The Student Room Group

Dentistry Graduate Entry 2014

Hello!

Just wondered if anyone else is considering this? Surely i'm not the only one :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes! :smile:
Ah great!

Where are you thinking of applying? :smile:
Reply 3
Other than liverpool and uclan I'm not too sure, what about you? have you finished your degree?
Yeah I finished my degree this summer. I'm considering Liverpool too, I can't believe they only offer 15 places! Kings appeals as well but I don't think i'd be able to afford the living costs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
fair enough, whats it in? I'm already at liverpool uni so really want to stay, I love it here and the city itself too
My first degree is in Pharmacy but i've always wanted to do Dentistry. What did you study? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I am thinking of applying, i really hope to get into kings. I got AAAB in AS and 11 A*s in gcse. My predicted grades are A* AA in english literature, chem and bio. I slipped up in the unit 2 chem paper and ended up getting a high b in chem AS. Im going to try remarking it to see if it goes up to an A, but i will be repeating the unit. Do i stand a good chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KewlBeans96
I am thinking of applying, i really hope to get into kings. I got AAAB in AS and 11 A*s in gcse. My predicted grades are A* AA in english literature, chem and bio. I slipped up in the unit 2 chem paper and ended up getting a high b in chem AS. Im going to try remarking it to see if it goes up to an A, but i will be repeating the unit. Do i stand a good chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This thread is for people who already have a degree and are wanting to apply for Dentistry so I can't really answer your question. I did my Alevels about 6 years ago and I know a lot has changed. Have you done the UKCAT yet? :smile:
Reply 9
Good luck with your application guys, I'm just about to go into my final year on the graduate course, and I can honestly say its the best decision I've made so far. With regards to London living costs, its true they are very high if you want to live in central London but if you are willing to commute from Zone 2 and further, the costs are a lot more manageable. There are people travelling in from the Midlands daily!

Hope all goes well with your application. I'd highly recommend doing some travelling before you start the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw thank you so much for the info! Any personal statement/interview advice would be hugely appreciated. Best of luck with your final year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by *ChooseToShine*
Aw thank you so much for the info! Any personal statement/interview advice would be hugely appreciated. Best of luck with your final year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome! I wrote an article for prospective dental students, which has some information about writing a personal statement:
http://mydentistryjourney.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/applying-for-dental-school

Also TSR have some really great people to look at your personal statement and offer advice. You should definitely utilise it. Try and get it done sooner rather than later so you get a greater chance of some one looking at it, towards deadlines they get inundated with personal statements.

Do you know where you want to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah! Thank you! Really appreciate it :smile:
I'm applying to Liverpool & King's so fingers crossed!
I should book my UKCAT soon as well, lots to be getting on with.
For Graduate Entry, people mainly have degrees in Biomedical Science or Biochemisty, in theory, could one get in with an Aerospace Engineering degree because after all it is a science degree? Or would it be best to stick with Biomedical Science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelpTheInnocent
For Graduate Entry, people mainly have degrees in Biomedical Science or Biochemisty, in theory, could one get in with an Aerospace Engineering degree because after all it is a science degree? Or would it be best to stick with Biomedical Science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not completely sure to be honest. You're best off contacting admissions. I had a look at Liverpool and these are the degrees they're accepting:

The following degrees are acceptable, provided they have been obtained from an approved institution:- Biomedical Sciences, Anatomy, BDS - provided the applicant is not eligible for
registration with the GDC and has evidence of having sat the ORE Examination on three
occasions, Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy*, Human Biology, Life Sciences, MBChB*,
Nursing*, Orthoptics*, Pharmacology, Pharmacy*, Physiology, Physiotherapy*, Veterinary
Science*.

No idea about other uni's though.

I hope that helps :smile:
Original post by *ChooseToShine*
I'm not completely sure to be honest. You're best off contacting admissions. I had a look at Liverpool and these are the degrees they're accepting:

The following degrees are acceptable, provided they have been obtained from an approved institution:- Biomedical Sciences, Anatomy, BDS - provided the applicant is not eligible for
registration with the GDC and has evidence of having sat the ORE Examination on three
occasions, Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy*, Human Biology, Life Sciences, MBChB*,
Nursing*, Orthoptics*, Pharmacology, Pharmacy*, Physiology, Physiotherapy*, Veterinary
Science*.

No idea about other uni's though.

I hope that helps :smile:

Yeah certainly does! I'll see what the other universities say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hey does anybody know if you can apply for both the graduate and regular course at the same university?
Original post by mike2424
Hey does anybody know if you can apply for both the graduate and regular course at the same university?

Yes you can
Reply 18
Thank you :smile:
I would want to apply for the 5 year courses too as a backup but I don't have the funding. All hopes on Kings & Liverpool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest