Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by tiffanycallysta
lol but i've read that lancaster has a great linguistics department
i'm in cartmel :tongue: far far away :headbang: oh yeah lol

Oh, all the way at the end of the campus! I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point during Freshers anyway :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Astonix
Oh, all the way at the end of the campus! I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point during Freshers anyway :biggrin:

see you there!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I've only just started to buy things :colondollar:

and can someone help me out with the email asking for action needed? My email is refusing to open it :mad: is it important?
Reply 503
Original post by HannahS95
Yeah it's crazy, whenever I told someone where I'd applied they assumed I wanted I go to Durham! Oh wow that's really cool! At our prom we had a magician coming round the tables and he was amazing, it's so clever! Ugh my teacher made maths even worse, he always insisted I was brilliant at it and i reaally wasn't at A2 :') haha I didn't realise I did that, oops! I was expecting it to be cold, but when you're inside all day doing writing up/lab work and you have to wear thermals under your normal clothes its just a liiiittle too chilly for my liking :') hahah I loved geology because my teacher was the nicest, but it wasn't always fun :') (cool pun :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, 'cause people always think that going to the most prestigious uni is the best choice - my mam kept going on about it with me :rolleyes: Really, that's quite cool! Hahaha, it was probably my physics teacher! :') Awwh, that sucks, especially with maths being hard enough most the time - what did he do that made it worse? I was lucky with my maths teacher, him and the physics teacher were besties and both pretty cool :biggrin: Wow, thermals while inside is crazy! I wore thermals outside one winter, and had to come back and change because i was too warm! It's just brilliant when you have a nice teacher, even when it's a bit boring :smile: (You'll be sick of my puns soon enough!)
Reply 504
Hm, is buying a purple card worth it? Does it actually get used?
Original post by JordanS94
I've only just started to buy things :colondollar:

and can someone help me out with the email asking for action needed? My email is refusing to open it :mad: is it important?

Unfortunately, yes. It probably has your username and password for pre-registration in it. You'll have to e-mail or phone them. :mad:
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Unfortunately, yes. It probably has your username and password for pre-registration in it. You'll have to e-mail or phone them. :mad:

I managed to get on after about 15 minutes and then I saw that my course was wrong and I don't even have this SLC yet :rolleyes: so I decided I'm going to tackle it tomorrow.
Reply 507
Original post by JordanS94
I managed to get on after about 15 minutes and then I saw that my course was wrong and I don't even have this SLC yet :rolleyes: so I decided I'm going to tackle it tomorrow.

Not a bad shout, been trying all day to do the second IT registration part but its been errors all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Reply 508
Original post by Orthrus
Yeah, 'cause people always think that going to the most prestigious uni is the best choice - my mam kept going on about it with me :rolleyes: Really, that's quite cool! Hahaha, it was probably my physics teacher! :') Awwh, that sucks, especially with maths being hard enough most the time - what did he do that made it worse? I was lucky with my maths teacher, him and the physics teacher were besties and both pretty cool :biggrin: Wow, thermals while inside is crazy! I wore thermals outside one winter, and had to come back and change because i was too warm! It's just brilliant when you have a nice teacher, even when it's a bit boring :smile: (You'll be sick of my puns soon enough!)

I know, my school was especially bad for it! Hahah maybs! although he probably wouldnt have come all the way to Leeds just to do a few tricks at a prom :wink: He just never explained anything properly, even when you asked him like one on one, and he always gave me inflated grades which is fine but its abit annoying because i knew i was never going to get an A* in maths, but it was like expected of me because of the grades he gave me :') It definitely is crazy! not at all fun. Think i was cold like 80% of the time when we were there! :') It definitely is! Makes the subject so much better (puns are the best what u talking bout)
Reply 509
I know, my school was especially bad for it! Hahah maybs! although he probably wouldnt have come all the way to Leeds just to do a few tricks at a prom :wink: He just never explained anything properly, even when you asked him like one on one, and he always gave me inflated grades which is fine but its abit annoying because i knew i was never going to get an A* in maths, but it was like expected of me because of the grades he gave me :') It definitely is crazy! not at all fun. Think i was cold like 80% of the time when we were there! :') It definitely is! Makes the subject so much better (puns are the best what u talking bout)

Hmmm, my school was just glad if you didn't fail for the most part :') Yeah, it's fine when you're showing your parents your grades or something, but awful once exams come along! And i get that maths is often a 'you're either talented at it, or you're not' kind of thing, but surely he should have been able to explain stuff :hmmm:
Hahah, well as someone who went out into the cold to go sledding with the other lads - where i learnt that Testosterone+sleds=bruises - i'd have probably found the cold okay :tongue:
(...Well, that settles it! I definitely made the right choice choosing County :') )
Reply 510
Does anyone know if we get a reading list? I'm doing Finance and Management and wondering if there are any books I can buy before I get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 511
Original post by Prendah
Hm, is buying a purple card worth it? Does it actually get used?

On their list of discounts it has 50% off orders when you spend more than £40 at Dominos Pizza, looks like I'll be saving £20 in my first week haha
Reply 512
Original post by Orthrus
Hmmm, my school was just glad if you didn't fail for the most part :') Yeah, it's fine when you're showing your parents your grades or something, but awful once exams come along! And i get that maths is often a 'you're either talented at it, or you're not' kind of thing, but surely he should have been able to explain stuff :hmmm:
Hahah, well as someone who went out into the cold to go sledding with the other lads - where i learnt that Testosterone+sleds=bruises - i'd have probably found the cold okay :tongue:
(...Well, that settles it! I definitely made the right choice choosing County :') )

Hahah wish my school was like that! At my school you werent worth jack unless you got 252459759 A*s and/or were going to oxbridge :') Yeah it was just so unrealistic! I actually wasnt that far off one in the end, but only because I resat one of my A2 modules! I know there have been alot of complaints about having only exams in summer, but it would've been better to sit both maths modules for the first time in summer for me, I didnt have long enough to learn it for January! (also I have a January birthday, so exams then are just poo) Yeah we had a sub in to teach us vectors and he actually explained things well, so i understood vectors! Well I go skiing so I should be used to the cold but I'm not! I'm one of those people who are usually cold :') (county is the best :wink: )
Reply 513
Hahah wish my school was like that! At my school you werent worth jack unless you got 252459759 A*s and/or were going to oxbridge :') Yeah it was just so unrealistic! I actually wasnt that far off one in the end, but only because I resat one of my A2 modules! I know there have been alot of complaints about having only exams in summer, but it would've been better to sit both maths modules for the first time in summer for me, I didnt have long enough to learn it for January! (also I have a January birthday, so exams then are just poo) Yeah we had a sub in to teach us vectors and he actually explained things well, so i understood vectors! Well I go skiing so I should be used to the cold but I'm not! I'm one of those people who are usually cold :') (county is the best :wink: )

See, i wish it was something like that here! In complete contrast, a few of my friends got £50 from the school for not failing photography and stuff -_- Yeah, i resat as well, i only did so well because AS seemed to have been a relative breeze for me :lol: Haha, see, i have a june birthday so i really, really hated the timing of the maths exams this year - i think the C3 resit was the day after mine :angry: But yeah, i was so not ready in january!
Skiing? You really should have been used to it then! But in your defense, people always tell me that i kind of radiate heat when out in the cold, so maybe that's why i'm so okay with the cold :') (But to be honest, we're kinda biased towards thinking that!)
Reply 514
Original post by Orthrus
Even without the hundreds of applications i lost track so long ago - i get a nice surprise every time i get an email from companies i'd forgotten about!
Oh, i thought the grunting was always compulsory :lol:
Yeah, i plan on trying a load of new stuff, even non-robin hood-y stuff :tongue: So other than archery and kayaking (where would you actually kayak?), what are you planning on joining?

I can imagine how amazing it must feel to get an email rejecting you from a job you forgot you even replied too :rolleyes:

I'd imagine with kayaking theres a river or lake nearby but I think they practice in the pool at first. Although I'm not looking forward to having to learn the rolly thing where you capsize and have to stay in the kayak and roll the right way up. So I might try rowing instead although I'm not very tall so I'm hoping I will still be able to do that. I want to do some different things that you don't normally get the chance to do but I'm not sure what, maybe climbing or something strange. And an art society so I keep up with drawing naked people :colondollar: What about you?
Reply 515
Original post by Orthrus
See, i wish it was something like that here! In complete contrast, a few of my friends got £50 from the school for not failing photography and stuff -_- Yeah, i resat as well, i only did so well because AS seemed to have been a relative breeze for me :lol: Haha, see, i have a june birthday so i really, really hated the timing of the maths exams this year - i think the C3 resit was the day after mine :angry: But yeah, i was so not ready in january!
Skiing? You really should have been used to it then! But in your defense, people always tell me that i kind of radiate heat when out in the cold, so maybe that's why i'm so okay with the cold :') (But to be honest, we're kinda biased towards thinking that!)

You seriously don't though! Just makes you feel like you're never good enough for the school :') I think I had just managed to get the hang of it abit better by June :') I'd of hated to have a summer birthday, waiting until January to turn 18 seemed long enough to me! Yeah I really should but I'm not at all :') But then when I go skiing I do wear lots of layers so :') (I am not biased at all, everyone knows its a fact :wink: )
Original post by katie55
I want to do some different things that you don't normally get the chance to do but I'm not sure what, maybe climbing or something strange.

I would strongly recommend climbing, it is such a fun sport. I have a friend who was the social sec last year for the club, and they say that the chancellor, who is a climber, joins them sometimes to climb and trips out. The wall there looks so good, it was one of the reasons of applying to lancaster (all my unis happened to have a climbing wall) :smile: I'm quite and outdoorsy and adventurous person so might see the there for some of the clubs
Reply 517
Random question, but what are people doing in terms of decorating rooms?
Reply 518
Original post by katie55
I can imagine how amazing it must feel to get an email rejecting you from a job you forgot you even replied too :rolleyes:

I'd imagine with kayaking theres a river or lake nearby but I think they practice in the pool at first. Although I'm not looking forward to having to learn the rolly thing where you capsize and have to stay in the kayak and roll the right way up. So I might try rowing instead although I'm not very tall so I'm hoping I will still be able to do that. I want to do some different things that you don't normally get the chance to do but I'm not sure what, maybe climbing or something strange. And an art society so I keep up with drawing naked people :colondollar: What about you?

It's fine, they're missing out on me if anything! I didn't even want to work in any of those 3 asda positions anyway... :rolleyes:

I remember doing that capsize thing at a kayaking club a few years back - i honestly thought my instructor was going mad :tongue: sounds like you're quite keen on water sports? You know, other than climbing and... Wait, "keep up with drawing naked people"?! :eek:

Hmm, i think i want a cool new thing that i've never done before like sailing or mountaineeing, maybe try for football or cricket to keep me fit, and a nerdy one to connect to my inner nerd :')
Reply 519
You seriously don't though! Just makes you feel like you're never good enough for the school :') I think I had just managed to get the hang of it abit better by June :') I'd of hated to have a summer birthday, waiting until January to turn 18 seemed long enough to me! Yeah I really should but I'm not at all :') But then when I go skiing I do wear lots of layers so :') (I am not biased at all, everyone knows its a fact :wink: )

Awh, bless you, when you say that i imagine the week of A2 when i was sat next to this crazy gifted AS kid in maths... I've never felt so slow in my life :lol:
It's harder when everyone's going out and going 'oh, you should come along *when* you turn 18' -_- Otherwise, i didn't really notice amidst exams and stuff
Hahaha, and you call yourself a northerner? :rolleyes: (3 weeks to arrival and college patriotism is already setting in :tongue:)

Original post by belle11
Random question, but what are people doing in terms of decorating rooms?

Officially, just fancy bedding, and photos to put up on the corkboard!

But between you and me, i got some white tac for posters that i've tried out around my house's walls :shh:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending