The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants and Universities 2014!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HelveticaBold
Really? That's a bit pessimistic coming from a tutor. Well then I'm glad you had proof. :biggrin: I put in extracts of my two films so it was only 2 minutes 30 seconds and also put some stills in the portfolio just in case. I wouldn't really mind if they hadn't watched all of it, as long as they got the gist of what it was.

Afraid I don't know when Goldsmiths start making decisions, but their interviews tend to run into April so they might take a bit longer.
I still don't know what my second choice is. I keep moving between Goldsmiths, Kingston and Brighton. I think Goldsmiths is edging it though. :smile:

I don't think he was being pessimistic, just realistic! Trying not to get our hopes up as it's very difficult to get an interview even if your work is good enough :frown:

I keep checking my emails every 2 minutes! this is too stressful!! :tongue:
Original post by WhoKnew107
I don't think he was being pessimistic, just realistic! Trying not to get our hopes up as it's very difficult to get an interview even if your work is good enough :frown:

I keep checking my emails every 2 minutes! this is too stressful!! :tongue:

I suppose, but the whole point of the inspection is to look at your work. I guess if they don't like what they see in the portfolio, they won't bother with the film. Slade have said they reject a lot of people they would like to take, even at the interview stage. :frown:

I know, I keep looking now even though it's Saturday. :rolleyes:
Reply 62
Original post by AndyHoccom
Bizarrely enough I do feel okay about it :smile: I don't get nervous very often haha. What about you?

It's not bizarre haha I'm cool with it, it's my work and I'm pretty confident talking about it; it's whether they like it or not. Waiting for the Slade is a agonising though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by WesChains
It's not bizarre haha I'm cool with it, it's my work and I'm pretty confident talking about it; it's whether they like it or not. Waiting for the Slade is a agonising though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think most people can struggle talking about their work but I don't mind it haha I have to do it everyday at college. I've heard about the Slade, they're taking their sweet ass time :')
Reply 64
Has anyone heard back from st martins? I sent off my digi port folio on the 31st and I've still not heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from st martins? I sent off my digi port folio on the 31st and I've still not heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know some people who have heard back from CSM (some interviews, some rejections), but plenty haven't, so you're not alone. I'm yet to hear from Chelsea, but I've actually decided I really don't wan't to go there now. :smile:
Reply 66
I know some people who have heard back from CSM (some interviews, some rejections), but plenty haven't, so you're not alone. I'm yet to hear from Chelsea, but I've actually decided I really don't wan't to go there now. :smile:

Yeah I haven't heard from CSM either :frown:

But tbh I just want to hear from the slade! Even if it's a rejection, I just want to know haha
Reply 67
I made the mistake of visiting the Slade again after my drop off and talking to the students and falling in love with it again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I made the mistake of visiting the Slade again after my drop off and talking to the students and falling in love with it again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I visited Goldsmiths for the Open day it felt perfect. Its just such a great place and I'd hate to not get in haha
Reply 69

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel :frown:

Have you got an online portfolio I could see? I love looking at everyone's work :smile: I'll send a pm link to mine as well if you like
Reply 70

Why so anti-Chelsea?
Reply 71

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, found out on friday that i have a portfolio inspection/possible interview on the 6th of march. Loads of people I know have yet to hear though, wouldn't worry about it!

Also, do you have an online portfolio you wouldn't mind linking privately? (No worries if not) as I love seeing other people's work!
Why so anti-Chelsea?

Oh, I'm certainly not anti-Chelsea. :smile: It think it's a fantastic course and they have really great facilities, which is why I applied. I just can't see myself there. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be happy there, and it's not something I can explain (or I'm just really bad at explaining). :rolleyes:

I'd also love to see your work if you'd you wouldn't mind sending me a link (if you have one). I've posted mine on the Slade stalking page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/slade_school_of_art_applicants_stalking_page_2014_entry
Reply 73
Oh, I'm certainly not anti-Chelsea. :smile: It think it's a fantastic course and they have really great facilities, which is why I applied. I just can't see myself there. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be happy there, and it's not something I can explain (or I'm just really bad at explaining). :rolleyes:

I'd also love to see your work if you'd you wouldn't mind sending me a link (if you have one). I've posted mine on the Slade stalking page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/slade_school_of_art_applicants_stalking_page_2014_entry

Fair enough, i find it very similar to Plymouth college of art where I am now, just far far better. That's the feeling I got from Goldsmiths, I just knew I didn't want to go there.
Fair enough, i find it very similar to Plymouth college of art where I am now, just far far better. That's the feeling I got from Goldsmiths, I just knew I didn't want to go there.

Yeah, I know quite a few people who feel that way about Goldsmiths. I really loved it at the open day, but now I keep going back and forth. :s-smilie:
I know someone who got a rejection from Slade.
So it begins... :frown:
Reply 76
I know someone who got a rejection from Slade.
So it begins... :frown:

Yep I got rejected too!

Oh well.. Feeling gutted but I keep reminding myself that it's very competitive :frown:
Reply 77
I also got a rejection :biggrin:
Yep I got rejected too!

Oh well.. Feeling gutted but I keep reminding myself that it's very competitive :frown:

Oh no! :gasp: I thought you guys had a really good chance. I guess there are just so many talented people.
Reply 79
Yep I got rejected too!

Oh no! :gasp: I thought you guys had a really good chance. I guess there are just so many talented people.

Seconded!! I'm sorry to hear that, both of your stuff is really fantastic.

I have no idea how.. but I've managed to get an interview :confused:, doubt I'll make it any further than that though.

Quick Reply

Latest