On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Where'sPerry?
You can only take them if you're a humanities student, right?

I think so, yeah. It would be good if they were available to everyone though.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Imog
I think so, yeah. It would be good if they were available to everyone though.

I agree, I'd have loved the opportunity to do language modules!
Reply 762
how many people are getting master pass, i hope im not the only one :O
I agree, I'd have loved the opportunity to do language modules!

No, lifelong learning courses are for everyone, not just humanities students!

Over 12 weeks, they do 2hr/wk evening classes for £180 and 1hr/wk lunchtime courses for £70. All classes based at Avenue Campus.

Apply by 19 Sept coz that's their cut-off date to see if a class is viable to run or not.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/lifelonglearning/modern_languages/index.page?
Original post by coolster1
No, lifelong learning courses are for everyone, not just humanities students!

Over 12 weeks, they do 2hr/wk evening classes for £180 and 1hr/wk lunchtime courses for £70. All classes based at Avenue Campus.

Apply by 19 Sept coz that's their cut-off date to see if a class is viable to run or not.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/lifelonglearning/modern_languages/index.page?

Thank you for this! Will definitely look into it :smile:
Regarding choosing optional modules (just had the email today), if I want to do a language do I just select LANGXX15 and then whichever other one I want? How do I specify the language I want to do?
Reply 766
Original post by mikeorchard
Regarding choosing optional modules (just had the email today), if I want to do a language do I just select LANGXX15 and then whichever other one I want? How do I specify the language I want to do?

You might have sorted this by now, but you just choose the option for languages and then it will let you choose which language when you continue on to the next part of the form. :smile:
Original post by Imog
You might have sorted this by now, but you just choose the option for languages and then it will let you choose which language when you continue on to the next part of the form. :smile:

Yeah I figured it out thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
On the timetables, if it says P after the module name, does this mean it is a practical?

One of mine says P/02 after the module
How do you apply for the £300 entitlement card? Anybody know if we can already?

Original post by Lionheartat20

I thought it was in the online enrolment.
It gave us the option to opt into the scheme and then we automatically get them as long as we put yes.
I might be wrong though so don't quote me on that =S

I've got a bit of a silly question to ask everyone. Does anyone know when our normal timetable commences?
On my ucas application when I was applying and student finance and everything, it always said it was the 1st of October. So booked that week off of work. But the key dates link on SUSSED says it starts on the 26th of September?
Lol, I don't want to miss my first days!
Original post by EmilyT1994
It gave us the option to opt into the scheme and then we automatically get them as long as we put yes.

I've got a bit of a silly question to ask everyone. Does anyone know when our normal timetable commences?
On my ucas application when I was applying and student finance and everything, it always said it was the 1st of October. So booked that week off of work. But the key dates link on SUSSED says it starts on the 26th of September?
Lol, I don't want to miss my first days!

Normal timetable should start on the 30th I think.

Thanks for answering :smile: Apart from selecting an option on enrolment, is there any way at all to check whether we have signed up / or able to use it? I'm sure I signed up, just no actual paper-trail to say so :smile:
Original post by Lionheartat20

You 'apply' for this upon enrolment. Unless you specifically opted-out for it, then as long as you've completed your enrolment OK, then you should have already applied for it :smile:

Also, it's only for UK/EU students.
Reply 774
Original post by siric
Hey everyone! I'm Siri

Are you the same Siri that's on my iPhone?
Original post by 1platinum
Normal timetable should start on the 30th I think.

Yes. You'll have enrolment/introduction sessions starting on the 26th though. They're in the welcome timetables here:

http://www.welcometimetables.southampton.ac.uk/
Original post by mikeorchard
Yes. You'll have enrolment/introduction sessions starting on the 26th though. They're in the welcome timetables here:

http://www.welcometimetables.southampton.ac.uk/

Is it at all possible to have inductions before that?
Mine is all on Tuesday the 24th.
But if that's right, I only need to go to that and then my first day is the 1st?
Thanks for your help =)

Lionheart - I didn't get any confirmation with mine. I think you'll probably have to wait until you get there. I don't know what department you'd have to contact, but you could always phone and see if anyone knows? They might let you change it if you haven't put down the right bit too if you get in there early =)
On the timetable the only sessions you have to go to are with the red circles. If they're on Tuesday then I guess that's when your induction starts. Term officially starts on the 26th though. That's also the date we get our first student finance installment.

Also, I can't remember there being a tickbox for the entitlement this year. There was last year.
Is it at all possible to have inductions before that?
Mine is all on Tuesday the 24th.
But if that's right, I only need to go to that and then my first day is the 1st?
Thanks for your help =)

I think your first day should be the 30th. UCAS said my course started on the 1st too, but I have lectures timetabled for the Monday of week 1 :dontknow:
I think your first day should be the 30th. UCAS said my course started on the 1st too, but I have lectures timetabled for the Monday of week 1 :dontknow:

Geology is exactly the same, UCAS said the course is due to start on the 1st, but i checked the welcome week timetable and there is a sort of introduction thing as far as i can tell on the 26th at the NOC, then my first week starts on the 30th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending