The Student Room Group

How to deal with feeling unlovable?

I'm not a fan of parties, crowded places, things generally extroverted people do. I hear guys at my age (20) who talk about experiences, girls, exes... literally everything and i feel like a loser every time.

Also physically, losing my hair does't help and that really feels like a major defect that can't be loved by any girl. I don't know, I see guys who I think are more or less as beautiful as me who are engaged, but in a certain sense I can't see myself as attractive (physically and temperamentally) as them... even if I cultivate my interests (cinema and art) and I go to the gym to feel better about myself.
it sounds like you really need to love yourself a bit more before you try to look for someone else. someone who understands that will not care about how your hair looks, but rather look at that and how it's impacted your confidence etc and compare it to your personality when they meet you and see how far you've come. I would put more time into your hobbies that you mentioned as they cultivate your mind over anything. don't compare yourself to your peers of similar age, you're all running your own races and you'll meet someone when the time is right. you never know, they may end up realising that they made decisions too early, or they didn't actually pay attention to their own health before pouring all their love onto someone else. at the end of the day, good for them, but don't forget to give yourself a bit of credit to your own progress now and then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending