The Student Room Group

Getting Exam Papers Remarked?

I got my AS results back today and I was fairly disappointed with what I got, AABC

In Biology and Maths I did fine, getting the A's that I was predicted and they were very comfortable A's too.

However in Chemistry (my thought to be strongest subject) I got just two UMS -one raw mark I believe- off an A :frown:
Also, in Physics I got a C, four UMS and two raw marks off a B

I think I might get these papers priority remarked so I was wondering what sort of results people have gotten (exam board are both AQA)
Also, how long do priority remarks take?
Reply 1
Oh yeah I really do think that trying to get my AS to AAAB will really affect my application for the good due to the course that I'm thinking of applying for (chemical engineering) and I want to go to somewhere like UCL and I know I'll have no chance with AS grades of AABC :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by laym
I got my AS results back today and I was fairly disappointed with what I got, AABC

In Biology and Maths I did fine, getting the A's that I was predicted and they were very comfortable A's too.

However in Chemistry (my thought to be strongest subject) I got just two UMS -one raw mark I believe- off an A :frown:
Also, in Physics I got a C, four UMS and two raw marks off a B

I think I might get these papers priority remarked so I was wondering what sort of results people have gotten (exam board are both AQA)
Also, how long do priority remarks take?

Priority re-marks are for people whose university place this Autumn is dependent on a re-mark so go for a normal re-mark, they are generally back within 2 weeks. ou could always get a photocopy back to get a teacher to see if they think the marking is fair. Most re-marks don't change, you probably have about a 20% chance of the grade changing.
Reply 3
Original post by Data
Priority re-marks are for people whose university place this Autumn is dependent on a re-mark so go for a normal re-mark, they are generally back within 2 weeks. ou could always get a photocopy back to get a teacher to see if they think the marking is fair. Most re-marks don't change, you probably have about a 20% chance of the grade changing.

Do i get my photocopy of my paper back when i get it remarked?
Reply 4
Original post by laym
Do i get my photocopy of my paper back when i get it remarked?

You can do, but the best plan is generally to get a photocopy back, get a teacher to let you know if they think it is worth getting it re-marked (and most importantly that it's not likely to go down) and then going for the re-mark only if it seems worth it.
Reply 5
I'm so torn because for chemistry I cant believe I got a mid B on that exam when I was hitting 90+% on all the past papers and the mock so I'm hopeful I've got a method mark somewhere because thats all I need for the A and it's kind of crucial for my uni application next year for them to move up :/

Quick Reply

Latest