The Student Room Group

can a mature student get in

ok so the uni i am looking at says clearing is now closed but for ABB+ or equivalent does that apply to a mature student or not
If it doesn't say so, then yes. A place is a place and when it's gone it's gone.
I would hazard a guess to say it applies to everyone!
Reply 3
Original post by dcman987
ok so the uni i am looking at says clearing is now closed but for ABB+ or equivalent does that apply to a mature student or not

Sorry, to me it is unclear from your post as to whether you mean that the university you are looking at is closed for clearing altogether, or closed to those not achieving ABB+ or equivalent.

If it is the former, then yes, closed means closed.

If it is the latter then the university is only accepting ABB+ or equivalent students, this will include mature students and is to do with student number control allocation. Students who are ABB+ are exempt from the student controls and universities can recruit as many of these students as they see fit. As of 2013, the ABB+ includes non traditional qualifications, such as Access to HE Diploma and BTEC. Full details here http://www.hefce.ac.uk/media/hefce/content/whatwedo/learningandteaching/howwefundlt/newarrangementsforteachingfunding/exemptions_list_201314_august.pdf
Reply 4
Original post by Bunnyjo
Sorry, to me it is unclear from your post as to whether you mean that the university you are looking at is closed for clearing altogether, or closed to those not achieving ABB+ or equivalent.

If it is the former, then yes, closed means closed.

If it is the latter then the university is only accepting ABB+ or equivalent students, this will include mature students and is to do with student number control allocation. Students who are ABB+ are exempt from the student controls and universities can recruit as many of these students as they see fit. As of 2013, the ABB+ includes non traditional qualifications, such as Access to HE Diploma and BTEC. Full details here http://www.hefce.ac.uk/media/hefce/content/whatwedo/learningandteaching/howwefundlt/newarrangementsforteachingfunding/exemptions_list_201314_august.pdf

Yes it is the latter one i was meaning, thnaks for the help.

so it wont be worth my time attempting to gain access to that uni meh oh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending