential Medic
For AQA Biology Unit 2 you need 72 marks out of 85 to get full UMS and for Chemistry Unit 2 you need 99 marks out of 100 to get full UMS. I thought some of you might want to know as not everyone is able to access the UMS convertor. :smile:

could you check what full ums was in buss1, buss2 and buss4 please.
Reply 7244
Oh my gosh guys I just found this twitter:
https://twitter.com/ALevelProblems

It's really funny and it will cheer you up :smile:
Question: Why do grade boundaries effect you? Do they take the average from your ISA?:eek:

affect* *tut tut tut* a polygot making a grammatical error :biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242
Right but then there is a flaw here, a U grade and A grade candidate both fall ill with an indentical condition, they call up AQA and they are both given A grades? I would say perhaps a C grade automated on those exams would be a little more evened out. This is my personal opinion though but it kinda defeats the purpose of an exam such that when you become ill your given grades.

This.

The system doesn't make sense sometimes :/

It's results based. So either A2 modules that have been actually sat, or AS modules if none are taken...

They're not given the predictions school say I don't think...

yea theyre based on as results, jan exam results and also your teachers send off a grade to the exam board of what they think you'll get in that exam, around may time. mine wouldnt tell me what she predicted me though :frown:
Original post by Divergent
No its not.
People in my college have been granted predicted grades before for the same exam I couldn't sit.
You get 5% if you sit it but your disadvantaged.
When your in hospital, collapsed with 45% body burns and skin grafts I think it's slightly different and my exams officer agrees. She's had cases of similar incidents where the student has been granted an average grade.

What measures do AQA take when predicting such grades?
an automatic A grade doesn't feel right to me, a C or a B is perhaps a little more fair
Original post by needtosucceed=)
could you check what full ums was in buss1, buss2 and buss4 please.

I'd like to know this as well! BUSS2 was a dream paper hoping for 120

:rofl:

Why are they always so low... You'll probably get full UMS :lol:
Original post by Hullo
Slightly lower for PHYA5 - A.
50 for an A:smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my God...school just rang asking me to read my results on the radio...I said yes...HELP.
I skipped the pages, what have I missed?

How are people feeling after boundaries?

Ive only seen the OCR PE grade boundary so far but it made me feel very happy indeed!
Original post by bunny96
Oh my gosh guys I just found this twitter:
https://twitter.com/ALevelProblems

It's really funny and it will cheer you up :smile:

Haha yes. I would rep you, but I've run out :cool:.
reps to someone who links ocr grade boundaries
cant find it

edit: checking link ^
Original post by James A
This.

The system doesn't make sense sometimes :/

It really doesn't. The sitting of the exam should reward your potential. If you cannot sit it then that is very unfortunate but I don't think predicting A2 grades based off AS grades is really fair. Besides with a medical condition like that the person could sit the exams the year after and still get substantial consideration from all unis. But I suppose I understand how that would be a drag.
Original post by eelnais
Oh my God...school just rang asking me to read my results on the radio...I said yes...HELP.

You can still back out of it if you want to - it's your results day, you can approach it any way you like.
please stop living under this delusion that AQA will give you a grade because quite frankly they won't, you need to sit the exam in order to get the grade, it wasn't your fault but the maximum you can get is 5% extra marks

I've heard of people getting their predicted scores/average mark depending on the exam board if people are very ill and are unable to sit exams, provided uni's are informed in time by pertaining authorities.
So er, that's wrong.

Latest