The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Midlander
He owns another club, that's the clincher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bet he'll just transfer a bunch of Italians over when he does as well. Disgusting, why I hate modern football.
Original post by CraigWM
Bet he'll just transfer a bunch of Italians over when he does as well. Disgusting, why I hate modern football.

Paying transfer fees is for losers to be honest. As is playing in your own city. MK Dons were doing it before it was cool but we're catching up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paying transfer fees is for losers to be honest. As is playing in your own city. MK Dons were doing it before it was cool but we're catching up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technically mk dons are in their own city - it was ruled that they weren't a continuation of Wimbledon a few years back when the ownership of the fa cup win by the crazy gang was brought up. It's a weird situation but mk dons stole the players and league status rather than the club itself as far as the fa is concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Thanks Crawley.
Go **** yourself, Wigan.

2-1 down with 5 minutes to go and now 3-2 up. They're a serious threat for promotion.

Edit - 3 all. Well in, Yeovil!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Silver Arrows
Cellino found guilty of tax evasion by an Italian court, which could very likely cause him to fail the fit & proper persons test. If he does fail, Leeds will go into administration.

If Thaksin Shinawatra passed it, anybody can.

Noticed QPR have lost again tonight as well, are the media finally going to start to admit that dear 'Arry just isn't a very good manager?
Nice to prove we aren't gonna make this easy..
What a win for Accrington.
Reply 528
Original post by sr90
If Thaksin Shinawatra passed it, anybody can.

Noticed QPR have lost again tonight as well, are the media finally going to start to admit that dear 'Arry just isn't a very good manager?

He couldn't read it so I doubt he'll be offended.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Technically mk dons are in their own city - it was ruled that they weren't a continuation of Wimbledon a few years back when the ownership of the fa cup win by the crazy gang was brought up. It's a weird situation but mk dons stole the players and league status rather than the club itself as far as the fa is concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's quite clear what I meant. Wimbledon were wrongfully moved and the football authorities in this country stood by and let it happened, just as they went on to do with Coventry. If we had ownership rules in England which made a remote attempt to protect fan interests neither case would've happened.
Reply 530
Zola himself on Goals on Sunday now admitting Watfords signings this year weren't good enough to replace last years. Looking forward to Italian invasion Mark III this summer then.
Another fine win which also dented old 'arry and his masterplans.
Martin Allen is back at Barnet. Makes life with Jose Mourinho seem dull by comparison.
Original post by CraigWM
Zola himself on Goals on Sunday now admitting Watfords signings this year weren't good enough to replace last years. Looking forward to Italian invasion Mark III this summer then.

That anonymous pocket of the Home Counties must be buzzing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Solivagant
What a win for Accrington.

I'm pleased to say I was there. Everything seemed to fall for Accrington whereas Morecambe were awful. I stood with the Stanley Ultras and they made that game for me (as I was an Accrington-favouring neutral) and the atmosphere they created was unbelievable
Original post by brocklehurst95
I'm pleased to say I was there. Everything seemed to fall for Accrington whereas Morecambe were awful. I stood with the Stanley Ultras and they made that game for me (as I was an Accrington-favouring neutral) and the atmosphere they created was unbelievable

Yeah, whenever I go they are always very noisy. Big win considering Torquay won as well.
Reply 536
That anonymous pocket of the Home Counties must be buzzing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hear Watford might be holding a Crimea-style referendum soon to decide whether to join Italy or not.
Original post by CraigWM
I hear Watford might be holding a Crimea-style referendum soon to decide whether to join Italy or not.

The League ruled a referendum by Coventry fans not wanting to play in Northampton was also illegitimate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
The League ruled a referendum by Coventry fans not wanting to play in Northampton was also illegitimate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, we found a loophole in that law, referendum passed.

Quick Reply

Latest