The Student Room Group

How to look my age?

Hellooo, again!

Frequent thread maker, I know :yep:

Basically, im really short anyway, so people mistake me for being about 12 (if im lucky), when im 17!

Been told I have a baby face? Not sure though, since I don't really have any cheeks!
I guess I don't dress like a 17 year old should?
Since I'm a child at heart, I don't really 'act' 17 either

Any suggestions on looking, acting, dressing my age please?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do a Texas Chainsaw massacre and wear the faces of other people. Ta-da.

Fabulous.
Makeup! If you want to look older, you could try contouring. If you want, PM me a photo of your face and I'll turn it into a contouring diagram for you
Like Tyrion said, make-up can be very helpful. However apply it properly as if you overdo it then you can end up looking much younger, like a child playing dress up haha :tongue:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Makeup! If you want to look older, you could try contouring. If you want, PM me a photo of your face and I'll turn it into a contouring diagram for you

Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Like Tyrion said, make-up can be very helpful. However apply it properly as if you overdo it then you can end up looking much younger, like a child playing dress up haha :tongue:

Hi, guys!

Thank you, thank you, I really needed this! I cannot for the life of me, know how to wear make up! :frown: Help please? And Tyrion, will take you up on that request! But, how do you attach photos to PMs?

Don't really have much make up though, just mascara, eyeliner (both liquid and pencil), some lippy, eyeshadow, blush and foundation. Well, that is a lot actually :tongue: I mean, I don't have concealer or all these other things
Original post by nivvy21
Hi, guys!

Thank you, thank you, I really needed this! I cannot for the life of me, know how to wear make up! :frown: Help please? And Tyrion, will take you up on that request! But, how do you attach photos to PMs?

Don't really have much make up though, just mascara, eyeliner (both liquid and pencil), some lippy, eyeshadow, blush and foundation. Well, that is a lot actually :tongue: I mean, I don't have concealer or all these other things

There is a little opotion at the top that says attach image :smile: For contouring, you just need a foundation 2+ shades darker than your skin
Reply 6
It'll pay off, just ride it out.
There is a little opotion at the top that says attach image :smile: For contouring, you just need a foundation 2+ shades darker than your skin

Hmm, I cant actually tell if its 2 shades darker :s-smilie: I think its lighter (its called Honey glow)
Original post by nivvy21
Hmm, I cant actually tell if its 2 shades darker :s-smilie: I think its lighter (its called Honey glow)

You need 2, one normal one and one darker :smile:
You need 2, one normal one and one darker :smile:

Will go buy some tomorrow then and I still cant find the attach button :s-smilie: I tried clicking on attach picture, but its asks for a url
I have a similar problem, people mistake me for 15 when I'm actually 18. I've found that, besides make-up and clothes, straightening, curling or dying your hair (though not healthy) and gaining a few pounds can make quite a difference. Younger kids tendencially wear their hair just as it is and look ridiculous in adult clothes because they don't have the adequate body proportions.
Original post by nivvy21
Will go buy some tomorrow then and I still cant find the attach button :s-smilie: I tried clicking on attach picture, but its asks for a url

There's a button when you click, press from computer
Reply 12
Original post by nivvy21
Hi, guys!

Yep makeup is the way forward. Plus also do things with your hair e.g. Wear it up etc as young girls tend to not do anything interesting. As for clothing, aire on the side of formal over casual. I know someone shorter than you who does these things and looks her age :smile:
Original post by nivvy21
Hi, guys!

If you are unsure on what kind of make-up suits you/your skin tone then maybe book an appointment or turn up to those makeup counters at big department stores like Selfridges and Debenhams as many brands do free make-up a make-over sessions where they show you what kind of foundation/lipstick etc. suits your skin tone. Can be really helpful if you are a beginner in wearing makeup and many places do this for free. I went to the MAC section in Selfridges a couple of years ago for my prom makeup and they were very helpful and showed me what kind of foundation and colours suit my skin tone :smile:
There's a button when you click, press from computer

Really sorry, will just upload a pic on to my profile into an album
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by geoking
Yep makeup is the way forward. Plus also do things with your hair e.g. Wear it up etc as young girls tend to not do anything interesting. As for clothing, aire on the side of formal over casual. I know someone shorter than you who does these things and looks her age :smile:

Yeah, make sense, thank you! Although, if I do tie it up, I have to cover my ears :s-smilie:
Original post by nivvy21
Really, sorry, will just upload a pic on to my profile into an album

It's okay :smile: Message me when you've done it
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
If you are unsure on what kind of make-up suits you/your skin tone then maybe book an appointment or turn up to those makeup counters at big department stores like Selfridges and Debenhams as many brands do free make-up a make-over sessions where they show you what kind of foundation/lipstick etc. suits your skin tone. Can be really helpful if you are a beginner in wearing makeup and many places do this for free. I went to the MAC section in Selfridges a couple of years ago for my prom makeup and they were very helpful and showed me what kind of foundation and colours suit my skin tone :smile:

Ill do that soon, thank you!
Reply 18
Original post by nivvy21

You really are 12.

Just joking :biggrin:
Original post by bonfire_heart
I have a similar problem, people mistake me for 15 when I'm actually 18. I've found that, besides make-up and clothes, straightening, curling or dying your hair (though not healthy) and gaining a few pounds can make quite a difference. Younger kids tendencially wear their hair just as it is and look ridiculous in adult clothes because they don't have the adequate body proportions.

Im pretty sure I have adequate body proportions :tongue:

Thanks for all the tips though! Cant really think of many hairstyles though, as I have to cover my ears :s-smilie:

Original post by Ggmu!
It'll pay off, just ride it out.

Ride it out? But, but ill look like a pre-teen at uni this year!

Original post by Nerd2
You really are 12.

Just joking :biggrin:

Gee, thanks! No, im just tech incompetent!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending