The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If yesterday night is anything to go by, people on here give the wrong times out I doubt Track will open before 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not an a level student I'm a GCSE student in year 10 and I'm new.. I'm thinking about taking a level chemistry now but I'm in year 10 plz can someone explain a level chemistry a level a little bit to me please! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maths_geek
I'm not an a level student I'm a GCSE student in year 10 and I'm new.. I'm thinking about taking a level chemistry now but I'm in year 10 plz can someone explain a level chemistry a level a little bit to me please! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. You're in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8203
Original post by Tom_green_day
Yeah that'll be great, best not to think about it! You doing anything to celebrate?

Probably won't really get to do much after I get my results because I'm going away with my family for a week :/ what about you?
I actually feel really sick now just thinking about tomorrow. I've never had nerves like this before.
Original post by Endless Blue
What do you think you got, roughly, on Chem 2? I thought boundaries for both Chem 1 & 2 were pretty fair; could have been better but could have been worse.

I know I've done a lot better on Chem 2 and I reckon Chem 1 and ISA are roughly on the A boundary so just praying all went to plan! Good luck!! :biggrin:

:parrot:

Well I revised a hell of a lot more for CHEM2 than I did for CHEM1 so I hoping to do better this time... I liked CHEM2 more too so if I don't do well I'm going to screw :')
Hell, I'd probably be happy with a high B overall at the moment, I just don't want anything less seeing as Chemistry's the subject I'm hoping to do at uni next year
Good luck for you too!
P.S. I know it's probably a stupid question but what are all these parrots I'm seeing? :P
Original post by lilGem
hello fellow other WJEC biologist :hi:

BY5 was evil :unimpressed:

More WJEC Bio buddies...I swear no one takes our exam. I'm so worried because I never understand their marking, it's like they just make it up as they go along :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maths_geek

Posted from TSR Mobile

A-Level Chemistry in a nutshell:

All GCSE is lie.

Fin.
Reply 8208
Original post by ElChapo
If yesterday night is anything to go by, people on here give the wrong times out I doubt Track will open before 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thread last year shows it updated at 7 30 but that doesn't necessarily mean it will this year
Track is now updating for confirmation and clearing. Hold your ground! Hold your ground!
Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.
Reply 8210
Original post by ColouredTights
More WJEC Bio buddies...I swear no one takes our exam. I'm so worried because I never understand their marking, it's like they just make it up as they go along :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're few and far between :erm:

It wouldn't surprise me, the questions were so sporadic as well over such a small part of the spec :erm:
Reply 8211
Is the UCAS website down? I can't access it.
Original post by puddinboy
Guys for the edexcel C4 paper, I think I roughly got 67/68 and at the worst 66. Now I've seen the grade boundaries and I know that 68 is 90 UMS but I need 88 for an A*. Do you think 66 will be enough or will it be higher?

Thanks guys 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

In c4

66 is 87 UMS
67 is 89 UMS

so it looks like you need 67/75 Raw marks.

Hope this helps
Reply 8213
Original post by Sabeena
I had to retake my AS year after getting four grade Us :tongue: ..had to transfer to one of the worst schools in my town. Funny thing was that my last school, which is presumed to be one of the top, said that i'd get UUUU again or highest EEEE if I retook my year with them. I'm in my A2 now and I'm predicted to get A*A*B tomorrow from the 'worst school':rolleyes:

- moral? doesn't matter how good the school is if they can't even encourage and support their students to do well. As long as you put the hard work in, you can go from a grade U to A* easily :dumbells:. This school gave me the most support than my old school ever did, glad I decided to come here otherwise I would've been at lower rank universities like my old friends and not even take a second glance at the top rank universities.

14hours left guys... Good luck to everyone :bl: :borat: :goodluck:

Wow. CONGRATS. That is a story to share. Kinda inspiarational. Well done.
Original post by WalkingDead
Track is now updating for confirmation and clearing. Hold your ground! Hold your ground!
Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.

Inspirational! :yep: For those in need:

[video="youtube;EXGUNvIFTQw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw[/video]
Original post by :)ella
What time are people setting alarms for tomorrow morning? I'd quite like to wake up and be able to check Track straight away but then I'm tempted to set it for 7 for no good reason :/

Set your alarm for 7.30am then.

(but obviously I haven't mentioned that officially :ninjagirl: )
its my mums birthday tommorow, and its results day.......

**** (f word)
(edited 10 years ago)
Those results are killing me... :L
Just wondering if anyone on this forum done AQA English Literature B- Aspects of Narrative. If so, what do you think of the grade boundaries and do you think they are fair for the exam? Personally I found section A brilliant but i think section B may have let me down as I found it difficult to relate my third text to the question.

Also is there anyone on here that sat any CCEA exams :smile:?

I'm only an AS student but I'm so scared about tomorrow as if I don't do well I probably wont get an offer from the university I want as they have really high standards :frown:
Reply 8219
Original post by :)ella
What time are people setting alarms for tomorrow morning? I'd quite like to wake up and be able to check Track straight away but then I'm tempted to set it for 7 for no good reason :/

My school opens at 9, me and my friends are all getting a spoons breakfast beforehand so I'll be setting my alarm for 6:00!

Latest