The Student Room Group
Original post by ssargithan
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone did the RO Programme, which is partnered with 15 leading Universities. If you did, what courses did you apply, and did you get a lower offer?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm not an RO mentee, but I do know a thing or two about the programme. Essentially, the situation is different at different unis and for different courses.

Unis that will give you an alternative offer for all courses: Goldsmith's, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester
Unis that will give you an alternative offer for some courses: Birmingham, Bristol, Essex, Exeter, Leicester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Sussex and York. If you want to find out what courses will give you an alternative offer at different unis, you'll need to ask the RO central team.
Kings only gives an alternative offer for their extended medical degree programme, and Warwick doesn't do any alternative offers at all.

By alternative offer, I mean a uni that gives an offer that's up to 40 UCAS points / 2 A Level grades / equivalent lower than normal. Some unis will do other things too e.g. GCSE waivers and guaranteed interviews.

Are you doing RO this year?
Original post by Origami Bullets
Hi,

I'm not an RO mentee, but I do know a thing or two about the programme. Essentially, the situation is different at different unis and for different courses.

Unis that will give you an alternative offer for all courses: Goldsmith's, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester
Unis that will give you an alternative offer for some courses: Birmingham, Bristol, Essex, Exeter, Leicester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Sussex and York. If you want to find out what courses will give you an alternative offer at different unis, you'll need to ask the RO central team.
Kings only gives an alternative offer for their extended medical degree programme, and Warwick doesn't do any alternative offers at all.

By alternative offer, I mean a uni that gives an offer that's up to 40 UCAS points / 2 A Level grades / equivalent lower than normal. Some unis will do other things too e.g. GCSE waivers and guaranteed interviews.

Yep :biggrin: asked Bristol and they said they will lower 2 grades :smile: you doing it?
Original post by ssargithan
Yep :biggrin: asked Bristol and they said they will lower 2 grades :smile: you doing it?

That's great news for you :smile: Definitely a scheme that's worth participating in :yep:
Original post by Origami Bullets
Hi,

Hi I was looking at this programme and was wondering if it is only applicable to students in year 12 who are about to apply? I am taking a gap year and am eligible for the programme but was wondering if my school had to sort the programme out for me and if it was too late for me to apply for it?
Original post by Teddysmith123
Hi I was looking at this programme and was wondering if it is only applicable to students in year 12 who are about to apply? I am taking a gap year and am eligible for the programme but was wondering if my school had to sort the programme out for me and if it was too late for me to apply for it?

As far as I'm aware, they will only accept Y12 students, but you can always double check.

You might like to have a look at other alternative schemes - some may still take you e.g. Access to Leeds (and check with your local uni too).
How did u join n what school year did u join it in
Reply 7
Did anyone actually get an offer of two grades under the normal entry requirements? Or can they just offer like one grade drop instead?
I'm doing that now, I hope it does help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I applied to Goldsmiths. Their offer was BBB but RO changed it to BCC. Strange thing is I emailed RO central team after my application as I forgot to properly mention that I took part in RO. Now on my offer it says BCC. It doesn't say 'subject to conditions of completing RO'.
Reply 10
I applied to Goldsmiths. Their offer was BBB but RO changed it to BCC. Strange thing is I emailed RO central team after my application as I forgot to properly mention that I took part in RO. Now on my offer it says BCC. It doesn't say 'subject to conditions of completing RO'.

Latest

Trending

Trending