The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Anyone studying Biomedical Science at Bedfordshire University?

Hey Guys, I couldn't find a trend for this so thought I would start one myself.

So are there any Biomedical Science students starting at Bedfordshire this September?

If yes give a shout out here so we can get to know some people in our course before we start.

And also if you're currently a Biomed student or was, any tips and advice would also be helpful.... And thanks in Advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,
Im going Beds too and im doing Biomedical Science!!
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Hey There! Im doing Biomed this september too hi5
Reply 3
Yayyy finally found some people doing the same course at Beds thought I wouldn't find anyone .... So what accommodation are you guys looking to get or already have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yay!! I put myself down for the Fitzroy &W one....forgot the room number but I know it 60_ something.
Reply 5
hey I am doing biomedical science, where will you be staying??
Reply 6
Original post by Emma122
hey I am doing biomedical science, where will you be staying??

I don't know yet, I am still yet to sort out my accommodation as I got in through clearing .... I would like the En-Suite but I am not so sure money wise...

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Helena'O
I don't know yet, I am still yet to sort out my accommodation as I got in through clearing .... I would like the En-Suite but I am not so sure money wise...

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just sorted out a place in Fitzroy court, the price is steeper but It depends on what your priorities are, for me I really did not want to share a bathroom. well done in getting in through clearing, my friend is having a rough time with clearing at the moment. I managed to get in through extra after my choice of radiography was declined.

have you got an unconditional offer yet, If you do you should get an offer of accommodation soon, if it takes more than a week I would email them, that's what I did and they offered me accommodation within hours of me messaging them so it was really organised.

but if you do want an en suite time is key because they are quite popular and you want to make sure you get accommodation you want.
Reply 8
Original post by Emma122
I just sorted out a place in Fitzroy court, the price is steeper but It depends on what your priorities are, for me I really did not want to share a bathroom. well done in getting in through clearing, my friend is having a rough time with clearing at the moment. I managed to get in through extra after my choice of radiography was declined.

have you got an unconditional offer yet, If you do you should get an offer of accommodation soon, if it takes more than a week I would email them, that's what I did and they offered me accommodation within hours of me messaging them so it was really organised.

but if you do want an en suite time is key because they are quite popular and you want to make sure you get accommodation you want.

Omgosh me too, I originally wanted to study Diagnostic Radiography but unfortunately I didn't meet the requirement.
And I am still waiting for them to fully confirm my place on UCAS, so hopefully they can by tomorrow, so I can start applying for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Omgosh me too, I originally wanted to study Diagnostic Radiography but unfortunately I didn't meet the requirement.
And I am still waiting for them to fully confirm my place on UCAS, so hopefully they can by tomorrow, so I can start applying for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha that's funny, the requirements for diagnostic radiography seem impossible, what university's did you apply for originally

I applied for, Portsmouth, Christ church, Southbank, Hertfordshire and somewhere else I cant remember they all had interviews which I found very difficult, so nerve-racking
Reply 10
Original post by Emma122
haha that's funny, the requirements for diagnostic radiography seem impossible, what university's did you apply for originally

I applied for, Portsmouth, Christ church, Southbank, Hertfordshire and somewhere else I cant remember they all had interviews which I found very difficult, so nerve-racking

I applied to Hertfordshire, Portsmouth, Birmingham City, Salford and Canterbury Christ Church.

I got into Hert and Birmingham City... Canterbury offered me a deferred place... I didn't get any interview for Salford or Portsmouth but Portsmouth offered me another course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I went through clearing too..yeah the accommodation is expensive I was thinking of downgrading :frown:?
Reply 12
Original post by Abiola23
I went through clearing too..yeah the accommodation is expensive I was thinking of downgrading :frown:?

Has you place been confirmed yet on ucas because I am still waiting for mine to be. If yes how long did it take for them to confirm it on ucas?

And I know right i am really not keen on sharing a bathroom and toilet with strangers but the rent is a bit of a stretch and considering that I'm still yet to change my course on student finance so don't know how much I'll be getting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah my place has been confirmed it took a day cos when I phoned them on results day they said 24hours and they sent it around 9 next morning..the best thing to do is call them today and ask them...
Yeah I dont want to share a bathroom too but the ensuite expensive it's even more than the loan I'm being given ... But call them ..keep refreshing UCAS too!!!
Reply 14
I'm aactually still doing my student finance cos I had to.change from another course but hopefully I get it sorted today
Reply 15
Yh I think I am going to call them today I'll give it a few more hours...

And I am going to also be calling student finance ... To be honest I might end up not going for the En-Suite and just hack sharing which will be hard but we'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi all.

I'm doing Biomed in Sept too... Glad there are others, I was getting worried lol!

I'm not staying in halls though, I live in Bedford with my fiance and children.
Reply 17
I applied to Hertfordshire, Portsmouth, Birmingham City, Salford and Canterbury Christ Church.

I got into Hert and Birmingham City... Canterbury offered me a deferred place... I didn't get any interview for Salford or Portsmouth but Portsmouth offered me another course

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you find that radiography was not for you in the end then, I was dubious about going into radiography after thinking about it more and having gone on work experience, Portsmouth was going to offer me another course but I cancelled my application so I could get into extra.

are you looking forward to going to uni then, I cant wait now, nervous though leaving home and everything.
Reply 18
Original post by Emma122
did you find that radiography was not for you in the end then, I was dubious about going into radiography after thinking about it more and having gone on work experience, Portsmouth was going to offer me another course but I cancelled my application so I could get into extra.

are you looking forward to going to uni then, I cant wait now, nervous though leaving home and everything.

I am going to try and give Radiography another go in the later future because I was very much looking forward to it.

And I know right I am super excited and my place has finally been confirmed on UCAS so time to get my accommodation sorted out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by helencall
Hi all.

I'm doing Biomed in Sept too... Glad there are others, I was getting worried lol!

I'm not staying in halls though, I live in Bedford with my fiance and children.

I am still in the process of sorting mine out I'm not sure whether I would be leaving in halls doe still weighing out my options

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending