The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rags113
Honestly it kills me to keep seeing Kagawa on the bench and cleverley starting. I appreciate the positions are not quite the same and i'm not saying take one off for the other... It's time kagawa built his position and his partnership with RVP and Welbeck (if he learns to shoot)

In other news, please don't waste money on baines... Quality player but totally uneccesary. If we are, get fellaini in, top player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kagawa clearly isn't fit or on form if Moyes isn't playing him, seriously people need to stop thinking they know better than the manager who watches these players in training every day whereas they just see what they want to see on a match day.

Baines is probably a better option long term than Evra, I mean I can imagine we may even play Baines as a makeshift LM which I think he would do well as too. I think he would be a good addition, I expect we will get him and Fellaini by the deadline, maybe another CM as well.
Reply 9061
Not saying I know the job better than the manager... Kagawa has not played much since he joined us, barely a run. He was a top player in the bundesliga and I see no reason why he cannot be in our league. I'd love to see him play q few games at least.

I see your point as LM. All of our wing options are atrocious. Rather play Zaha then Valencia who has lost his form, or Nani... Where to begin with Nani...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rags113
Not saying I know the job better than the manager... Kagawa has not played much since he joined us, barely a run. He was a top player in the bundesliga and I see no reason why he cannot be in our league. I'd love to see him play q few games at least.

I see your point as LM. All of our wing options are atrocious. Rather play Zaha then Valencia who has lost his form, or Nani... Where to begin with Nani...

Posted from TSR Mobile

well the first part is just not true, before his injury he was eased into the first team by Sir Alex and after the injury he played quite a lot as well (he started several games and scored several goals even!), I agree he can be a top player for us, but I think if Moyes isn't playing him then he will have a reason, I mean, to an extent I think the whole Rooney thing hasn't helped because the pressure was on him to pick Wayne so that ruled out Kagawa playing in that role in the first two games to an extent anyway.

Young I thought was good in his first season with us, but last year he looked unfit and off form for us so unless he can get back to his best I can't see him staying with the club longer term, Valencia hopefully will find form again back at number 25, I mean 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 he was pretty good for us. Zaha I think will be a very good player. Nani, well if he stays and can find form then again I think he can be good, I think a lot of the problem for us is the injury problems our wingers and CM's have had of late which really hasn't helped their form, I imagine the players who can get fit and on form will stay and the ones that can't will leave.
Reply 9063
Original post by SciFiRory
well the first part is just not true, before his injury he was eased into the first team by Sir Alex and after the injury he played quite a lot as well (he started several games and scored several goals even!), I agree he can be a top player for us, but I think if Moyes isn't playing him then he will have a reason, I mean, to an extent I think the whole Rooney thing hasn't helped because the pressure was on him to pick Wayne so that ruled out Kagawa playing in that role in the first two games to an extent anyway.

Young I thought was good in his first season with us, but last year he looked unfit and off form for us so unless he can get back to his best I can't see him staying with the club longer term, Valencia hopefully will find form again back at number 25, I mean 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 he was pretty good for us. Zaha I think will be a very good player. Nani, well if he stays and can find form then again I think he can be good, I think a lot of the problem for us is the injury problems our wingers and CM's have had of late which really hasn't helped their form, I imagine the players who can get fit and on form will stay and the ones that can't will leave.

As I posted i realised rooney had to be played which leaves kagawa on the bench. Kagawa scored lots of goals in single games. I understand your idea of believing the manager and having faith... But I dont have much faith in Moyes YET. The man knocked my confidence by thinking he could even hope of signing Fabregas and his poor dealing with the press. As a coach, i'm sure he is top notch, though.

I have no hope for Nani. He had never looked decent for more than 3 games. He's got all that potential and a brain the size of a walnut. We shouldve shipped him off, nothing but a liability. Valencia was a top player but is a mere shadow of what he once was. It's getting so predictable and repetitive with him. Young... I like him and I always defend him. But he has done basically nothing apart from the arsenal goals...

As far as the transfer market goes, we could do with a CM. Fellaini would be good, but at the same time we can win the title with the current team too.

Imagine if Rio and Vidic stay fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rags113
As I posted i realised rooney had to be played which leaves kagawa on the bench. Kagawa scored lots of goals in single games. I understand your idea of believing the manager and having faith... But I dont have much faith in Moyes YET. The man knocked my confidence by thinking he could even hope of signing Fabregas and his poor dealing with the press. As a coach, i'm sure he is top notch, though.

I have no hope for Nani. He had never looked decent for more than 3 games. He's got all that potential and a brain the size of a walnut. We shouldve shipped him off, nothing but a liability. Valencia was a top player but is a mere shadow of what he once was. It's getting so predictable and repetitive with him. Young... I like him and I always defend him. But he has done basically nothing apart from the arsenal goals...

As far as the transfer market goes, we could do with a CM. Fellaini would be good, but at the same time we can win the title with the current team too.

Imagine if Rio and Vidic stay fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

the Fabregas deal we clearly had some inclination that he might have joined or we wouldn't have bid tbf. shame we didn't get him but no point dwelling on that forever. I actually think he's done well with the press myself but there you go.

agreed, a CM is definitely the main target if we are buying but improving other areas is never bad either imo.

best CB pairing in the league, possibly even in Europe still, if they both stay fit we will have a very very good season!
Reply 9065
Sorry to say, but Fabregas was NEVER going to happen. He didn't play much last season, but that's nothing. Might as well have bid for iniesta and xavi! It's as ridiculous add the papers saying arsenal will get ozil/Di maria/benzene. Competent unrealistic transfers. English clubs aren't as desirable destination as continental clubs.

He messed up when he suggested rooney will be played when RVP gets injured. And he made himself look a **** for criticising Martinez for not agreeing our pittance bid for baines and fellaini. I'd rather he didn't speak to the press i'd that's how he deals with things.

I wouldn't say the best in Europe, not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rags113
Sorry to say, but Fabregas was NEVER going to happen. He didn't play much last season, but that's nothing. Might as well have bid for iniesta and xavi! It's as ridiculous add the papers saying arsenal will get ozil/Di maria/benzene. Competent unrealistic transfers. English clubs aren't as desirable destination as continental clubs.

He messed up when he suggested rooney will be played when RVP gets injured. And he made himself look a **** for criticising Martinez for not agreeing our pittance bid for baines and fellaini. I'd rather he didn't speak to the press i'd that's how he deals with things.

I wouldn't say the best in Europe, not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rolleyes: come on, no way we would have bid if there wasn't at least a suggestion it could happen.

that's not even what he said if you listen to the full press conference, he said it was one role of many that Rooney could play...no he didn't, it was a reasonable bid the crap was on Martinez side as he is a mug if he thinks that Everton wouldn't accept a bid not that much higher for them, it's empty posturing from Everton cause they don't want to lose their best players.

who's better than a fit and on form Vidic and Ferdinand then?
Reply 9067
AM i really seeing this , u guys actually rate cleverly , dont get it twisted he is only there because he is english , he doesnt have one major attribuwhich can scare the opposition , imagine him in the Cl against the likes of dortmont or real .. WHAT MIDFIELD WILL BE DOMINATE?? ... I seriously prefer Anderson at the least ( ignoring his physical problems) Yes we did win convincingly but thats because our attack was on point not our midfield we were run down for long periods if u watched the match.

Am i the only one who thinks that Kagawa is underrated and is being slightly mistreated ?? If u actually put urself in his shoes he now knows he isnt going to play in his fav postion AMC as rooney is staying and moyes seems to think wellbeck / valencia /young are better than him in the wing position ?? If we had a big CF who scored headers then maybe good wingers for crosses but we need more crativity & movement and that is what Kagawa brings ??
Reply 9068
Transfers Transfers Transfers .... From out point of view it seems moyes is all over the place with the rash bids of players which are "interested" but wont move ( cesc , modric , lewan' now ozil ) and it seems all messy with the rumours of Bale and ronaldo which will HONESTLY would be a heaven sent blessing but very unlikely.. But we do know he wants bains and felleni , who will improthe 1st XL in both positions ... It would be very nice to get a dominant CM to control the games which is something carrick cant do on his own and cleverly cant do full stop .

It seems valencia has lost it honestly .. Show him left and follow his run and he is pratically ineffective , u know every time what he is going to do and he has lost his dominant strength to be honest , Young ? At least he can use both feet same as nani .. Someone said get rid of him in a previous comment but do u really want to lose the only spontanous player ( Bar Rvp) on the team ????
Reply 9069
I think its pretty obvious were either going to sign Baines and/or Fellaini or nobody at all in this transfer window.

Signing Baines would be completely pointless. Evra is a key player for us, especially in the dressing room. The guy can play 50-60 matches a season and still not get tired. Absolute beast.
The sad thing about this whole transfer window is the fact that we only need one player, either a quality CM or DM. That's it. No one else. Something we've been crying out for, for God knows how long. I mean how hard can it be to lure a quality midfielder with a club of our status? We can afford to buy/offer good wages, we can pretty much guarantee first team football, we're competitive in Europe and we're also one of the best clubs in the world. And yet....

I think we're jinxed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rags113
I have no hope for Nani. He had never looked decent for more than 3 games. He's got all that potential and a brain the size of a walnut.

Seriously disagree. Nani is the best winger this team has. I mean, he did win Player's player of the year in 2011. That was back when Sir Alex actually gave him games. Over the past year or so, Nani would get dropped after one bad game. Other players would have multiple bad games in a row and still get played. Nani is a confidence player and getting dropped after playing one bad game is not going to help. He's also had injury issues.

I see that there are rumours that Juventus are looking to buy him. I'll be pissed if he is sold. Our other wingers are not even close to being as talented as Nani. I really hope he stays and Moyes actually gives him a chance. Our current wing play is just dire.

Original post by rags113
English clubs aren't as desirable destination as continental clubs.

Depends on where the player is from. For southern Europeans and South American players, sure. We're still the top club for English talent, but there are no top quality CM's available that are English. I still refuse to believe that there are no quality CM's that would be willing to come to England.

Original post by ManL_Olu
AM i really seeing this , u guys actually rate cleverly , dont get it twisted he is only there because he is english , he doesnt have one major attribuwhich can scare the opposition , imagine him in the Cl against the likes of dortmont or real .. WHAT MIDFIELD WILL BE DOMINATE?? ... I seriously prefer Anderson at the least ( ignoring his physical problems) Yes we did win convincingly but thats because our attack was on point not our midfield we were run down for long periods if u watched the match.

If you had been reading this thread, you would know that the majority of people want a new player to come in. Cleverley had a good match against Chelsea, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't strengthen. Our midfield sometimes gets dominated by mid table teams in the league, so obviously it will get dominated by the best teams in Europe.

I thought Anderson would start over Cleverley, because Moyes played him more in pre-season. It's difficult to count on Anderson, because he's had trouble finishing 90 minutes and he gets injured for a couple months every season. If Anderson was fitter, he'd be a huge asset at CM. His ability to take the ball forward and dribble is something that Cleverley and Carrick don't offer.

Original post by ManL_Olu
Am i the only one who thinks that Kagawa is underrated and is being slightly mistreated ?? If u actually put urself in his shoes he now knows he isnt going to play in his fav postion AMC as rooney is staying and moyes seems to think wellbeck / valencia /young are better than him in the wing position ?? If we had a big CF who scored headers then maybe good wingers for crosses but we need more crativity & movement and that is what Kagawa brings ??

In fairness, two of our goals this season have come from crosses from Evra. This team likes to use the wings and cross a lot, even though we don't have a tall forward.

Kagawa would have been great against Chelsea. I don't like Young, but he actually did well when he came on. I guess Moyes wanted to keep a little bit of width in the team. We already had none on the left side. I didn't get the Giggs sub, though. He gets way too many appearances that could be going to Kagawa or other younger players.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz
I think its pretty obvious were either going to sign Baines and/or Fellaini or nobody at all in this transfer window.

Signing Baines would be completely pointless. Evra is a key player for us, especially in the dressing room. The guy can play 50-60 matches a season and still not get tired. Absolute beast.

I agree. Signing Baines would be a waste of £20mil. I would much rather that money go on Luke Shaw lol I've said it enough times, but I like think he's England's future LB. Regardless of what has been going on behind the scenes blah blah blah, Moyes has been horrendous this window. Though I criticise him heavily, I think we have to be fair to the guy and agree that he's only pretty much just got into the job and is still learning the ropes. Better learn them quickly...
Original post by SciFiRory
:rolleyes: come on, no way we would have bid if there wasn't at least a suggestion it could happen.

that's not even what he said if you listen to the full press conference, he said it was one role of many that Rooney could play...no he didn't, it was a reasonable bid the crap was on Martinez side as he is a mug if he thinks that Everton wouldn't accept a bid not that much higher for them, it's empty posturing from Everton cause they don't want to lose their best players.

who's better than a fit and on form Vidic and Ferdinand then?

It clearly wasn't going to happen, do you think barca are stupid enough to start the season with 4 midfielders for 3 positions, especially when one gets ice on his leg after every match now on his achilles. The second they lost thiago was when you guys had no chance of getting fabregas, you had a better chance of getting gundogan. Every man and his dog can see the bid was ridiculous, especially the value of the bid when you see that arsenal get 50% of the profit. Meaning for barca to even consider it you're looking at 45m at least.

28m for baines and fellaini a reasonable bid. That's a joke when one has a 24m release clause. Baines is worth 15m as the best LB in the prem the past 2 seasons and for fellaini's performances last season as an AM he's worth 20m.

Dante and badstuber, this isn't 2011 ferdinand's good but not as good as he was then, vidic is still a boss but dante and badstuber are the better duo.
Reply 9074
Fair enough. ... I agree we should invest in Luke shaw it would make much more sense ... Idont get why we couldnt lure modric , marchismo or any really good CM .. Worst window if we dont get no one ...and moyes ( as much as ilike giggs ) i agree is licking his ass which is understandable as he is new and "has" to include him in the dearby games , but that sub was confusing and ihope he doesnt over-rely on Rio and Giggs
Reply 9075
How do you think united will line up against Liverpool in the league cup?
Reply 9076
Original post by manu01
How do you think united will line up against Liverpool in the league cup?

It'll probably be full of first team fringe players, which is why, personally, I'm not happy with the draw, as it means we probably won't see Lingard, Januzaj etc. As it's a week day, it most likely won't be too strong anyway, I'd expect the big names to be rested for the weekend matches. I'd guess this:

Lindegaard; Jones, Smalling, Evans, Buttner/Fabio; Anderson, Giggs; Zaha, Kagawa, Welbeck' Hernandez

Subs could be something like M. Keane, Lingard, Januzaj, Powell and then some stronger first teamers, maybe Carrick, Rooney, Rio etc.
Original post by xDave-
It'll probably be full of first team fringe players, which is why, personally, I'm not happy with the draw, as it means we probably won't see Lingard, Januzaj etc.

Liverpool will probably play a really strong team (like they did v Notts), Suarez's first game back too I think.
Kagawa's agent on ESPN:

"Shinji will currently not be leaving Manchester United. He wants to fight for his place," agent Thomas Kroth said. "Because of the Confederations Cup, he did not have a full pre-season and therefore still has a training deficit. That's why he, until now, has won hardly any playing time."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/233659.html#dWxRjGQIpALqHK22.99
Reply 9079
The constant playing of Giggs is pissing me off, I love the guy but like what Scholes/Park did to Pogba I seriously think that players are going to get pissed of, I can see Kagawa/Januzaj pushing for a move if we barely use them, plus team rotation is crucial, I thought RVP was a little burned out during the second half of last season. Against Palace I want to see players like Kagawa/Nani starting and Hernandez getting time as well.

And United fans who prefer Valencia/Young to Nani should consider one thing, would Juve be interested in Valencia or Young anymore, Nani has showed great commitment for not pushing for a move as the club seem to have not cared if he went or not and big teams like PSG/Juve are interested.

Latest