The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't say anyone is having a knee-jerk reaction and already writing the season off but I don't believe there is anything harsh regarding Moyes' line-up, tactics and strategy for this match. I'm behind him and understand that he's been given the squad as it is as SAF did not alot to boost the midfield issues that were simmering for a few years before he went but for whatever reason, failed to adequately resolve it.

But I still expected to see and still hope to see, some new inventions and ideas from Moyes. This is his team now, and I hope that in time, he'd have the confidence to play players based on performances rather than reputation. Time is left in the transfer window but with other sides strengthening, if we had the same squad then no matter what, we'd have a tough season ahead of us, more so because SAF is not here.

Ozil is not what we need despite him being a brilliant player. He's not a deep lying midfielder that we need despite him having the technical ability and it'd send out a wrong message to Kagawa. Rooney if fit will play there, so Ozil wouldn't get major gametime in that position.

Fellaini, I'm not so sure is the type of player we need but willing to get him a chance. De Rossi would be amazing to lure away but can't see that happening and don't think we're willing to meet the clause of Herrera to get him to leave Bilbao.
Even though thought of Ozil going to Arsenal is extremely annoying, he isn't what we need. Kagawa can fulfil that number 10 role for us its just that Moyes is being a dick and not playing him. Its been said so many times before that. we need someone like Gundogan, Modric etc who would be a perfect partner for Carrick

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Ozil wasn't that good when Madrid played us last year, we have enough creative players tbh
Original post by member9876
Ozil wasn't that good when Madrid played us last year, we have enough creative players tbh

Ozil is one of the best CAM's in the world. In fact, I can't think of any better in the last 2-3 seasons.
Original post by Manchester United
Ozil is one of the best CAM's in the world. In fact, I can't think of any better in the last 2-3 seasons.

We need steel in midfield tbh, if kagawa was given time he could easily
Do what ozil does
Reply 9365
maybe this isnt an exact measure but if you look at the votes for the ballon d'or the only CAM/no 10 that was ahead of rooney was ozil.
Reply 9366
Original post by ledleyking123
not entirely sure where he could fit into arsenals system tbh?

Anywhere he wants.
Original post by member9876
We need steel in midfield tbh, if kagawa was given time he could easily
Do what ozil does

I agree, Kagawa could be a world-class CAM. However, I can't see him getting enough game-time unfortunately, as we seem to be stuck with having to use wingers/Giggs.
Original post by Cutmeloose
Wrong mentality, Manchester United need to evolve. Why stick with the notion of a static 4-4-2? It does not work with average wingers and against top teams.

Why wouldn't this work?

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick Cleverley

Ozil Rooney Kagawa

Van Persie

We don't NEED to play with wingers. That formation would work. We would be more fluid and cohesive in attack. Welbeck is ****, jokes that he was meant to be our most creative player today. Yet people are happy to seem him play week in week out.

Look at Chelsea, Mata, Oscar and Hazard all no.10s yet the system works..

Having only one 'creative player' in Rooney is where the buck stops.

I'm not sure why you think I'm happy with a basic 4-4-2. That's pretty much the opposite of what I want. Although, I highly doubt that the manager completely changes our style of play. I don't like our over reliance on average wingers, but that's where we are.

That formation is nice and it would have helped with the lack of creativity today, but I would still prefer Nani to be in it. The team needs at least one outlet. Chelsea have Hazard as their outlet. That team doesn't really have one. If Moyes is like Sir Alex and doesn't really trust Nani, I think he needs to go out and buy another skilful winger. We need at least one.

I believe that Cleverley should be replaced with a better player. Someone that is a little more creative and will pass it forward instead of sideways. For me, that is the most important signing we could make. Anything else would be nice, but it's not a necessity.

A new, creative central midfielder, Kagawa and Rooney should be able to provide enough creativity for this team. Add in Nani being able to draw in players, because of his pace and trickery, I don't see why we would have a huge problem beating most teams.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Manchester United
I agree, Kagawa could be a world-class CAM. However, I can't see him getting enough game-time unfortunately, as we seem to be stuck with having to use wingers/Giggs.

Giggs should come out and say I have had enough I want to
Retire
Reply 9370
When will we realise Nani doesn't deserve to be at man utd? He has no brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you the 'Bring Ronaldo Home' guy?
Reply 9372
@SkyBet
Fifteen minutes after opening the market on #Kagawa , PSG have moved in from 8/1 to evens to secure his signature tomorrow.
Reply 9373
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Are you the 'Bring Ronaldo Home' guy?

No...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9374
Original post by trickz
@SkyBet
Fifteen minutes after opening the market on #Kagawa , PSG have moved in from 8/1 to evens to secure his signature tomorrow.

If he goes, i'll cry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does our best winger not deserve to be at United? Although, calling him the best may not be high praise, because the others aren't great, he's still a very good player. He needs game time to get up to speed. When he was consistently played, he was one of the top players in the team.

Original post by trickz
@SkyBet

Well, that's not happening.

Kagawa already told Dortmund that he's staying here. I don't see why he would leave now. If the situation is still the same after this season ends, I could understand the speculation.
Reply 9377
Original post by NathanW18
How does our best winger not deserve to be at United? Although, calling him the best may not be high praise, because the others aren't great, he's still a very good player. He needs game time to get up to speed. When he was consistently played, he was one of the top players in the team.

The best of a bad bunch. Nani has always been a poor performer. There is no consistence in his performances. He had a good run a few years back, but has been worthless apart from that. I dont doubt his immense talent, boasis iut i massively doubt his ability to make the right decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9378
we were offered ozil but moyes didnt want him
Original post by Ggmu!
The best of a bad bunch. Nani has always been a poor performer. There is no consistence in his performances. He had a good run a few years back, but has been worthless apart from that. I dont doubt his immense talent, boasis iut i massively doubt his ability to make the right decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree, but if the manager thinks that, he needs to go out and buy a player like Nani. Maybe even two. If our game is going to be based on the wings, we have to at least have wingers that are good.

Latest