The Student Room Group

Complicated situation! help!!

Guys I got AAA in AS - Accounts, Economics and Business Studies.
I applied for foundation in UK and after these grades I'm confused whether I should continue and give full A Levels or go for the Foundation. I mean why should I since its really expensive. But the thing bothering me is that I dont have Maths and I suck at it. Good Universities like Cass, LSE, UBC Canada and Waterloo want Maths.
What should I do? I think I can maintain these grades but are they enough for the Unis mentioned?

MANY MANY THANKS!
Original post by thisisano
Guys I got AAA in AS - Accounts, Economics and Business Studies.
I applied for foundation in UK and after these grades I'm confused whether I should continue and give full A Levels or go for the Foundation. I mean why should I since its really expensive. But the thing bothering me is that I dont have Maths and I suck at it. Good Universities like Cass, LSE, UBC Canada and Waterloo want Maths.
What should I do? I think I can maintain these grades but are they enough for the Unis mentioned?

MANY MANY THANKS!
If you don't enjoy and/or aren't good at Maths then I wouldn't recommend taking that. Are you certain that the universities that you're interesting in actually require it? I'd suggest that the best thing to do here would be to contact the unis that you're interested in and/or look for information from their websites about their requirements. :smile:
Reply 2
Their websites do state that Maths is required but cant they be a little flexible since I got decent grades and want to pursue Bsc Accounting and Finance?
Original post by thisisano
Their websites do state that Maths is required but cant they be a little flexible since I got decent grades and want to pursue Bsc Accounting and Finance?
Flexibility is going to be down to each individual institution, but if it's stated as a requirement it may be unlikely. In this situation you're going to have to contact them to ask.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Do you need pure or applied math for applying to the University of Waterloo?
Reply 5
I think you should always do Math at A level because most Universities require it and it gives you broader oppurtunites after Uni because almost everything requires Math. But then again it depends If you take applied or pure Math.

Quick Reply

Latest