The Student Room Group

Help deciding which undergraduate course

Basically, I am having a second thought about my firm choice and decided to apply for adjustment. I just need some input from anyone regarding the choice I have. Which one do you think is better: Nottingham, Manchester, or Kent?

Original post by deistra13
Basically, I am having a second thought about my firm choice and decided to apply for adjustment. I just need some input from anyone regarding the choice I have. Which one do you think is better: Nottingham, Manchester, or Kent?

Nottingham is the best imo, followed by Manchester with Kent coming in last.

I only applied to Nottingham and Kent though, so I couldn't give a 100% informed comparison between Notts and Manchester
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Architecture-er
Nottingham is the best imo, followed by Manchester with Kent coming in last.

I only applied to Nottingham and Kent though, so I couldn't give a 100% informed comparison between Notts and Manchester

After looking through their websites, I also began to like Nottingham more, because it appear more 'international-student-friendly' :tongue: I thought as an int'l student, the environment of the study matters as well.

Have you been to any open day of the uni? If so, what did you think about the course? I read several old threads here and found out that Nottingham focus on sustainability, but haven't found much about the other 2.
After looking through their websites, I also began to like Nottingham more, because it appear more 'international-student-friendly' :tongue: I thought as an int'l student, the environment of the study matters as well.

Have you been to any open day of the uni? If so, what did you think about the course? I read several old threads here and found out that Nottingham focus on sustainability, but haven't found much about the other 2.

I went to an open day at Nottingham and my sister has just finished her 1st year there, the campus is beautiful and apparently the course is quite good, and more technically-minded than some arty architecture degrees.

I only picked Kent as my backup, I never even visited :colondollar: but a friend of mine went there and then quit because she said that the tutors were really incompetent and the standard of teaching was pretty bad. But she was a bit of a failure anyway, so I don't believe her fully :lol:

Having said that, I know a Part II architecture student who went to Manchester and he's pretty good, plus Norman Foster popped out of there, so I'm sure it's a good university as well. But Kent is definitely at the bottom of the three (sorry any Kent students!) :biggrin:
Reply 4
I went to an open day at Nottingham and my sister has just finished her 1st year there, the campus is beautiful and apparently the course is quite good, and more technically-minded than some arty architecture degrees.

I only picked Kent as my backup, I never even visited :colondollar: but a friend of mine went there and then quit because she said that the tutors were really incompetent and the standard of teaching was pretty bad. But she was a bit of a failure anyway, so I don't believe her fully :lol:

Having said that, I know a Part II architecture student who went to Manchester and he's pretty good, plus Norman Foster popped out of there, so I'm sure it's a good university as well. But Kent is definitely at the bottom of the three (sorry any Kent students!) :biggrin:

Thanks for the great insights! The only thing that made me applied to Kent is because one of my friend, who went there for open day, said that the campus is really beautiful, and the tutors are friendly.

Yeah, Norman Foster is from Manchester, but I think a genius like him is only one in.. 100 years? :confused: But of course, the uni also has a great reputation for architecture :smile:
Thanks for the great insights! The only thing that made me applied to Kent is because one of my friend, who went there for open day, said that the campus is really beautiful, and the tutors are friendly.

Yeah, Norman Foster is from Manchester, but I think a genius like him is only one in.. 100 years? :confused: But of course, the uni also has a great reputation for architecture :smile:

No problem :smile:

So when's the deadline to sort all this stuff out?
Reply 6
No problem :smile:

So when's the deadline to sort all this stuff out?

Only Kent gave me deadline of 24 hours since this morning. The other just said 'as soon as possible' so I assume the deadline will be the 5 day limit of the adjustment process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending