The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Just got home from work and well, I wasn't expecting that score to say the least. Great result for Cardiff that, even funnier that an ex red Frazier Campbell has won them the game. Come on you Bluebirds! :awesome:

Red dragons :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8921
Are City in crisis?
Giggs shouldn't be starting tomorrow but the side on the previous page is what I'd expect. Cleverley, despite his weaknesses, should start although an on form Anderson would be ideal but meh, what's the chances of that happening any time soon.

Rooney to start would be a headline move but just depends on his fitness for me. He played 20mins or so last weekend and played excellently for his first game but maybe we could start him behind RVP and take off if the game is in a comfortable position for us or it's edging to a draw with Kagawa coming on.

RVP will give Terry and Cahill problems, no doubt. His movement for the Welbeck goal last weekend show that and Terry isn't the player he was in the first Mourinho spell so will be a tough night. Lukaka will probably start but luckily Vidic/Ferdinand, our experienced defenders will be able to keep him under control. The first 20 minutes should be intriguing as to how both teams intend to play in the match.
Original post by 419
Are City in crisis?

Just imagine what would have happened if United had lost that game today. The media would have a field day.
Original post by sr90
Just imagine what would have happened if United had lost that game today. The media would have a field day.
They will probably make more of it if we lose to Chelsea. City losing to Cardiff will be a poor performance, United losing to Chelsea will be an indictment of Moyes managerial capability for the rest of his life. I would imagine there are a host of journalists pre drafting pieces on how a 2-1 loss means Moyes isn't the man to lead United and whether this one game is evidence of his inability to ever win. With City the worst will be a statement about the team, the media are lining up, like they were when De Gea first came to find a shred of evidence which supports a sensationalist theory.
(edited 10 years ago)
Mourinho may have said he wouldn't make a bid but he's doing all he can to unsettle Rooney with his latest comments and undermine Moyes. I'm not buying this politeness JM is giving out for Moyes because underneath, there is serious mind-games at work. I hope Moyes is ready to stand up to it and not create a cosy relationship with him that SAF did.
According to the ever reliable 'sky sources', Tottenham have received more than one offer for Bale. Oh if only Tottenham accepted a bid of 50m + young..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Might be Psg?
Reply 8928
Original post by doggyfizzel
They will probably make more of it if we lose to Chelsea. City losing to Cardiff will be a poor performance, United losing to Chelsea will be an indictment of Moyes managerial capability for the rest of his life. I would imagine there are a host of journalists pre drafting pieces on how a 2-1 loss means Moyes isn't the man to lead United and whether this one game is evidence of his inability to ever win. With City the worst will be a statement about the team, the media are lining up, like they were when De Gea first came to find a shred of evidence which supports a sensationalist theory.

The funniest thing is, they all hopped on De Gea's dick after the away game to Real, he didn't even play exceptionally well! He just had a comfortable display and made saves you'd expect a keeper to make!

I always trusted De Gea anyway and it pissed me off whenever I saw Lindegaard in goal
Original post by Aky786UK
Mourinho may have said he wouldn't make a bid but he's doing all he can to unsettle Rooney with his latest comments and undermine Moyes. I'm not buying this politeness JM is giving out for Moyes because underneath, there is serious mind-games at work. I hope Moyes is ready to stand up to it and not create a cosy relationship with him that SAF did.

To be honest I don't think many people care what he has to say regarding this ongoing Rooney saga. Mourinho is becoming boring and quite predictable with his press conferences and I can't seem to take him seriously about anything he does say. I always just think 'oh here we go again....' and think nothing of it.
Original post by member9876
Might be Psg?

Nah I don't think it is. They don't need him. Something's telling me it's United . Or it could be Monaco...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Stopmessing
According to the ever reliable 'sky sources', Tottenham have received more than one offer for Bale. Oh if only Tottenham accepted a bid of 50m + young..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its just a ploy by Spurs to get more money out of Real Madrid. Can't imagine us paying that amount of money for him and I hope we haven't cause its a huge risk considering that his only had one good season. Plus Bale seems to want to go to Real Madrid so its only Spurs who are holding up the deal.

On a side note, Real Madrid were stupid to go in with an opening bid of £80 odd million. After that it was obvious Spurs were gonna demand more. They should have started at the £40 million mark and moved up from there and with the player acting the way he is I think Spurs would have accepted a bid at around £70-£80 million.
Starting Squad Man Utd.

De Gea

Jones Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Cleverley Carrick

Valencia Welbeck

Kagawa

Van Persie

Your opinions?
I predict 2-0 Man Utd. Van Persie both goals
Original post by Lovedealer
Starting Squad Man Utd.

De Gea

Jones Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Cleverley Carrick

Valencia Welbeck

Kagawa

Van Persie

Your opinions?

I think Rooney might start instead of Kagawa since Moyes has hinted at that. And I hope Moyes does just to send a message to Mourinho. Maybe Giggs somewhere but other than that its probably the most likely line up.
Reply 8935
Original post by River85
You can sub and unsub by going to thread tools (above the thread), so you don't need to go through the bother of posting :h:at2:

You learn something new everyday. :wink:
Reply 8936
Why not start Zaha rather than Valencia? He's deserved it more than Valencia in my opinion.
Original post by Aky786UK

I bet if our strikers score against you he'll stop talking about wayne rooney altogether and stop making bids :rofl: he's a pretty good WUM
Reply 8938
Original post by Over2you
Nah I don't think it is. They don't need him. Something's telling me it's United . Or it could be Monaco...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

If this other bid hasn't been rejected yet, then presumably it's gotta be around the £80-100m that Real are being quoted as paying. I'd be very surprised if United were willing to shell out that much. So you'd have to assume it's one of the French cash clubs. Or perhaps City? Spurs definitely won't sell to an English club though, so it doesn't matter.
Original post by qasidb
Why not start Zaha rather than Valencia? He's deserved it more than Valencia in my opinion.

Not in this game for me. Zaha (at this point in time) has a huge tendency to give the ball away needlessly. At least with Valencia you know he's (currently) terrible, but efficient.

Latest