The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Who's going to the University of West London in 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Huma_A
Sounds like a lot of missing out tbh. I'm in 2 minds, I'll decide by tomorrow morning on what I want to do about coming in. Do you have any idea why time we finish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true. You can make up your mind then. How long does it take for you to travel there or are you living in halls? I don't know when we finish but I think it could vary around 2-4 hours.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 181
Original post by Zara!
That's true. You can make up your mind then. How long does it take for you to travel there or are you living in halls? I don't know when we finish but I think it could vary around 2-4 hours.

It takes me upto 2 hours on the underground, it's not a long off journey but I'm still getting used to London's underground rush lol. I think I'm not gonna come, & ill probably ring in on Friday asking about any lessons next week :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by lola69
What's happening tomorrow? Feel like I'm missing out on so much =(

Are you unable to attend tomorrow? Basically, we were told that all the important stuff like getting the timetable happens tomorrow. I heard that you can get it by logging in but I am not sure since I haven't tried that yet.
Reply 183
Original post by Huma_A
It takes me upto 2 hours on the underground, it's not a long off journey but I'm still getting used to London's underground rush lol. I think I'm not gonna come, & ill probably ring in on Friday asking about any lessons next week :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am unfamiliar with travelling by train, I admit but I probably will start commuting by train after a little while. 2 hours isn't too bad actually. For me, it would be around an hour. LOL, the underground rush sounds like something you need to get accustomed to. I will too. I think we start our lessons officially next week but it could just be one. I believe that would work out fine. :smile: It saves you 4 hours of travel and expenses that go along with it.
Reply 184
Original post by Zara!
I am unfamiliar with travelling by train, I admit but I probably will start commuting by train after a little while. 2 hours isn't too bad actually. For me, it would be around an hour. LOL, the underground rush sounds like something you need to get accustomed to. I will too. I think we start our lessons officially next week but it could just be one. I believe that would work out fine. :smile: It saves you 4 hours of travel and expenses that go along with it.

Tbh I rarely ever travelled on public transport cos I was always lazy in manchester & now the underground always makes me wanna ask my mum for a lift but then I know her reply would be somewhat along the lines of she doesn't mind dropping me off but I should start getting used to University life here in hectic london. & Yeah that's true :smile: saves time- I think I'll check online tomorrow - to see if I can find the timetable anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by Huma_A
Tbh I rarely ever travelled on public transport cos I was always lazy in manchester & now the underground always makes me wanna ask my mum for a lift but then I know her reply would be somewhat along the lines of she doesn't mind dropping me off but I should start getting used to University life here in hectic london. & Yeah that's true :smile: saves time- I think I'll check online tomorrow - to see if I can find the timetable anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do find a timetable online please could you let me know?
=)
Reply 186
Original post by lola69
If you do find a timetable online please could you let me know?
=)

Yep I will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Original post by Huma_A

Timetables won't be up yet, but if you check on my registry, some of your modules may have times available.. So you have a rough idea of what times your lectures will be
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 188
I'm going today to get the timetable. I'll take a pic of it and send it to you if you want to (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by Sara14
I'm going today to get the timetable. I'll take a pic of it and send it to you if you want to (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youu =)
Reply 190
Original post by lola69
Thank youu =)

Heyyyy were you there today? Psychology?
Reply 191
Original post by Huma_A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you live in Manchester then? I ask my dad for lifts but he would respond like that as well, and he has work commitments too so I am not sure if I can get lifts all the time. I am very lazy and I am not a fan of public transport. I used to travel by a mix of car and bus before. It's good that you saved time from going today. I didn't get all the details written down but all I know is that our first lecture is next Tuesday at 11 in GO3. We have to go in on Wednesday and Thursday too. However, I am not aware of what time we start and finish. I'll look online to see if more details are up.
Reply 192
Original post by Zara!
Do you live in Manchester then? I ask my dad for lifts but he would respond like that as well, and he has work commitments too so I am not sure if I can get lifts all the time. I am very lazy and I am not a fan of public transport. I used to travel by a mix of car and bus before. It's good that you saved time from going today. I didn't get all the details written down but all I know is that our first lecture is next Tuesday at 11 in GO3. We have to go in on Wednesday and Thursday too. However, I am not aware of what time we start and finish. I'll look online to see if more details are up.

I used to live there but always been used to that quiet kind of life. Moved here like over 10 years ago but people still say i have an accent that doesn't say i moved that long ago lol. They feel my accent is only getting stronger but i think it's cos my entire family including grandparents are from manchester hence the impact they have on me.
Thanks! Yeah I've not checked yet but will see if i can get anything more there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by Zahra333
Heyyyy were you there today? Psychology?

Huma and Lola didn't come in today. Where were you sitting during the introduction up in 119? Are you going straight into year 1 or are you doing a foundation year too? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by Sara14
Huma and Lola didn't come in today. Where were you sitting during the introduction up in 119? Are you going straight into year 1 or are you doing a foundation year too? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah unforuntatly I'm stuck over in northern Ireland until the 21st when I move into halls =( oh and just to say my names Sarah although my friends call me Lola just in case it causes any confusion on the Tuesday =p yeah I'm weird like that =p
Reply 195
Original post by lola69
Yeah unforuntatly I'm stuck over in northern Ireland until the 21st when I move into halls =( oh and just to say my names Sarah although my friends call me Lola just in case it causes any confusion on the Tuesday =p yeah I'm weird like that =p

The more Sara(h)'s the better.. Even though my way of spelling it is the superior way :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Original post by Sara14
The more Sara(h)'s the better.. Even though my way of spelling it is the superior way :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah I Ike the way sarahs spelt without the h. My dad just named me after my great grandmother who's name has spelt with the h. =)
Reply 197
Original post by Sara14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey oh ok :smile: yes I was there today and i'm going into straight into year one wbu? xxx
Reply 198
Original post by Zahra333
Hey oh ok :smile: yes I was there today and i'm going into straight into year one wbu? xxx

I'm doing foundation year. That's what I get for not getting my grades up last year :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Original post by Sara14
I'm doing foundation year. That's what I get for not getting my grades up last year :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha dont worry it's good atleast you get a taste of what you will be doing before you actually start, I have no clue about psychology , do you have facebook? xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending