The Student Room Group

Age requirement to test drive an Audi A1

Is there a minimum age you have to be in order to test drive an A1?
Original post by S6991
Is there a minimum age you have to be in order to test drive an A1?

As long as you sit down, go through the spiel and convince them there is a good chance you will buy it, I can't see why age would be a factor.
Reply 2
With younger people they'll sometimes say an older person can drive it with you sat in the passenger seat.
Reply 3
18 for most car dealerships. We did test drive the Audi A3 but was told as the driver is only 18 that their insurance doesn't allow testing of cars that are more than 1.6l or more than 120hp. The same rules applies to Volvos as well.
Reply 4
They let me have a Q3 for a whole week.
Reply 5
Original post by Clip
They let me have a Q3 for a whole week.

how???????????
:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by decgreen
how???????????
:s-smilie:

Went and said I was interested in a Q3 and they asked if I wanted a test drive. I said ok, and they delivered me a Q3 for the week. Clearly I must dress well or something.
Reply 7
Original post by Clip
Went and said I was interested in a Q3 and they asked if I wanted a test drive. I said ok, and they delivered me a Q3 for the week. Clearly I must dress well or something.

How old were you?
Reply 8
How old were you?

Reply 9
Original post by Clip

would they do that for an 18 y/o?
Reply 10

Hahahahahahahahaha. You cannot be serious??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Not a hope in hell, no Audi dealer is going to believe you're going to buy one new.
Reply 12

Depends on who your daddy is obviously.
Reply 13

Now that you mention it, I did have to fill in an insurance form which had either 21 or 25 min age on it.
Reply 14
I went into a VW dealer the other week and were more than happy to let me drive a 2.0l Scirocco. They did ask me how I was going to fund it though and I said I won a 30k bet, he bought it.

I'm 19 by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Depends what car you turn up in to be honest, I got to drive a Nismo 350z at 19 when I pulled up in my Silvia... I was only there because I was dropping a mate off...
Probable could but the sales staff can be quite snobby at times. My uncle went into Mercedes looking to test drive an S500 but the sales guy was being a **** about it, never bought a Mercedes since.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending